• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Who’s collecting Kookaburra's...?

TheBeast

There are a few great Kook threads on here - worth a search for some good reads/pics! On one of the more recent ones iirc one member (sorry, forget who) said he'd buy one to see what he thought, immediately fell in love, and started buying up other years asap!

I'm a huge fan myself, the boxed P20 (20th anniversary set) is the pride of my collection :D There are very few coins I have stuck with collecting since I started about three years ago, but the Kooks are top of the list for me :)

I wasn't sure about the privies at first but when I got my first year or two (panda for the Chinese Expo, 2016 and 2017, not sure which I bought first) I fell in love with those too, much to my surprise. The panda privy should be totally incongruous in theory, and that was how I felt about it until I had it in hand, but I think they're superb (at least the years I have). The quality on them is very slightly even better than the 'regulars' imo. And Chinese Expo privy is, what, 8000 or so on top of a recent mintage of half a million? Doesn't seem too gratuitous to me!

The lunars are interesting too, I like them and always would pick up different years at the right price, however they're very often seen (at least by me - if anyone has spares at a reasonable price please let me know!).

With Kooks I think there's more than enough to be collecting with the standard year issues if going for the full set. Even though I have the P20 I really would like a date run of original coins. One day, maybe!

2 hours ago, BSquared said:

I appreciate all the great information you guys have been offering.  I believe I've snagged all th 1oz. privy marked Kooks and Koala's except two, if my information is correct.  Missing a 2012 Koala (Berlin Bear) and that Kookaburra F15 thingy.  What exactly is it, a Privy Mark or special packaging, etc.  I can find no details etc.

I think I know a man who knows all about F15 Privy coins, he might also tell me where he has got this years from with a bit of luck @Alun

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

The lunars are interesting too, I like them and always would pick up different years at the right price, however they're very often seen (at least by me - if anyone has spares at a reasonable price please let me know!)

Which series were you looking for, bu or proofs?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

18 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

I think I know a man who knows all about F15 Privy coins, he might also tell me where he has got this years from with a bit of luck @Alun

I've still yet to pick up a 2019 F15, prices are still a little high so am waiting a while as they will come down, just have to wait for people to break the sets.

Always more difficult as a 10k mintage,  I do agree there have been an awful lot of privys with the kooks, but that's why I collect, to get them all , got plenty of Generic stuff and weight to off set my premium collections, but you cant beat adding to sets and searching out the more difficult coins to find. It's what it's all about 😁

20180914_121920.jpg

Cool forum!

I collect Kookaburra's, I have the 1 oz from 1990 to 2005.

As of 2005 I collect the 10 oz; I have them till 2020, only 2006, 2007 and 2009 are missing. Working on that.

Now as of 2020 I think I will start to collect the 1 kg coins, although not sure yet. 

I also would like to collect the 2 oz coins 1992-2009.

The coins with the pivy marks I am not interested in, somehow I do not like that.

I believe the kookaburra is the coolest bullion silver coin!

My favourite is 2008, followed by 2007 amd 2017.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone happen to know, if we can expect any privy marks for the 2022 “Kook”? I particularly like this years design, and although I haven’t yet branched out into the whole privy sphere yet (still building my collection of standard coins), I think if there was going to be privy marks for the 2022 “Kook”, I would certainly look at collecting them.