• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

not so sure.  is it actually plated or just gold painted cuni??   

only 90% binlord

but tbh, if i can buy something at £2 and sell for £20. thats not a bad business.

wonder if HMRC know???

strangely enough stumbled across a you tube video about world postage which explains why china can export at almost no cost as its being subsidised by us and the us etc as its a "developing country".  i cant find it but when i tried to i found this from 2018 and its still ongoing

https://www.ft.com/content/3af8bfb8-ad3a-11e8-94bd-cba20d67390c

Retailers in the UK say they are struggling with unfair competition from Chinese online sellers who benefit from subsidised postal costs. Domestic vendors say it can be cheaper to send a small item to London from Shenzhen than from Sheffield, partly thanks to international rules. UK postal operators such as Royal Mail are reimbursed by the operator in the country of origin some of the cost of processing and delivering letters and small packets under 2kg from overseas after they arrive on UK shores. However, countries classed as “developing” — such as China — are charged significantly less for the service than industrialised nations under a system called “terminal dues”. Donald Trump has demanded reforms to the system, claiming it undermines American business. The US president has threatened unilateral action unless the rates are increased to end market distortions. Nick Glynne, founder of Buy It Direct, which sells appliances, electrical equipment and furniture, described the situation as “outrageous”.

“Royal Mail is subsiding Chinese resellers.

People have no idea the scale of what is happening. It is cheaper to get something direct from China than for us to deliver it from the UK,” he said. Two million items a week from Asia About 2m items are thought to arrive in the UK each week from Asia. An army of small-scale Chinese traders on websites such as Wish, Amazon Marketplace and Ebay buy stock direct from wholesalers and then dispatch electrical goods, cosmetics and other lightweight items in bubble-wrap envelopes, which are transported by air freight to the UK, often within days. The Financial Times purchased a Samsung phone charger on Ebay from a UK seller for £3.19 with free postage. It arrived in a week from China and contained Samsung branding and CE marking. The same model costs £19.99 from Carphone Warehouse, although that product also includes a USB cable. The FT also bought a tube of eyelash glue on Amazon for 58p. It arrived after 10 days, post-free, from an address in Laos. I have always tried to steer clear of stuff they [Chinese online sellers] can do. You cannot compete with subsidised products Nick Whitehead, Xbite “It is unfair and it needs to stop,” said Steve Oliver, cofounder of Music Magpie, a vendor of second-hand CDs, DVDs and mobile phones.

Royal Mail said the Universal Postal Union (UPU), a UN agency, sets limits on the rates that China pays for postage once it reaches the UK. The UK operator has a separate bilateral deal with China but declined to give details on the grounds of commercial confidentiality. “The agreement ensures we are paid adequately for our services,” the company added. Royal Mail also declined to disclose how much international mail it handles. Its annual report for 2017-18 stated that the top three countries for cross-border purchases into the UK were China, the US and Germany. Cheap imports hitting UK high street The availability of cheap imports has hit high street retailers in the UK as well as online merchants. Maplin, the chain that went into administration in February, sold small electrical components available direct from China. It attempted to move to higher value items but could not adapt quickly enough. Zeif Hussain, of PwC, one of Maplin’s administrators, said UK retailers were facing unprecedented pressure from rising costs and international competition. “Overseas sellers have a lower cost base and some products are loss leaders to attract shoppers,” he said. UPU guidelines endorse the principle that each country should be compensated by the sending country for the delivery of inbound packets and documents at a rate of about 70 per cent of the domestic postage, with varying levels of discounts for developing economies. However, many operators give each other much larger discounts, according to Jim Campbell, a US consultant and lawyer. Recommended Peter Navarro Global postal rates give Chinese companies an unfair advantage OPA LOCKA, FL - DECEMBER 04:

