• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Music legends

Cool..but the only ones worth buying is the 2oz,5oz gold..if they are going to offer those..going by the Queen,Elton and bowie...the only ones worth purchasing..that's depending on the mintages...the 1oz..not really a winner in gold and silver looking back at the other 3..

On 19/05/2021 at 20:17, CollectorNo1 said:

Hi

Heard the Royal Mint is soon going to release the next coin in the music legends......any guesses???? I think it might be "The Who"!!!!!

On 20/05/2021 at 06:26, CollectorNo1 said:

Wow!!! I was right 👍👍👍👍

Old news buddy. See the 29 April topic by h103efa “Next Music Legends - The Who” in the General Precious Metals section.

You can join in with everybody there.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

On 20/05/2021 at 22:38, CollectorNo1 said:

Cool..but the only ones worth buying is the 2oz,5oz gold..if they are going to offer those..going by the Queen,Elton and bowie...the only ones worth purchasing..that's depending on the mintages...the 1oz..not really a winner in gold and silver looking back at the other 3..

For those of us with a more modest budget, the 1/4 oz gold is the best bet. The previous editions seem to be doing well in that size, at least not depreciating as much as some of the silver proof ones... which seem to lose their initial secondary market value after a few months, except the PF70s.

I wonder what the quality of the silver coins will be too, whether getting a 70 will be the norm, or not. In coins like the Bond ones it wasn't a guarantee and 69 2ozzers are now sold for less than RM list price in cases.

The big golds (2oz, 5oz and above) are hands down the best buys, if you are lucky enough to snatch one in the frenzy. Good luck!

Interesting, it is 9.09am and I've just tried to access the Royal Mint's "The Who" page, and there is still a queue with 1540 people in front of me!  Looks as if this is a very popular issue.

On 20/05/2021 at 22:38, CollectorNo1 said:

No 2oz or 5oz gold on RM, CC had the 5oz but no 2oz's.........

13 minutes ago, FunkyChicken said:

And the 1 oz gold version is sold out now. And I'm not sure what to think of the prices of the quarter ounce gold and 1 oz silver versions, and whether those will hold their value...

I think the quarter is just to expensive for the mintage.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger