• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin Cabinet Auction May

1 minute ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Oh man... I feel for you there. Hopefully you got them for a good price at least! I've done the same in the past...  put in a bid for an item I mistakenly didn't want but got lucky and was outbid.

Yes, I was hoping it would be outbid, no luck. It was £1750 for the 5 so, I'll cope and learn next time. At least there's no premium.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Xander said:

Yes, I was hoping it would be outbid, no luck. It was £1750 for the 5 so, I'll cope and learn next time. At least there's no premium.

That's not too bad then, at least you should get an opportunity in the not to distant future to sell them on at a small profit if you so wish. 

Just now, Martysmith said:

That's not too bad then, at least you should get an opportunity in the not to distant future to sell them on at a small profit if you so wish. 

Sounds good, is gold going up again😉💸

10 minutes ago, Xander said:

Sounds good, is gold going up again😉💸

Towards the end of the month I can see it starting to gain a bit of momentum onto the end of the year. The beginning of next week make make you sweat a little bit though - I see a bit of a pull back coming. 

1 hour ago, Xander said:

Ahh...  you must have bid on the first batch of sovs after the last of the young head Victoria sov batches

A bit unlucky there but not too bad

I can"t see you losing any money there 

2 minutes ago, stackspot said:

Ahh...  you must have bid on the first batch of sovs after the last of the young head Victoria sov batches

A bit unlucky there but not too bad

I can"t see you losing any money there 

I know, I bought 20 G/D Y/Heads last auction and wanted to add to them. The date runs were nice. I was trying to bid "live" and it didn't work so I missed out. They sent me a message just now saying the connection failed.😠

24 minutes ago, Xander said:

I know, I bought 20 G/D Y/Heads last auction and wanted to add to them. The date runs were nice. I was trying to bid "live" and it didn't work so I missed out. They sent me a message just now saying the connection failed.😠

🤔 Hmm.. The connection failed, so were they sold ?

If so how would they know connection failed ?

Just asking

1 minute ago, stackspot said:

🤔 Hmm.. The connection failed, so were they sold ?

If so how would they know connection failed ?

Just asking

The" live bid " where you click and it takes you to away from the main viewing part of the auction to bid live, I clicked back into the main part of the auction where you can view all the coins. I was to quick to bid before noticing it was the E/VII Sovs They sent me message after the auction finished, I bid on 3 different Y/H lots in a row before realising something was not right.

I take it they knew because I bid, then they could do nothing about it.

This is the message I received.

Connection Failed. Please refresh your browser and check your internet settings.

13 hours ago, Xander said:

For future reference CC offer Edward Sovs via their website at £341.05. 

https://thecoincabinet.co.uk/mixed-dates-gold-sovereign-edwards-only/

They also have shields for £373.53:

https://thecoincabinet.co.uk/mixed-dates-gold-sovereign-shield/

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

For future reference CC offer Edward Sovs via their website at £341.05. 

https://thecoincabinet.co.uk/mixed-dates-gold-sovereign-edwards-only/

They also have shields for £373.53:

https://thecoincabinet.co.uk/mixed-dates-gold-sovereign-shield/

Well that's new, they used to have a wide range of graded.  Don't think they'll last long at those prices once this forum wakes up. 

Just now, Martlet said:

Well that's new, they used to have a wide range of graded.  Don't think they'll last long at those prices once this forum wakes up. 

They’ve been there for a while. I guess our little community has been sleeping!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Me too. Very happy. Prices seem to be settling a wee bit. The action on the Benjamin Britten Coin was intense!!! 

It was pretty crazy! 

Yeah this time the overall standard of coin was higher but prices similar to last auction. 

Archived