• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 or 2 Sovereigns?

AaaGee

Sorry to be so blunt with this question but...

What would be the best way to go investment wise for the future here?

2x 2022 Sovereigns or 1x 2022 £2 double sovereign?

Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Sorry to be so blunt with this question but...

What would be the best way to go investment wise for the future here?

2x 2022 Sovereigns or 1x 2022 £2 double sovereign?

Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, dicker said:

I think not that much difference.  

I think Chards have an offer on to potentially win a Sov if you buy a 2 Sov

Best

Dicker

I was thinking of posting a response, but...

Dicker was quicker!

Besides, bullion sovereigns have been issued in about 200 different years, while bullion double sovereigns have only been issued in about 20, and the total mintage of double sovereigns is probably under a million, whereas total sovereign mintage is in excess of a billion!

😎

Chards

12 hours ago, Bruce06 said:

For appreciation purpose, double sovereign is my choice.  Liquidity wise, sovereign is more common n welcome, coz of its smaller lump sum.  However, one sovereign usually come with a higher premium than double.

Normally, the premium on double sovereigns is higher than on sovereigns.

It just happens to be that one of Blackpool and the world's leading bullion dealers, has the 2022 DS at a slightly lower premium at the moment.

(Until we sell out!)

... and just try buying a 2023!

😎

Chards

Thanks for your input everyone.

It seems pretty 50/50 as to what way to go.

Ill probably go for 2 single sovereigns. One soon and one later. Then if later, the whole crisis that is going on catches me up at least ive got the one.

Im punching above my weight buying any gold generally so have to be careful incase anything pops up all of a sudden. In normal times id take the risk. But as there isnt much in 2 singles or 1 double, I'll take the safe option.

Thanks again everyone 👍

Im happy to take a (low) risk once in a while but it doesn't jump out that one way is better than the other in this case.

Edited by AaaGee

2 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Thanks for your input everyone.

It seems pretty 50/50 as to what way to go.

Ill probably go for 2 single sovereigns. One soon and one later. Then if later, the whole crisis that is going on catches me up at least ive got the one.

Im punching above my weight buying any gold generally so have to be careful incase anything pops up all of a sudden. In normal times id take the risk. But as there isnt much in 2 singles or 1 double, I'll take the safe option.

Thanks again everyone 👍

Here comes "spanner " in the works 😆 buy both singles now if the cash is there! Problem arises down the road then sell one for the needed cash? Can you safely say you will not chip away at the cash between now and then? Sometimes having available cash is more inconvenient than not ( I know that sounds ironic but hopefully you get my point) if I have not made any sense..the just do what my wife does and ignore me😀

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

It made sense 😁.

But I'll be buying one in a couple of weeks. I dont work on Tuesdays so will be ringing my bank to find out when my mortgage comes up for renewal. Then EON to see when my gas n leccy contract expires. That'll let me know if/when i can get no2.

Edited by AaaGee
Bad spelling