• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The regular proof is plain edge with the inscription.

From the image, it looks like the reverse frosted is milled edge.

Yeah, I would expect both coins to have a milled edge. The image of the two coins in the box contains "uk22ts2sp" whereas the image of the single proof coin (with inscribed edge) contains "uk22tspsp", which suggests they've incorrectly reused the image of the single coin that got released last year.

Hmm I’m not sure @paulmerton.

Firstly, those are the product codes of the single 1 Oz coin and the 2-coin set.

Secondly, the description below the images states that one coin is plain edge with the inscription. Indeed it doesn’t not I knife specs of the reverse frosted coin.

Lastly, the regular 1 Oz coin has a mintage of 7,010 of which 6,000 were released last year as a single coin. Assuming 10 are set aside for the Trial of the Pyx, that leaves 1,000 to be included in this 2-coin set which is limited to 1,000 sets too.

Edited by westminstrel

There are still some left! Says awaiting stock. Also Honey app found me a coupon for free shipping. Contemplating now whether to get it :). I am not crazy about the design, would only buy it for flipping. 

Edited by MapleLeaf

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Hmm I’m not sure @paulmerton.

Firstly, those are the product codes of the single 1 Oz coin and the 2-coin set.

Secondly, the description below the images states that one coin is plain edge with the inscription. Indeed it doesn’t not I knife specs of the reverse frosted coin.

Lastly, the regular 1 Oz coin has a mintage of 7,010 of which 6,000 were released last year as a single coin. Assuming 10 are set aside for the Trial of the Pyx, that leaves 1,000 to be included in this 2-coin set which is limited to 1,000 sets too.

Oh yes, I think I remember noticing that last bit at the time now!

7 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Looks like there's 40 left at the minute...

And if the image is accurate, both have milled edges...

Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 2.21.30 pm.png

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Someone at the RM is properly confused.

The images show one thing and the descriptions state another.

But I’m pretty sure the regular 1 Oz is the same as what was released last year. The numbers add up. :) 

14 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Curiously, the box does not seem to have I / X like the rest of the boxes do.

I hope they will do this set for the entire series and it won’t just be a one-off.

Judging by the state of the RM mock-ups - it could just be one more thing they didn't have time to add / change!  😂 😂 😂

30 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’d love to see pics so I can know what to expect. Mine has moved to closed but it will be a few weeks before I get it. 

Hope to have mine Monday, so happy to take some pics and post them - as I'm sure others will when they get theirs...  👍

This set was announced by LPM as "LPM Exclusiv" release, like several denominations of other RM releases too. 

https://www.lpm.hk/en/2022-1oz-great-britain-the-royal-tudor-beasts-the-seymour-panther-999-silver-proof-reversed-frosted-2-coin-set-lpm-exclusive-early-2022.html

Usually they launch the coins same time like the RM. Status of the set on their webside is still coming soon. Worst case, there will be a milled AND a plain edge set. Next worst case for collectors, the mint had only a couple sets and could not even sell out them. But i hope for the best case scenario, that can happen. They stop these f...ed up major dealer exclusiv coin issues, with extraordinary premiums on them and we will have more opportunities to buy for more reasonable prices. If i had missed this set, i would be sure for best case scenario. But i have allready a shipping confirmation.

48 minutes ago, Slam said:

Wow, RM have been talking to amazon I think on how to improve their service.

Order has been dispatched and will be delivered tomorrow. 😄

Blimey!  Mine says expected the 7th... you haven't got a contact at RM have you? 😂

On 03/02/2022 at 00:55, 272 said:

So 4 months after  the initial order I finally got my restruck  2x 10z and 2x 2oz silver panthers from the Royal Mint that were checked by the production manager before they were  sent to me.  I will be sending them back again as they are just as bad as the previous 14 coins (I'm now on coins 15,16,17 and 18)!

Its just woeful. I've sent an email to their customer engagement manager but to be honest unless they offer some kind of compensation I'm going to cancel my standing order for the 1oz and 2oz collections and write to the chief executive again.

Either Royal mInt production quality just isn't good enough on the silver (plus I think one of this batch might have an emerging milk spot), or the packaging isn't robust enough to protect the coins in transit. But you'd think by now they'd be able to get at least on e coin right!.  The last picture is actually fibres inside the capsule but again I'm not sure how a piece that big got in if it was properly checked?

20220202_235205.thumb.jpg.96b46fbff42aa432dbc15f1d9b79a518.jpg20220202_235503.thumb.jpg.2c892288ad3655098927b9c837c2f864.jpg20220202_234858.thumb.jpg.12bb912072a063d96f7c66ae445033eb.jpg

Doesn't suprise me at all, part of the reason I will never buy from them again. Plus plenty of other reasons

People don't have endless amounts of money. There have been bigger releases recently, one this Sunday and one this Monday (probably).

The first Seymour Panther isn't sold out in some proof denominations

I like the look of it in retrospect, but not enough for me to buy another Seymour Panther.

I will be keeping an eye on the secondary market to see if there are any bargains.

Edited by NewCoins

11 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Saturday delivery for myself also 

40 left in stock not the best news ! 

Why not? Slow selling isn't the baddest thing. If they go slowly into strong collector's hands, you won't see 122 offers directly after release. Or worst, half of retail after couple of months. I'm sure, this will not be a key coin of the series, but still the first in a 5 year series. Plenty of time to sell out.

1 hour ago, dikefalos said:

Why not? Slow selling isn't the baddest thing. If they go slowly into strong collector's hands, you won't see 122 offers directly after release. Or worst, half of retail after couple of months. I'm sure, this will not be a key coin of the series, but still the first in a 5 year series. Plenty of time to sell out 

I make you right on that @dikefalos

But I have to be honest I was hoping to sell this on pretty quickly so 40 left is definitely not good news for me