• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi, I’m a New Member!

Just a short message to introduce myself.

I took early retirement from work… life is too short!

I have recently become interested in all things silver. My savings aren’t doing anything in bank accounts so thought I’d dabble in buying/stacking silver. 

First I bought a couple of tubes of Britannias from ‘BullionByPost’. Expensive, but beautiful. Then I bought a few Queens Beasts on ebay. I like the idea of collecting sets (must be from my childhood stamp collecting days).

I found this forum from subscribing to ‘Backyard Yard Bullion’. His YouTube videos were infectious and has just increased my ideal to buy beautiful, tangible pieces of silver.

I would welcome any advise and help in my quest to own beautiful coins and bars.

Thanks

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Welcome aboard matey, you'll get even more hooked on here...

First bit of advice I can offer is get at least a silver membership, its worth its weight in gold.... pardon the pun

You only see new deals after three days if you dont and by then the best ones are gone.

second; if in doubt, ask, no-one is above needing advice on here and its always given and welcomed with the odd bit of light hearted banter...

third; use Bullion by Post for price charts... nothing else, they are too expensive, much better deals out there including on here from private sales and of course our resident dealers who are helpful and open... tubes of Brits were going for around £22.40 Each for 25 the other day

if you're needing to complete your QB's set they pop up on here quite regularly or you can ask for what you needed on a wanted listing

last but not least.... enjoy the trip... cos it is a trip..!!!

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Hello! Welcome to the forum.

If you stick around, then you will soon learn BBP aren't the cheapest. There are plenty of silver coins being listed on the forum if you're still looking to buy. But it is best to upgrade to a premium member though. Otherwise, as a non-premium member you'll only get to see the listings after 72hours and by which time any good deals would have gone. 

There are plenty of helpful and knowledgeable collectors and stackers on the forum. Should you have any questions just ask by creating a post.

Enjoy the journey! 

Welcome to the madhouse Forum 😁👍

Lots of knowledge and expertise available on here for the asking, and will echo Gordy & HappyPanda’s advice for a membership - will  certainly pay for itself just on buying stuff - let alone all the information, banter and Craic that forum comes with 😏

I started with Silver too, but believe me, it won’t be long before you’ll be on the slippery slope to the Yellow Shiny Stuff 😁 - they keep posting pics of the damn lovely stuff, and it makes you want some too! 😅

Enjoy!

Bob 👋

Thank you for your kind welcome. I will take on board what you have said about eBay and Bullion by Post. Unfortunately, as I only started collecting a couple of months ago, I really didn’t know any better. Those platforms seemed to be the only options open to me.

From just a brief view of the site and the sales on view to me, I can immediately recognise my mistake.

Anyway, I can only put those early purchases down to experience (without regret, as the coins are still very beautiful)

But from now onwards I will surely be making many future purchases from forum members.

Once I have spent a couple of days navigating the forum I will probably take up your recommendations on purchasing at least the ‘silver’ membership.

Welcome onboard matey, everything I would say has already been said, would just emphasis buying silver from BBP is an expensive way to stack, and fleabay has many a pitfall.

I am currently selling off most (but not all) of my stack of 1oz-10oz silver coins and bars to concentrate on 1kg bars, so have quite a few bargains up for grabs.  Some stuff already posted but if you want to drop me a PM happy to let you know what I have left.  Also a lot of other silver bargains up on the forum at the moment including some 2oz Tudors from @Oliman which I am hoping sell soon as they are tempting even me who is in the middle of selling off silver coins :) 

Good luck on your journey, you will soon realise you have picked a quite addictive past-time.  I find it helps to always bear in mind your not really spending money, just upgrading its format 🤔

On 20/08/2022 at 15:22, steve3jant said:

I have recently become interested in all things silver. My savings aren’t doing anything in bank accounts so thought I’d dabble in buying/stacking silver. 

First I bought a couple of tubes of Britannias from ‘BullionByPost’. Expensive, but beautiful. Then I bought a few Queens Beasts on ebay. I like the idea of collecting sets (must be from my childhood stamp collecting days).

I found this forum from subscribing to ‘Backyard Yard Bullion’. His YouTube videos were infectious and has just increased my ideal to buy beautiful, tangible pieces of silver.

I would welcome any advise and help in my quest to own beautiful coins and bars.

Thanks

Sounds like you made a few typical early mstakes, but having been enthused by BYB, now you have found TSF, you are heading in the right direction.

At this rate, you will soon be forgetting about silver (VAT!), and switching the gold.

Who knows, your mext PM puchase might even be a 2022 double sovereign from a well-known dealer in Blackpool!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

At this rate, you will soon be forgetting about silver (VAT!), and switching the gold.

Who knows, your mext PM puchase might even be a 2022 double sovereign from a well-known dealer in Blackpool!

😎

On 20/08/2022 at 15:22, steve3jant said:

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, and good for you taking the plunge in early retirement!