U.S. Postal service mail handlers Stephen Johnson and Melonyee Ross (R) sort packages at the U.S. Postal service's Royal Palm Processing and Distribution Center on December 4, 2017 in Opa Locka, Florida. The U.S. Postal Service is projecting more than 850 million packages will be sent during the busy holiday shopping and gift giving season. More than 6 million packages are expected to be delivered each of the five Sundays before Christmas in select major markets. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images) “The reality is that industrialised countries are charging substantially less than 70 per cent of the domestic postage [price] for the delivery of inbound small packets,” said Mr Campbell. Legacy national postal groups offered discounts to protect their position in the ecommerce delivery market against competitors, he added. The system is undergoing reform. In 2016, the UPU agreed new rates that specifically increased costs for small packets from China and other middle-income countries, such as Turkey and Russia, with an ultimate goal of applying the same terms to all nations by 2021. An extraordinary congress of the UPU this week is discussing the issue, along with a number of others. Mr Campbell said the new uniform rates would still offer a substantial discount to overseas sellers. “The UPU is now significantly increasing the rates that China pays for postage,” said Royal Mail. “China will pay similar rates to major European posts by 2021.” ‘You cannot compete with subsidised products’ Many small UK retailers and online sellers believe more needs to be done. Nick Whitehead is the managing director of Xbite, an online retailer in Chesterfield founded in 2004, which today employs 90 people. He said he had suffered from the “crazy” system and had to switch to more expensive products to survive. “I have always tried to steer clear of stuff they [Chinese online sellers] can do,” added Mr Whitehead. “You cannot compete with subsidised products.” Mr Whitehead said it was not just cheap delivery that threatened the UK retail trade. Sellers can under-declare the value of products to avoid VAT, charged only on packages worth more than £15, and they may not have performed full British safety checks. Some retailers also fear that Chinese sellers could route goods through nearby countries that might continue to benefit from favourable postage rates during the transition period to higher rates. The UPU declined to comment before the congress finished on September 7.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285501717278
This beautiful Victorian Shield Gold Full Sovereign is a must-have for any coin collector. It is a rare and valuable piece that will enhance any collection. The design is intricate and detailed, featuring the iconic shield of Victoria and the classic Sovereign denomination.

£500 starting bid, with reserve. 

IMG_8572.jpeg

IMG_8571.jpeg

5 hours ago, Deus said:

This beautiful Victorian Shield Gold Full Sovereign is a must-have for any coin collector. It is a rare and valuable piece that will enhance any collection. The design is intricate and detailed, featuring the iconic shield of Victoria and the classic Sovereign denomination.

IMG_8572.jpeg

IMG_8571.jpeg

Surely no one is going for this?😮🤔

5 hours ago, Deus said:

IMG_8572.jpeg

IMG_8571.jpeg

That is one ugly ugly Sovereign 🤮 I wonder what it even weighs now, because that's not worth a penny over melt.

6 hours ago, Deus said:

IMG_8572.jpeg

IMG_8571.jpeg

Reminds me of my favourite childhood sweets

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.3c810d08b30aec6e5e0a695cd265ba5b.jpg

On 29/09/2023 at 11:29, SiCole said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155718430322

image.thumb.png.1e80dfe86f45a5c2e0cc180ff0982897.png

"Unopened" but upside down in the capsule. Oh and £14,500 overpriced.

I'm shocked this hasn't sold 😲

But they are not perturbed, in fact they want more as the price has increased to £15,000.00 😂

1 minute ago, marshbag said:

But they are not perturbed, in fact they want more as the price has increased to £15,000.00 😂

Well that's because royal mail have increased 1st class stamps

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

13 minutes ago, marshbag said:

I just put a reserve in of 20000*

*Vietnamese dong

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, MickB said:

Well, I did get a reply!!!

Screenshot_20231004_162751_Chrome.jpg

Should I ask him if he has ancestral DNA to MrTurpin and does he wear a mask?

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, MickB said:

Wouldn't hurt to ask. Don't forget to post the reply😄

I would do but I havent got an ebay account for this very reason - too many binlords and scammers - cant be bothered with the heartache...!

11 hours ago, Deus said:

IMG_8572.jpeg

IMG_8571.jpeg

Honestly, I couldn’t tell if this is a counterfeit, been through a mechanical press or something else.  

The description makes the seller a Binlord.  Plus 500 starting price with “Reserve not met”.

Not my circus, not my monkeys