• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

It's difficult to feel too sorry - people who get ripped off buying fakes also buy genuine lots, including ones I want to buy (I have a particular focus on mispriced genuine stuff).  The fakes for sale are a necessary part of eBay being a fantastic place to get cheap metals

1 hour ago, HowardW said:

It's difficult to feel too sorry - people who get ripped off buying fakes also buy genuine lots, including ones I want to buy (I have a particular focus on mispriced genuine stuff).  The fakes for sale are a necessary part of eBay being a fantastic place to get cheap metals

must say, thats odd reasoning. Each to their own i guess.

Personally don't feel massively sorry for people buying fakes if they are clearly fakes or they have bought in the hope it could be real. Although, anyone thats bought when it seems legit and got screwed over, needs sympathy.

Cheap metals on ebay? where???? I sell bits on there due to the high premium lol

trouble with ebay is not only fake coins its oh i put coin in package its not my problem if its not there and oh thats not the coin i sent you must have switched it for dodgy coin i have bought sovs of ebay but not for few years trouble is they could have 100% feedback for selling items for low amount then when theirs a chance of  4 or 5 hundred pounds free of charge and possibly several times the con artists tell each other how to do it and it spoils it for genuine sellers its a minefield you just cant take the chance then the stress of trying to get money back just a nightmare and some of them are so convincing its better just paying extra and deal with reputable people

1 hour ago, bazbigfoot said:

trouble with ebay is not only fake coins its oh i put coin in package its not my problem if its not there and oh thats not the coin i sent you must have switched it for dodgy coin i have bought sovs of ebay but not for few years trouble is they could have 100% feedback for selling items for low amount then when theirs a chance of  4 or 5 hundred pounds free of charge and possibly several times the con artists tell each other how to do it and it spoils it for genuine sellers its a minefield you just cant take the chance then the stress of trying to get money back just a nightmare and some of them are so convincing its better just paying extra and deal with reputable people

Yeah and these days theres just as many scam buyers than there are scam sellers. I have some small gold coins and 1g bars I sell, although after a scare a few weeks ago, I am stopping that once they are gone.. Only gonna sell lower valued items, i.e. silver coins on ebay, and sell the gold on here

People say there are no bargains in the coin section on eBay. Look at these - 1oz of 9999 silver shipped (from Shenzhen) for only £4.78 each:

1 Oz 9999 Silver Australia Lunar Series 2024 Year Dragon Perth Mint Bullion Coin | eBay

NEW 2024 1 oz Silver Lunar Dragon coin with Dragon Privy BU Perth Mint | eBay

2024 Silver Lunar Dragon coin with Dragon Privy BU Perth Mint | eBay

Screenshot2024-05-15000502.thumb.png.0ff654d9d76e689a61f3590a4dfda69f.png

REPORTED!

Same person with like 9 different accounts

eBay got back to me and apparently everything is cool and normal, no violations 🤷‍♂️

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

20 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

People say there are no bargains in the coin section on eBay. Look at these - 1oz of 9999 silver shipped (from Shenzhen) for only £4.78 each:

1 Oz 9999 Silver Australia Lunar Series 2024 Year Dragon Perth Mint Bullion Coin | eBay

NEW 2024 1 oz Silver Lunar Dragon coin with Dragon Privy BU Perth Mint | eBay

2024 Silver Lunar Dragon coin with Dragon Privy BU Perth Mint | eBay

Screenshot2024-05-15000502.thumb.png.0ff654d9d76e689a61f3590a4dfda69f.png

REPORTED!

Same person with like 9 different accounts

eBay got back to me and apparently everything is cool and normal, no violations 🤷‍♂️

And how many of these are now sitting in peoples stacks? TBF to ebay, theres no way of "knowing" they are fake until received. We know just on the price, although its a marketplace, people have the right to sell at whatever price they want as long as what they are selling is what they are selling

90 have been sold on one listing, who are obviously going to sell at full price.

8 minutes ago, ccfcpaul said:

And how many of these are now sitting in peoples stacks? TBF to ebay, theres no way of "knowing" they are fake until received. We know just on the price, although its a marketplace, people have the right to sell at whatever price they want as long as what they are selling is what they are selling

90 have been sold on one listing, who are obviously going to sell at full price.

They aren't sending the coin in the picture though. The coin they have pictured is ripped from a dealer stock image which I think might be illegal by itself (IPR/copyright)

What about 1 person having 9 different accounts, is that not against eBay policies? IDK I give up, shame eBay have no morals

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

these cons will get a lot worse , on ebay there are numerous ads for sovereign boxes with c.o.a. plus lots of gold plated sovereigns says on the ads same size and weight ( how ?) In 1124 henry the 1st had moneyers before there was a mint coins were silver and any coins found to be underweight for silver content the moneyer responsible was castrated and his right hand was severed ( prob didnt need it after castration ) if ebay could punish con men the same it would soon stop al the cons , there are people selling coins on ebay with notes saying anyone trying deception will be reported to ebay the police , fraud squad etc why should you have to go through all this to do what should be a simple transaction. Ive got 25 half sovs a quarter sov and 2 half guineas i was thinking of selling to buy full sovs but couldnt cope with the hastle and things will get worse because nothing is done they get away with it

15 minutes ago, bazbigfoot said:

these cons will get a lot worse , on ebay there are numerous ads for sovereign boxes with c.o.a. plus lots of gold plated sovereigns says on the ads same size and weight ( how ?) In 1124 henry the 1st had moneyers before there was a mint coins were silver and any coins found to be underweight for silver content the moneyer responsible was castrated and his right hand was severed ( prob didnt need it after castration ) if ebay could punish con men the same it would soon stop al the cons , there are people selling coins on ebay with notes saying anyone trying deception will be reported to ebay the police , fraud squad etc why should you have to go through all this to do what should be a simple transaction. Ive got 25 half sovs a quarter sov and 2 half guineas i was thinking of selling to buy full sovs but couldnt cope with the hastle and things will get worse because nothing is done they get away with it

Sell them here, as a bonus, there's no fees.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

16 minutes ago, bazbigfoot said:

The fake sovs are usually too thick...

IMG_0143.JPG

all trust has gone post office big wigs oh i cant remember liars , blood scandal governments keeping quiet knowing it was happening , its just a free for all lie con cheat its become an epidemic it spreads like covid and some of the general public think well if they do it so can we lets go on ebay and take some gullible trusting fools for a few hundred quid serves them right for trusting people , they will eventually stop people buying coins on ebay because they havn't got the brains to deal properly so they will stop everyone, like the kid in the playground who isnt any good at the game so disrupts it so no one can play