• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Fed has just cut interest rates to zero and has announced USD700 Billion QE

dicker

Just now, dicker said:

Not looking good at all....this was the nuclear option and the market doesn’t like it...

Yeah it blew the markets up.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to say...there will still be an opportunity to buy stock and make a lot of money during the Corona crisis...but it’s not yet.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

10 minutes ago, dicker said:

Not looking good at all....this was the nuclear option and the market doesn’t like it...

Agreed- the US strategy is as much use as tits on a duck...

...and I expected nothing more than this listening to that idiot Trump on Saturday: ‘I’m disappointed with the treasury, they could have done more’.

Gold will rise then have a pullback (after all this cvirus nonsense)...... After that pullback the price will rocket right through levels. Silver will be the biggest/sudden pop - like a nuclear bomb imo.

I'm buying up more metals at the pullback. 

15 minutes ago, dicker said:

Indeed. Ultimately, what is economic output? It is the production of goods and services, and the consumption of those goods and services. No amount of funny money will fix the shock from Covid-19.

2 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

"Stock futures plummet — hit ‘limit down’ — even as Fed slashes rates; Dow futures off 1,000 points"

Yep.  Confidence has evaporated.  It happened a few weeks ago.  The only tools the Fed has are 1. interest rates, 2. QE.  They did 1, nothing happened for more than 15 mins.  They've now done both to max (before going negative) and same thing has happened.  They're out of ammo.  Stock market gonna crash bigly and deep recession is here.  Buckle up !

1 minute ago, goldking said:

Yep.  Confidence has evaporated.  It happened a few weeks ago.  The only tools the Fed has are 1. interest rates, 2. QE.  They did 1, nothing happened for more than 15 mins.  They've now done both to max (before going negative) and same thing has happened.  They're out of ammo.  Stock market gonna crash bigly and deep recession is here.  Buckle up !

They have been pumping billions in for months. Depression is coming not recession.

4 minutes ago, dicker said:

I will buy stock when I think all looks lost.  

Catching a falling knife is hard to judge. Agree on the fortunes to be made aspect. 

The 5% down halts the market - i bet Trump didn't expect this.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

10 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The 5% down halts the market - i bet Trump didn't expect this.

Indeed. The fact that the Fed has thrown the kitchen sink at this (and couldn't wait till their next meeting in three days) shows they are panicked. Markets will react accordingly.

I expect shares to go sharply down, probably gold and bonds for a bit while people sell stuff for margin calls. Though I expect they will shoot up after.

I withdrew a couple of K in cash from my bank yesterday as I expect there to be some considerable fallout due to COVID. And as of now, I'll be withdrawing the majority of my money each week/month and only keeping enough banked for normal monthly bills that can only be paid by direct debits such as car insurance/road tax, as my cold hard cash will be stored at home where I consider it far more safer.

I don't understand why key stocks are getting hammered.
If you are a producer of goods or infrastructure, pharmaceuticals etc your business continues.
Indeed certain products are fleeing off the shelves.
If a stock value is based on price / earnings then maybe it ought to go up a bit and certainly not south so maybe there is money to be made here.

As for gold, if it continues to rise then maybe it will be overvalued and could crash once things settle down a bit.
There are many times more deaths due to seasonal flu than CV-19 so are we all panicked by media and over reacting ?

As far as I know West End London theatres are all remaining open whilst the headlines suggest people aged 70 + will be asked to remain at home until the end of July.
Spot the opposing advice !
Policing that will be interesting - stiff upper lip and all that !

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you are a producer of goods or infrastructure, pharmaceuticals etc your business continues.
Indeed certain products are fleeing off the shelves.

how do you expect to buy good stocks at a discount if

they don't get sold off with the bad stocks?

trading chains are global, until the accounts come out

nobody knows who is affected and by how much.

HH

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pricing on value went out the window some time ago - it is illogical but these market are.

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

As for gold, if it continues to rise then maybe it will be overvalued and could crash once things settle down a bit.

The central banks have been hosing currency into their Ponzi scheme - they have signaled they will stepping up massively. The USD will be gutted. The Treasury market is broken. i heard this week an order to sell $10 million in US bonds was placed with a trading desk and told it would take all day to work that order. This is so serious it boggles the mind - well my mind at least. No-one wants US bonds - The USD-Treasury bond complex is imploding. Physical gold is gold. This is the dollar in its death throws. 

This is the reason the markets are collapsing not some dumb ass coronavirus. This would have happened soon enough whatever but they need something to blame. 

6 hours ago, dicker said:

Still not convinced there will not be “Helicopter Money”

ITS HERE @dicker !!!

The US has cut interest rates to almost zero and launched a $700bn stimulus programme in a bid to protect the economy from the effect of coronavirus.

It is part of a co-ordinated action announced on Sunday in the UK, Japan, eurozone, Canada, and Switzerland.

Archived