• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Selling gold

1moreoz

Unless someone is currently holding your kids for ransom put them up for sale here, there's plenty of people would take those queens beasts at a reasonable premium especially if you were using backyardbullion as an intermediary. 

Actually not sure why I'm telling you this as your inbox is probably full right now.

Feel free to drop me a message about the dragon or griffin, I'm interested 

1 hour ago, pricha said:

I've only sold scrap gold to dealers before. Do dealers only offer a flat rate for let's say sovereigns? . I mean obviously some sovereigns are worth much more than others ? Of course there's a lot to take into consideration such as condition, mintage etc.  I suppose its up to the seller to investigate and know  what they have like this gentleman.  

Some dealers will of course try their luck.  The key here is to sell at auction where coins have significant numismatic value. If for example you are selling a narrow shield Sov, you would do so at auction rather than selling to a dealer.  But this is premised in knowing what you are selling!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

3 minutes ago, dicker said:

Some dealers will of course try their luck.  The key here is to sell at auction where coins have significant numismatic value. If for example you are selling a narrow shield Sov, you would do so at auction rather than selling to a dealer.  But this is premised in knowing what you are selling!

I really can't square the price difference dealer's are asking for queens beasts with what they offer. I was offered 1400, spot at the time for a unicorn the same dealer was asking nearly 2 grand for. I know they need to make a profit but that seems a bit rude.

Who's paying the prices dealer's are asking for some of these?

That is how it works, if you have time sell individually on here. Will make you a decent premium over what dealers pay you. Mind you, I do like trading with dealers, saves me the hassle and secures a quick and safe deal. 

Only two of the dealers got back to me today, I was happy with both offers might of liked a little more on the queens beasts but just happy to have a hassle free quick sale. One gave me a courier rate and just waiting on the other then I’ll decide. I don’t actually find out until tomorrow lunch about the house I’m after so if I get the house it’s all systems go and if not I’ll be keeping the gold and buying some more.

Just now, 1moreoz said:

I have now sold all my gold 😢 chards gave me a offer I was very happy with and I drove down today to drop them off. Thanks to all for advice on the forum it was very much appreciated.

The plan is to move into my new house end of Oct and probably looking to start collecting gold again early in the new year, so I’ll probably not use the forum much until then but again thank you to all who gave advice 👍

Congratulations and good luck with the move.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

On 10/08/2022 at 18:16, 1moreoz said:

I have now sold all my gold 😢 chards gave me a offer I was very happy with and I drove down today to drop them off. Thanks to all for advice on the forum it was very much appreciated.

The plan is to move into my new house end of Oct and probably looking to start collecting gold again early in the new year, so I’ll probably not use the forum much until then but again thank you to all who gave advice 👍

Congratulations on achieving your goals!  

Don’t be a stranger on the forum even if you are not collecting!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2022 at 18:16, 1moreoz said:

Thanks for your kind mention.

I hope the journey went well for you both ways.

I am sorry I missed seeing you on the day, but good luck with the new house.

😎

Chards

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Hello all I've just had my mum on the phone wanting to sell her scrap jewelry. 

Anyone any tips on where the best place to go. Preferably by post.

Cheers in advance

Reach out to @ilovesilverireallydo first. Pretty sure he will match if not better any of the usual suspects. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip