• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My first trade - Shell / BP

I hope we get another pullback too but if we don't I have enough in oil now, more would be good though. There are other opportunities opening up in PM's though the miners have been very resilient so far because its a bull market. No doubt there will be opportunities elsewhere in 2021 which should be a good year for gold of all colours. 

1 hour ago, Kman said:

Latest H8 data - https://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h8/current/default.htm

They aren't loaning but they are buying 90 billion worth of bonds in 3 weeks

Biden will have to start spending as them Dems will be squealing for money wall and main Street

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

12 minutes ago, Derv said:

Bank helicopter money in three weeks then ?

Commercial banks are the ones that can create money and inflation through loose lending

They're going to force deflation/yields lower by not lending and then profit from it through the bonds they're buying and scooping up cheat assets

55 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Biden will have to start spending as them Dems will be squealing for money wall and main Street

Biden can spend money but not create it, that's the big problem

Ultimately Biden and the Fed are powerless because they can't force banks to lend, not domestically/commercially and not in the repo market; remember it was problems in the repo market that caused what happened in March

This is the best video I've found so far talking about how the repo market works, I would suggest everyone watch it 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

The guy is no seasoned analyst that's for sure. I'm with HT on this.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Oil has a misconception also. People think it's profit margin is from cars and petroleum. It's not. Oil is used mainly for plastics and pharmaceutical industry and that's where the profits lie.

25 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Oil has a misconception also. People think it's profit margin is from cars and petroleum. It's not. Oil is used mainly for plastics and pharmaceutical industry and that's where the profits lie.

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/use-of-oil.php#:~:text=We use petroleum products to,intermediate and end-user goods.

1. Transportation 68%
  2. Industrial 26%
  3. Residential 3%
  4. Commercial 2%
  5. Electric power < 1%

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

5 minutes ago, Kman said:

Your missing the point. Profit margins I work in the oil industry.

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Your missing the point. Profit margins I work in the oil industry.

You said "Oil is used mainly for plastics and pharmaceutical industry"  that isn't true as per the US government data 

Profit margins may be better but does a company like Shell or BP make more from the plastics and pharmaceutical industry than transport? you would need to show me a breakdown of profits because that doesn't seem right 

1 minute ago, HighlandTiger said:

Well this is a nice bonus on freetrade. They are giving 3% APR on cash holdings.

Seeing as I planned to hold a float of about £500 in cash, ready for any buying ops, this is a no brainer 

Screenshot_2020-12-01-18-17-12-646_com.android.browser.jpg

I hope that's also to current customers as I'm one and I upgraded last week as I will have to switch my shares into my ISA account

4 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Yes I just got the notification through now. Made 150 on swing trading on mag today alone. Really good that plus app as you can automate trades

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Basically, its being self funded for by the premium members. 3% of £4k is £120. Which is what you pay for premium membership in a year. So by having any cash in your account you are getting a discount on your membership. Great marketing ploy, that will cost bugger all.  

38 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Basically, its being self funded for by the premium members. 

Good move by them as the ISA account on 212 is free as are most of the trades. They needed an edge. 
I dont like the 100% free trading as it encourages silly behaviour (like all the tech stocks I bought the other day LOL). 
I am wondering what happens to your money if they are paying you 3%?? 

People laugh at Robin hood & muppets like me, but there will be a lot of savvy stock investors in 20 years time though, especially with the use of Ai. Thats if there is a stock market and its not just a relic. 

My portfolio: 
Im in a whopping £139 in profit overall. almost enough for a badly scratched 1/10th gold coin!! 😛
Almost in a position to sell Psizer, so combined with WTI (£75 PROFIT) I only have the following stocks now. 
That will free up a grand to sit on the sidelines along with at least 10k to buy bitcoin if that tanks!

Greatland: 50% profit
Mag: -2.75% and rising fast
Van Eck Juniors -4% (Bought too early)
Wisomtree physical -4% (again bought too early)
Royal gold -14%!! only £80 invested though. 

I have taken a bit of a trial and error approach to this but I know where I stand now & I have not lost a penny. 

stocks.png

Edited by Stacktastic

Is the Pfizer vaccine news going to mean it shoots up in price, or is it partially priced in? I have put a small buy order in, waiting for market to open :)

Will this have a big impact across wider stocks? Just UK stocks? 

35 minutes ago, HGr said:

Is the Pfizer vaccine news going to mean it shoots up in price, or is it partially priced in? I have put a small buy order in, waiting for market to open :)

Will this have a big impact across wider stocks? Just UK stocks? 

Pfizer has been rising since opening yesterday. I think it'll still go higher

14 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

I dont like the 100% free trading as it encourages silly behaviour (like all the tech stocks I bought the other day LOL). 

This is what put me off somewhat with 212. Before I join anything, I like to know how safe that company is and how its model makes its money. If it doesn't make money, it either eventually has to change its model and its terms or doesn't survive. (I've seen it happen with other companies like Property Partner changing its model or Savingstream going down the plug hole). I can't see how making money solely on the spread or transaction charges will sustain a company indefinitely, whilst still keeping up with advancements in modern technology..

On a side note, If I had all these online investment vehicles that are around today, when I was 20, I would have retired as a multi millionaire by now. In my 20's, share ownership was impossible for the average man, (it took Sid to get the public to even consider share ownership, and if you did you only had shares in a company or two), and finding anywhere to buy PM's local to you, was almost impossible. In fact to even find out the latest gold and silver prices, you had to find the little price box in the money page of your daily paper. All you had was a savings account paying a few percent in order to boost your savings. No-one with even half a brain has any excuse today for not making themselves rich.  

33 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Pfizer has been rising since opening yesterday. I think it'll still go higher

212 is a good platform - cant fault it really. It earns money from CFD trading and it does well off it too.
This is the main reason I choose 212 over Freetrade. 
Freetrade was only really making money from selling the data to investment firms I think, which to me is a risk if I have parked money. 
Also the free ISA was a real benefit not to mention better selection of stocks at the time. 

Im leaving Psizer for now and watching it as I could make a few quid profit over the next week or so, need to look at the news.
I am not a fan of pharmaceutical companies mafias (not to mention rushed vaccines) so i would rather sell it and forget it tbh. 

Im getting there, ;) at least my account is now £300 in the green Yay. When MAG catches up it should do very well as I have a couple of grand in on that. 

Edited by Stacktastic

12 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

212 is a good platform - cant fault it really. It earns money from CFD trading and it does well off it too.
This is the main reason I choose 212 over Freetrade. 
Freetrade was only really making money from selling the data to investment firms I think, which to me is a risk if I have parked money. 
Also the free ISA was a real benefit not to mention better selection of stocks at the time. 

Im leaving Psizer for now and watching it as I could make a few quid profit over the next week or so, need to look at the news.
I am not a fan of pharmaceutical companies mafias (not to mention rushed vaccines) so i would rather sell it and forget it tbh. 

Im getting there, ;) at least my account is now £300 in the green Yay. When MAG catches up it should do very well as I have a couple of grand in on that. 

When you know that around 70-80% of CFD accounts lose money, it takes an incredible pyramid scheme in order to keep the income stream up, ie, you need new sign ups continually. But they will eventually trickle to a stop, and then you have a problem. These are the things in the back of my mind. 

Things are NEVER free. Someone, somewhere has to pay for it. 😏

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use