• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Question about Saudi Arabia Guinea - Real of not?

Hi, everyone!

I have won today an auction and I do need your opinion about the coin I have won. From pictures look genuine for me, but my experience and expertise in this types of  coins are very limited.

Before paying, I will ask you nicely to assess this coin from pictures, because I know that there are some fakes floating around.

The auction was on Ebay, so I need to be a little scrupulous.

Thank you in advance for your answers.🤗

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

s-l1600 - 2022-05-03T104357.847.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-05-03T104409.196.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-05-03T104403.876.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-05-03T104415.316.jpg

Edited by stefffana

Im sure if you let @James32 suck it up with his hoover pipe. and pop it on his sigma tester for you, he will tell you. Just dont let him send it back to you by boat!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Im sure if you let @James32 suck it up with his hoover pipe. and pop it on his sigma tester for you, he will tell you. Just dont let him send it back to you by boat!

Thank you for your opinion, Bully.🤗

18 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Hi, everyone!

I have won today an auction and I do need your opinion about the coin I have won. From pictures look genuine for me, but my experience and expertise in this types of  coins are very limited.

Before paying, I will ask you nicely to assess this coin from pictures, because I know that there are some fakes floating around.

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

s-l1600 - 2022-05-03T104357.847.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-05-03T104409.196.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-05-03T104403.876.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-05-03T104415.316.jpg

Looks like 22ct gold to me, but as you know it's nearly impossible without holding coin in your hand. I'd still buy and get tested within the 30 days?

Maybe @DuncanWylieWilson or @Leonmarsh or @Tozer could shed some light ?

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

That appears to be genuine to me.

You get later strikes of these whose details are less sharp and a bit washed out. These later pieces are still 22 carat gold and accepted as bullion, but they are obviously less numismatic.

The strike on this piece is sharp and the details appear to be correct. If the diameter and weight are correct for the type that would be a very good sign for me, but you may also wish to have it XRF checked just for belt and braces! 

Nice pick up and lovely coin.

"INDIVIDUAL AMBITION SERVES THE COMMON GOOD." – Adam Smith

⚜️ Sub-Forum https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/144-wilson-numismatics-uk/

Instagram_logo_2016_svg.png.0244211e338af7f899b5e071b205d306.png Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wilsonnumismatics/

🕸 Website https://worldgold.co.uk

23 minutes ago, DuncanWylieWilson said:

That appears to be genuine to me.

You get later strikes of these whose details are less sharp and a bit washed out. These later pieces are still 22 carat gold and accepted as bullion, but they are obviously less numismatic.

The strike on this piece is sharp and the details appear to be correct. If the diameter and weight are correct for the type that would be a very good sign for me, but you may also wish to have it XRF checked just for belt and braces! 

Nice pick up and lovely coin.

Thank you for your input, Duncan!🤗

1 minute ago, Richiesilver said:

I have a fairly high res version of my ngc verified one here. Nothing on yours makes me suspicious but I am not an expert.

20210615_125501.jpg

20210615_125447.jpg

Thank you, with any answer from this beautiful community, I feel more confident.

Lovely coin you have! 🤗

9 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Its definitely genuine by the photo appearance. I handle a lot of these, and the fakes have some obvious markers that I cant see on yours. 

Thank you.🤗 I really appreciate your answer backed up by your huge experience and expertise.

Edited by stefffana

19 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Its definitely genuine by the photo appearance. I handle a lot of these, and the fakes have some obvious markers that I cant see on yours. 

This man knows his onions @stefffana so my suggestion is buy it but put my postal address on it and I will send you a nice pewter mickey mouse plum jam tray for all your hassle....:P

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

On 03/05/2022 at 12:10, stefffana said:

Hi, everyone!

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

Yours looks OK.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM_iarnIuvnwq8eMMGvWzOA

Worth watching!

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Yours looks OK.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM_iarnIuvnwq8eMMGvWzOA

Worth watching!

😎

Thank you, Lawrence!🤗

I've seen already the video, this is the real reason I've been worried and I have asked for another opinion from more experienced good people.

27 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Thank you, Lawrence!🤗

I've seen already the video, this is the real reason I've been worried and I have asked for another opinion from more experienced good people.

I think I also posted something on TSF, at the time, showing genuine and fake.

You were right to check, and learn.

🙂

Chards