• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

During the 2010 / 2011 run to $49, there was a thread on the Kitco silver forum titled 'OMG, the Asians', which reflected the consistently large overnight / early morning gains (seen from Western eyes).

This is starting to feel similar.

12 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

During the 2010 / 2011 run to $49, there was a thread on the Kitco silver forum titled 'OMG, the Asians', which reflected the consistently large overnight / early morning gains (seen from Western eyes).

Silver is $32.25 in Shanghai already. Clear whose running the show. 

Aaaahhh😉

17 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Silver is $32.25 in Shanghai already. Clear whose running the show. 

They've realised that there is a large arbitrage to the LBMA and TAS off the Comex. Hoovering it up on the cheap to make decent profits selling into Asia.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Most of my silver physical was bought from Chards in 2020/2021 and I was paying about £540-£575/25oz tube. However, it needs to 10x for me to sell to pay any decent amount off the mortgage, but still well happy at the profit at the moment, but it wouldn't make a meaningful dent. Clearly didn't back the truck up!

Brits are currently auctioning for around £30 on ebay. So if I look at it that way, I'm slightly in profit, although after fees I would probably be just about back to square one. It needs to go up a bit for me yet to feel secure, but I'm pretty much of the same mindset that it needs to go to 10x before there is any real point to it.

33 minutes ago, Gruff said:

They've realised that there is a large arbitrage to the LBMA and TAS off the Comex. Hoovering it up on the cheap to make decent profits selling into Asia.

I need a holiday myself 

Aaaahhh😉

39 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I feel sorry for the Japanese. Currency going to sh!t.. property stagnant for 20 years , stocks basically the same, you try run to gold… 10% tax 😥

Aaaahhh😉

1 minute ago, Agaupl said:

I feel sorry for the Japanese. Currency going to sh!t.. property stagnant for 20 years , stocks basically the same, you try run to gold… 10% tax 😥

Don't give our buggers any ideas!

On 04/04/2024 at 08:21, theman73 said:

I hope you are right, silver deserves better, but the growth was to step in just a few days.

Let's see the price in two weeks.

Since my last comment on April 4, retail buyers, stackers, and investors have been holding back, waiting for the price to go down. 

The common mistake is that these buyers think they are in a trap and the price is going to fall, but the consenses of the market know that value will be created and the waiting buyers will get trapped. The value euphoria starts kicking in with these buyers as the price goes higher, and they will start buying, and this even makes prices higher. Buyers are all ready in a trap now. As stackers and investors, you can't stop; you're a part of the market. The market forces you, as a stacker, collector, or investor, to buy at these prices; mints will bring out new items, etc.; the market will go in to price range of what is made for the next few years.

I purchased stock gold and silver on April 4th, but my delivery has not even come and its up in%, so don't get trapped. All the common YouTube videos will come out, and they will say they will not buy at these high prices. Pro traders like myself are doing the opposite from day one. 

Ask yourself: What have you brought in the last two weeks? If nothing, what price will you buy at then? sky high, I hope that helps inside proprietary trading advice. 🤠

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

3 minutes ago, NextDayBullion said:

Since my last comment on April 4, retail buyers, stackers, and investors have been holding back, waiting for the price to go down. 

The common mistake is that these buyers think they are in a trap and the price is going to fall, but the consenses of the market know that value will be created and the waiting buyers will get trapped. The value euphoria starts kicking in with these buyers as the price goes higher, and they will start buying, and this even makes prices higher. Buyers are all ready in a trap now. As stackers and investors, you can't stop; you're a part of the market. The market forces you, as a stacker, collector, or investor, to buy at these prices; mints will bring out new items, etc.; the market will go in to price range of what is made for the next few years.

I purchased stock gold and silver on April 4th, but my delivery has not even come and its up in%, so don't get trapped. All the common YouTube videos will come out, and they will say they will not buy at these high prices. Pro traders like myself are doing the opposite from day one. 

Ask yourself: What have you brought in the last two weeks? If nothing, what price will you buy at then? sky high, I hope that helps inside proprietary trading advice. 🤠

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 10.21.36.jpg

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

3 minutes ago, NextDayBullion said:

Depends on your investment strategy tbf. What you're saying is correct for traders and long term holders doing cost average etc.

Some people prefer to buy the dip and sell the pump. For them, I can see why you wouldn't buy right now. Although who knows where the top is. 

Me personally I do all 3. 

46 minutes ago, NextDayBullion said:

I'm pretty sure the retail side is near zero, in my opinion everybody will wait to see if today price is the new price, than they will start buying again.

Maybe I'm paranoic but I still see a huge trap. 

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

2 hours ago, theman73 said:

I'm pretty sure the retail side is near zero, in my opinion everybody will wait to see if today price is the new price, than they will start buying again.

Maybe I'm paranoic but I still see a huge trap. 

I don't see any trap, West is being done over by the East and we have to follow the big boys, China, India etc, I don't think there is much silver left in the West to sell. Most mints will be back to 6 weeks waiting time for orders and ours will probably be nearer 6 years even before the real mania starts.

The tulips are our I see. Silver is better anyway!

Paper gold and silver sucks!

4 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

If that is the case then it means the  gains will be short-lived? Maybe goes up to £30+ and then crash back to £20 and stay price bound between £20-£21? (in the scenario where 2010/2011 repeats?
Is this what you mean?

3 minutes ago, Paw said:

If that is the case then it means the  gains will be short-lived? Maybe goes up to £30+ and then crash back to £20 and stay price bound between £20-£21? (in the scenario where 2010/2011 repeats?
Is this what you mean?

I mean only that this feels similar to how that run up felt. Waking up each morning to 1-2% rises.

I don't pretend to know what will happen this time. 🙂

As I already have a reasonable position, I can enjoy this leg up rather than trying to buy everything in sight through FOMO.

I started buying in August 2010, so it was a baptism of fire.

6 minutes ago, silversky said:

Silver up 4% so far today.  Not sure I've ever seen it like that before.

Well deserved but scary.

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

1 hour ago, Shinus73 said:

I mean only that this feels similar to how that run up felt. Waking up each morning to 1-2% rises.

I don't pretend to know what will happen this time. 🙂

As I already have a reasonable position, I can enjoy this leg up rather than trying to buy everything in sight through FOMO.

I started buying in August 2010, so it was a baptism of fire.

During the silver 2011 peak/spike up - it was buy buy buy silver because the next stop was £50+oz 100% everyone happy and positive

Bought it hook line and sinker myself and lived underwater on silver for years afterwards, and doubled down on silver when getting smacked down 

16 minutes ago, silversky said:

Silver up 4% so far today.  Not sure I've ever seen it like that before.

I saw 15% in one day. This is nothing; we are just starting. Cycle's repeat, and I love watching this happen. 

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

1 minute ago, TheAnimist said:

image.thumb.png.f24baf99a94a8a99dc75ae0325fe3349.png

They're paying more than spot???  How much  do us little stackers have left?  I sold a lot out of necessity, but I didn't imagine there is a shortage of it.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

4 hours ago, ccfcpaul said:

Depends on your investment strategy tbf. What you're saying is correct for traders and long term holders doing cost average etc.

Some people prefer to buy the dip and sell the pump. For them, I can see why you wouldn't buy right now. Although who knows where the top is. 

Me personally I do all 3. 

Good point, and that's great. You do all three with great talent. It works in this current market; the only thing that will not work in this market is if you sit on the sidelines.  👍

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk