• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Queen (band) Coin - 9am

1 minute ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Not sure , But I hope my one ounce is a Miss Aligned Version and has been sent back Coinsters !!!!

I wonder if Royal Mint cares to look if they are misaligned or not.. probably not. I'm still waiting for my order from them, so hopefully I get one too.

14 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Hmm...  you got me thinking with that. I was sure some had been cancelled that were inside the three limit but perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me. Problem is I've read so many Royal Mint complaints in the last couple of years that they kind of blend together. I'm sure I've read about people unexpectedly having orders cancelled but if it wasn't the snowman coin I'm not sure what it was. Hopefully someone who has experienced that sees this and posts.

I didn't hear of any on the Snowman, just multiple orders of 3s to the same household/payee/account being cancelled (so maybe that was new to a lot of folk), and the usual over-subscribed orders as the broken inventory algorithm catches up and finds and cancels orders that shouldn't have been accepted.

I'd also be very interested indeed if anyone's noticed such a limited coin without an explicit household limit, or a coin where they seem to have retrospectively applied one before.

One thing's for sure from now on imo unfortunately. If you want to guarantee at least one coin in future you will need access to more than one account at a different address, because you may not know if it's limited to one per household until the sale goes live! If this was a mistaken overlooked listing error you'd hope they wouldn't repeat it in future but..!

6 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I didn't hear of any on the Snowman, just multiple orders of 3s to the same household/payee/account being cancelled (so maybe that was new to a lot of folk), and the usual over-subscribed orders as the broken inventory algorithm catches up and finds and cancels orders that shouldn't have been accepted.

I'd also be very interested indeed if anyone's noticed such a limited coin without an explicit household limit, or a coin where they seem to have retrospectively applied one before.

One thing's for sure from now on imo unfortunately. If you want to guarantee at least one coin in future you will need access to more than one account at a different address, because you may not know if it's limited to one per household until the sale goes live! If this was a mistaken overlooked listing error you'd hope they wouldn't repeat it in future but..!

Yeah that there was no stated limit on a coin where they were only making 500 was odd. It was the first thing I looked for before I placed my order because I expected to see it there.

Whats also odd is that not all orders are being treated equally. It seems like they are cancelling multiple orders made for the same address but as yet I've not seen successful orders for multiple quantities bumped down to one. I do expect these will follow suit just find it odd that it hasn't been reflected yet in the accounts I know of including my own.

1 minute ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Could be classed as an Error Coin ??

I have yet to see a perfect one except the one in the pic from royal mint. I must of looked at 100 on the bay and I can not find one

Perfect example

Pickups under strings on guitar left side, gold doesnt cover silver throws the top piano keys out of line.

Interestingly the left side and top of coin seem to be misaligned but the right side of coin does not.

Edited by Becca

3 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

MMMmmmmmm, In that case Coinsters I think I will sell some of my Queen Coins as a Three Coin Set ? The Half Ounce, One Ounce and Two Ounce Silver Proof Queen Coin Set.

What do you think Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youll probably have no trouble find a buyer for each, putting all your eggs in one basket ups your risk of a paypal chargeback, spread your risk across three sales, one goes sour you have the sales from the other two

I know people who (edit- say they) have good examples of the 1oz in hand, it seems the ebay flippers are rushing to maximise profit by selling the 'errors'. Yes it does seem the 'error' is a lot more common though than one would hope :( <edit> hmmm, catching up with posts it looks like there's a lot of places the gilding can and has gone wrong, blimey.

The 1oz is the only one with the gilding, I think having looked long and hard this makes it a far nicer coin, but we will see. 7500 is still a very small mintage imo so if Queen fans more than general collectors 'set' the price perhaps this will still be the one that does the best (?) They all have their selling points - 1/2oz special presentation, 1oz gilding, 2oz tiny mintage. I'm just hoping that @h103efa is wrong and there aren't more on the way, but what are the chances now lol!

42 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

It seems like they are cancelling multiple orders made for the same address but as yet I've not seen successful orders for multiple quantities bumped down to one. I do expect these will follow suit just find it odd that it hasn't been reflected yet in the accounts I know of including my own.

There were a couple of folk on page 6, I'm sure there will be more than have posted here. I do hope that no-one else here is affected, good luck! :)

@Seth very interesting insight, a good read, though sad to hear all of the troubles between bands and various members. I agree on The Who and you are likely right for Led Zepp but I otherwise think/hope you might be quite nicely surprised on one or two others!

Edited by kimchi

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

2 oz tho ye

They are ploughing through the 1oz sales and the prices are dropping