• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Standard Bullion Coin

Abyss

I have noticed Royal Mint are now doing The Gold Standard 2021 UK One Ounce Gold Proof Coin.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/gold-standard/the-gold-standard-2021-one-ounce-gold-proof-coin/

It is a beautiful coin but has anyone heard on the rumour mill that Royal Mint may release a 2022 Once Ounce Gold Standard bullion coin?

2 hours ago, Abyss said:

I have noticed Royal Mint are now doing The Gold Standard 2021 UK One Ounce Gold Proof Coin.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/gold-standard/the-gold-standard-2021-one-ounce-gold-proof-coin/

It is a beautiful coin but has anyone heard on the rumour mill that Royal Mint may release a 2022 Once Ounce Gold Standard bullion coin?

Yeah they do. I thought 2021 was the 1st but i noticed that there’s also a 2020 version. I think they have sneakily added this as I don’t remember this launching

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/royal-arms-2020-1oz-gold-coin/

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

40 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

Yeah they do. I thought 2021 was the 1st but i noticed that there’s also a 2020 version. I think they have sneakily added this as I don’t remember this launching

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/royal-arms-2020-1oz-gold-coin/

The Royal arms is a different design to the gold standard is that the wrong link? 

I've not seen the gold standard in one oz before now. I think there was a bullion quarter oz from 2016 which is nice but haven't seen other sizes from previous years 

Here's the 2021 bullion version that was available but sold out earlier this year (from https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/the-gold-standard-2021-1oz-gold-bullion-coin/)

gold-standard-2021-1-ounce-gold-bullion-reverse-ukbgs211.jpg

I don't think the 2021 1oz proof is a particularly new thing either - I'm sure it's been on the RM website for months?

It looks like the 1/4oz was designed in 2016 and minted in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 according to https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces222200.html

Topically, the 1/4oz proof is currently available as a "strike your own" on the Royal Mint VIP tour :) 

53 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

The Royal arms is a different design to the gold standard is that the wrong link? 

I've not seen the gold standard in one oz before now. I think there was a bullion quarter oz from 2016 which is nice but haven't seen other sizes from previous years 

😩😆 Of course. My bad

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

Did anyone actually manage to buy the 1 oz bullion Gold Standard 2021 coin?  
It seemed to be 'no longer available' on the Royal Mint website the moment that it was released.

I'm only asking because I would really like to own one and am patiently waiting for the RM and other distributors to receive more.  

On the assumption that it should become generally available (it didn't say limited mintage or any other such qualification) I am ready and willing to purchase.  Come on Royal Mint...

Edited by Stuntman

Thank you @paulmerton I was unaware that the Royal Mint released The Gold Standard 2021 1oz Gold Bullion Coin. Don't mind it being sold out but I would like to buy the The Gold Standard 2022 1oz Gold Bullion Coin when (hopefully) released.

The Gold Standard Coin is one of the most underrated in my opinion........they're stunning in hand. 

Disappointingly though the RM have decided not to release a 2021 1/4oz bullion version. Even though the thing was listed on their site, albeit very briefly! But apparently that was a mistake too 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I'm a little concerned they may go end of life. 

Strangely, today I took photos of one of my 2020 1/4oz Gold Standard bullion coins along with a 2020 1/4oz Brit with a view of offering them up for my first sale on the forum (I understand the need to verify that these would be genuine as I have no seller profile!!) but couldn't find any Gold Standards in stock anywhere to gauge price. Are we saying that maybe I should hold onto this instead? Although the OCD in me hates having 4 of these when I only have 3 of everything else (3 kids). Any thoughts🤔

That's a hell of a price for the Gold Standard 2020 @paulmerton, hatton garden metals is always somewhere I forget to check for bullion deals as anytime I have had a peek they always seems kinda pricey! Certainly not this time though. 

@FFposh do you have 4x2020 or the 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020?

I have the 18, 19 & 20....on the look out for the 16 at a good price! To answer your initial question though, if you have a date run then I would definitely keep hold. I have a sneaky suspicion that something is going on with them. So if they do go End Of Life that may increase the value slightly over time. That and I think they're stunning anyway 😊

Hi 

11 minutes ago, Rugbyplayer said:

That's a hell of a price for the Gold Standard 2020 @paulmerton, hatton garden metals is always somewhere I forget to check for bullion deals as anytime I have had a peek they always seems kinda pricey! Certainly not this time though. 

@FFposh do you have 4x2020 or the 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020?

I have the 18, 19 & 20....on the look out for the 16 at a good price! To answer your initial question though, if you have a date run then I would definitely keep hold. I have a sneaky suspicion that something is going on with them. So if they do go End Of Life that may increase the value slightly over time. That and I think they're stunning anyway 😊

They are all 2020s I'm afraid! Will think about it after Hatton Garden offer has expired🤣