• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My first trade - Shell / BP

3 minutes ago, HGr said:

Do you have any platinum miner reccomedations? 

Sylvania - on a pul back though. 

Tats a long term one if you can get it at a good price. 

I can see platinum acting a bit like palladium in some respects - I am in love with my 1oz platinum Brit. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Latest h8 data - https://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h8/current/default.htm

From the data in October to end of November they increased treasuries by 136 billion

Meanwhile their commercial/industrial loans fell by 60 billion

Credit card loans were 839 billion in 2019 now 754 billion

The stock market still betting on economic recovery whilst banks aren't going to provide the money to do it and are busy buying treasuries instead 

I know I know stimulus but the government gives existing currency to companies in trouble, banks create currency to those they think are safe to pay it back

Steven Van Metre said something very interesting in his last video, an insolvency crisis will actually free up currency because it will stop money being funnelled into zombie companies to feed their debt, let them die (as long as they aren't vital like airlines), it has to happen in a heathy economy

It will be worse for unemployment in the short term but healthy/profitable companies should grow in the spaces left 

Like a controlled burn without maybe so much of the control

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

38 minutes ago, HGr said:

Kazatomprom, Yellow Cake, NexGen and UEC are all on 212 (and in my watch list). 

Do you have any platinum miner reccomedations? 

Jubilee metals were on my watchlist at 2p a share now they've rocketed to 10p a share. If they dip I'm going to punt. Eurasia has been recommended to me before also now at 40p

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

37 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Sylvania - on a pul back though. 

Tats a long term one if you can get it at a good price. 

I can see platinum acting a bit like palladium in some respects - I am in love with my 1oz platinum Brit. 

If you listen to that podcast I shared Rick rule is bullish on platinum

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 minutes ago, Kman said:

Why?

Rick rule believes that platinum was suppressed due to the Volkswagen scandal that platinum was used in helping stop emissions and it gave the metal a bad name. He believes that view has changed and there is more thirst for it now due to the industrial market usage and the green energy sector.  That said he did mention it's not without risks because a majority of its production is either in Africa or Russia which is subject to government and policital disruption. 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

5 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Rick rule believes that platinum was suppressed due to the Volkswagen scandal that platinum was used in helping stop emissions and it gave the metal a bad name. He believes that view has changed and there is more thirst for it now due to the industrial market usage and the green energy sector.  That said he did mention it's not without risks because a majority of its production is either in Africa or Russia which is subject to government and policital disruption. 

Thanks you saved me listening :D 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 minute ago, Kman said:

Thanks you saved me listening :D 

Rick rule I listen to regular. He knows his stuff. His biggest portfolio holding is MAG which I'm absolutely balls deep in - Rick I trust. He's made a lot of money in the commodities market and very well respected by people like Eric sprott the king of silver.

I bought Sylvania Platinum as one of my initial purchases when I got the free trade app. I knew this would be a slow burner until electric cars are being churned out in the millions. I'm currently sitting just under 0.5% up for the month or so I've had them, which is fine for me as I'm only aiming to beat 8% per annum on my investments.  

Oil inventories in the US up to 15 million barrels, I don't know how that's even happened with the reduced production, demand must be very weak

https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/eia-crude-oil-inventories-75

oilinventories.png.583ee7cf70e7e426bcf5cb42fcb10370.png

Edited by Kman

Yes I saw that this morning, market didn't really react to it, looks like greater imports of crude into US and less exports out, I wonder how it fits in globally. Q4 is always slow but that forecast was shockingly wrong wasn't it, predicted -1.4 mil and got +15 mil :lol: the weatherman makes better predictions. 

Why didn't the market react, seems odd. Maybe it needs to think about it. 

Also related to topic, the 'clean energy' top brass are leaving Shell in droves, a spat over not going green fast enough apparently. This is great news as it signals Shell intends to focus on the oil and gas business, that is where the profits are, excellent stuff. With the US numbers maybe the market will give us some cheap Shell shares as a nice Christmas present. :D

54 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

I know this is titled shell bp but its a thread about stocks. this sums up what I have learnt this year. 

