• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Holiday in America

Slam

1 minute ago, Bigmarc said:

Ask her to carry some of these back, they seem quite popular at the moment 

Screenshot_20211003-140933-031.png.359f45cd01f6632afc76aa625c4852ce.png

Only if you want to go werewolf hunting.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• Founder & Administrator
11 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Same price though. With VAT. No cheaper here.

Depends what you are looking to buy and what members have for sale at the time. Many Premium Members have reported saving more than the membership cost on the savings on the items they buy on the forum compared to dealers. Just depends what is available at the time, most good deals on the forum tend to go really quickly.

If you are looking for something in particular feel free to put up a wanted ad in the trade section and you might find what you are looking for :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

11 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Same price though. With VAT. No cheaper here.

People have to make a profit or there no point selling. id still argue prices are competive.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

6 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

Depends what you are looking to buy and what members have for sale at the time. Many Premium Members have reported saving more than the membership cost on the savings on the items they buy on the forum compared to dealers. Just depends what is available at the time, most good deals on the forum tend to go really quickly.

If you are looking for something in particular feel free to put up a wanted ad in the trade section and you might find what you are looking for :) 

Good idea. Thanks. Certainly much cheaper here than on other forums like Facebook.

Edited by TommyTwoShots

I came back from Florida in 2018 and 2019 with a tube of eagles in my hand luggage. Waved through both times. I didn't check beforehand if there was a set allowance and assumed that for such a small amount it would be fine. I know that under £10,000 doesn't have to be declared.

The £10,000 limit is for notes and coins. Eagles are coins - the only contention is the value. Are they one dollar or are they spot price of silver ?

29 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

I came back from Florida in 2018 and 2019 with a tube of eagles in my hand luggage. Waved through both times. I didn't check beforehand if there was a set allowance and assumed that for such a small amount it would be fine. I know that under £10,000 doesn't have to be declared.

The £10,000 limit is for notes and coins. Eagles are coins - the only contention is the value. Are they one dollar or are they spot price of silver ?

The £10,000 limit applies to currency and you need to prove legitimate ownership and be able to explain in detail its origins.
This limit does not apply to gold and silver bullion even if described as legal tender.
Everyone knows that a one ounce silver eagle stamped $1 is not the same thing as a $1 coin and anyone arguing otherwise will struggle at customs.
You need to Google the current allowances which from a past memory is circa £350 per person so a full tube of ASEs bought at a low price would be okay I guess.

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

The £10,000 limit applies to currency and you need to prove legitimate ownership and be able to explain in detail its origins.
This limit does not apply to gold and silver bullion even if described as legal tender.
Everyone knows that a one ounce silver eagle stamped $1 is not the same thing as a $1 coin and anyone arguing otherwise will struggle at customs.
You need to Google the current allowances which from a past memory is circa £350 per person.

Would "junk silver" that is still in circulation fall under that limit or not? I mean, it doesn't seem that infeasible to end up with a few hundred of them in your change :D 

Just now, paulmerton said:

Would "junk silver" that is still in circulation fall under that limit or not? I mean, it doesn't seem that infeasible to end up with a few hundred of them in your change :D 

Silver, junk silver, shoes, bags, ....ANYTHING that is in your luggage that was bought whilst in the USA effectively is taxable returning to the UK.
Fortunately customs aren't really that interested in jeans and trainers these days unless they suspect you are planning to resale.
They are looking for "merchandise" like diamond rings, watches, cameras etc - they know what they are looking for - and all of these items brought in without declaring can cause you trouble and be classed essentially as a smuggler. A bag of coins is not the typical sort of item so could attract interest. However with a plausible explanation and proof of purchase and value, that's not a problem provided that value is within your free personal allowance. It is a brave and foolish person that argues a bag of 100 silver dollars is only worth £100.

I returned many years ago from the USA where all my belongings had been stolen.
A customs officer asked me if I had anything to declare and had I purchased any items whilst in the USA.
Being a "smart ass" at the time, I stated that everything I was wearing and in my bag had been purchased, so he fined me a substantial amount - lesson learned  - don't be a smart ass !