• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Places to sell George V sovs

If I wanted to sell some George V sovs (just thinking about it), which of the UK dealers are usually known for having the best prices to sell to?

At the site below one is £346.00 to buy - what sort of price do you think they might buy for?

https://www.atsbullion.com/gold-sovereign-coin/1911-1932-george-v-sovereign/

If alternatively I wanted to sell here on the forum, would it normally be standard to sell sovs individually, rather than selling several together as one lot?

Do you think I'd get much more selling here on the forum compared to what I'd get from one of the UK dealers who offer better prices?

Thanks.

Sell on here without doubt.

If you ask a fair price, you will get exactly what you ask. I sold a 1912M today for £335 inc Spec Del. 

Go to a dealer, you are unlikely to be offered more than a couple of percent below spot. Unlikely more than £300.

Put it on ebay and to get £330, you will have to sell for about £380 to cover the fees of about 15% final sale.

Alternatively, put it in an auction with 10% sellers fees and cross your fingers, while waiting several weeks. 

Edited by Richym99

I do not know of any dealers who would offer more than £300, even though they would go though the effort of itemising specific sovereigns at higher prices.

you could get a price close to that on the forum.

eBay can be good for specific items, but it comes with attendant risks.

If I sold here on the forum, in order to receive payment, is the general practice to then message the purchaser with my sort code and bank account number? Do I need to message any other info in order to receive payment?

1 hour ago, BobnotTed said:

If I sold here on the forum, in order to receive payment, is the general practice to then message the purchaser with my sort code and bank account number? Do I need to message any other info in order to receive payment?

Yes, do all that sort of business by private message and not publicly 

2 hours ago, BobnotTed said:

account name

sort code

bank number

On 30/05/2021 at 22:38, Richym99 said:

If you ask a fair price, you will get exactly what you ask. I sold a 1912M today for £335 inc Spec Del. 

Go to a dealer, you are unlikely to be offered more than a couple of percent below spot. Unlikely more than £300.

Put it on ebay and to get £330, you will have to sell for about £380 to cover the fees of about 15% final sale.

Alternatively, put it in an auction with 10% sellers fees and cross your fingers, while waiting several weeks. 

For a small quantity, possibly. For a larger quantity, probably not.

Sure, if you go to a local coin shop, a jeweller, or a pawnbroker, that's possibly optimistic.

Go to a good bullion dealer, and you should be able to sell any quantity and at a much better price. @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, we would be delighted to take 1,000 off your hands at spot, subject only to them being genuine, and of acceptable bullion grade or better. They don't even need to be George V.

Prices here https://www.chards.co.uk/gold-price/live-gold-price as I speak, with spot £1,346.70; intrinsic sovereign = £317.01 each, immediate payment by bank transfer, possibly cash!

£317 is a lot higher than £300! 🙂

Sounds about right.

... and who is going to bid 10% over spot for them?

I suppose I should disclose an interest!

Chards

On 30/05/2021 at 22:40, Spark268 said:

I do not know of any dealers who would offer more than £300, even though they would go though the effort of itemising specific sovereigns at higher prices.

you could get a price close to that on the forum.

eBay can be good for specific items, but it comes with attendant risks.

You never heard of @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer?

Currently paying spot (£317).

Chards

On 30/05/2021 at 22:44, Richym99 said:

Talking to the owner of Bullionforless in Cardiff the other day, he revealed that he sells unspecified (ie lucky dip) sovs for about £345, but buys at 4% below spot. I suspect most will be similar.  

Why sell at 4% discount when you can get spot?

Chards

5 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Why sell at 4% discount when you can get spot?

That wasn't a suggestion to the OP Lawrence. Merely an ilustration of how much better selling on here would be for him.  

Of course, some companies may offer more generous terms. 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

I think these are possibly better photos. At least I'll know when I see them posted here against my previous attempt. 

Is this a reasonable quality of photo to sell on the forum's Buy, Sell and Trade section?

sov1a.thumb.JPG.339b00aa6cd25ebb52206f578f51c63b.JPG

Edited by BobnotTed

3 minutes ago, BobnotTed said:

I think these are possibly better photos. At least I'll know when I see them posted here against my previous attempt.sov1a.thumb.JPG.339b00aa6cd25ebb52206f578f51c63b.JPG

Is this a reasonable quality of photo to sell here on the forum's Buy, Sell and Trade section?

A lot better than some I have seen in the buy and sell section

22 hours ago, BobnotTed said:

I think these are possibly better photos. At least I'll know when I see them posted here against my previous attempt. 

Is this a reasonable quality of photo to sell on the forum's Buy, Sell and Trade section?

sov1a.thumb.JPG.339b00aa6cd25ebb52206f578f51c63b.JPG

I’d say they’re ok. If you can get clearer photos that would be better.

I’ve seen photos on here that look like someone’s put the coin on the floor then climbed a ladder to take the photo.

Yours are much better.

i think i pay mine on a bank card.
You don't have to be a premium member to sell on the forum. The main benefit in my opinion is you can see my Covid-19 thread and incidentally see all the for sale items as soon as they are posted.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.