BP are under lawsuit at the moment from the bank of China and the OPEC forecast has been cut hence the slide in price today

• 3 weeks later...

Oil is up strongly today, maybe because of Saudi choosing to reduce production - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-04/oil-extends-losses-after-opec-talks-suspended-without-decision

Sometimes I think we're just trying to pin news to certain happenings in the market to make sense when really it's bigger stuff happening internally, who knows, but assuming it is the Saudi oil cuts..

1. Saudi cut oil production because they don't like what they see in demand
  2. Causing price of oil to rise
  3. Causing people to rush into oil stocks

They aren't cutting production because it's a great time to be in oil yet the end result is people jumping into oil stocks like this is a great time to be in oil

I guess the end result wrongly or rightly is it's a great time to be in oil stocks, even though it's not, but it is so it is

Edited by Kman

13 minutes ago, goluckystayhappy said:

I took an punt on oilers within an ISA a couple of months ago and they have behaved like a little AIM stock. (In a good way)

bp.JPG

rdsb.JPG

Excellent timing on those buys, dam near the bottom. I made purchases in both then but my average is higher.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it might be time to resurrect this thread chaps. 

Now Biden is in, Green new deal & facking banning, plus further lockdowns, might mean cheap oil prices again. 
It has taken a very sharp pull back across the board this morning after a fabulous rally, let's see how this pans out over the next few months. 

With predictions of $90-100 oil some serious money can be made, but more importantly I can get a position in BP and Shell again as a long term investment. 

I dont see it going back to the lows whatsoever, but a better price than its at at the moment - maybe $30 a barrel? 
I think some serious money can be made, especially if retail investors get scared out of it or shift thier attention to green. 

One company i shall be re-investigating is Energy transfer. its a REIT and pays a fabulous dividend. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Supply has already been decimated. Biden is doing investors another huge favour with the fracking ban. I had hoped the oil price remaining low would take care of that for us but if government can do it then that's great too. 

Fracking ban = lower supply coming online throughout the cycle, at least from a US perspective. If all else is equal on the demand side, that means higher prices. 

The UK looks like it might go the opposite direction with fracking, I understand that Caudrilla are seeking license to frack for gas in Lancashire again. We will need that gas when the wind isn't blowing. 

39 minutes ago, KDave said:

Supply has already been decimated. Biden is doing investors another huge favour with the fracking ban. I had hoped the oil price remaining low would take care of that for us but if government can do it then that's great too. 

Fracking ban = lower supply coming online throughout the cycle, at least from a US perspective. If all else is equal on the demand side, that means higher prices. 

The UK looks like it might go the opposite direction with fracking, I understand that Caudrilla are seeking license to frack for gas in Lancashire again. We will need that gas when the wind isn't blowing. 

Yeah. Hopefully it will slump nicely for an entry point as I dont think he will be going full steam ahead with banning fracking & stuff until next year. He is going to have to lock down a very scared or angry (or both) continent soon I think - & feed the sheep with dollars to pacify them ;) . Opec meeting more often could also present opportunities on sell offs. 

Vaccine rollout I think is a key momentum - Oil should shoot up as people go back to work and start travelling by air as a lot more people will be buying cars instead of travelling on trains etc. Also its about time for another war & if im not wrong they might be trying to instigate one with themselves. Idiots. ;)

Interesting about fracking in the UK, I cant see that being adopted on mass LOL. 

Energy should do well in the event of market collapse, wars, inflation or what ever else thats cooked up. Plus like metals its linked strongly to spot prices & its very sensitive to world stuff/supply/demand so present great buy in periods. I have copper & silver now for renewables - thats done, I want oil exposure (BP/shell/WTI/BRENT), natural gas (energy transfer) & uranium (cameco) over the next 2 years. 

Where else would you look for gas investments?? Only just starting my journey really, but i have time on my side, im watching and waiting, might take a few months to hit bottom if it does!!. If I have missed anything obvious let me know. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use