• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Who’s collecting Kookaburra's...?

TheBeast

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

Well I found this - I thought it was longer though.
https://thesilverforum.com/topic/5086-what-are-your-favourite-3-kookaburra-designs/?tab=comments#comment-70454

What are your favourite 3 kookaburra designs

By motorbikez, February 7, 2016 in Silver

Lol just had a look at that thread & 2001 proof was my favourite design then.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

4 hours ago, motorbikez said:

This is my current favourite.

P1010669.JPG

Nice one! I also watched your YouTube ( a few times ) vid about the 10oz proofs. I found and bought a 3 coin 2000 set on Ebay. it has to come from Australia so have to wait 2-3 weeks. 

You're not the only one with the Kook fever. I want to get them all now.

Here are my favorites:

2019- The kook looks so detailed, dignified and happy. I think the rest of the coin is really cool in its own right with the setting sun, ripply water, tree stump and grass. They're great details but they don't take your focus off the Kook.

2011-  This is a really unique design in the series. Love the detail and for me there is something magnetic about the Kook's expression in this one.

2013- Almost like a hippie version of the coin. Love the flowers and mini Kooks.

2016- I think this one is a classic. I'd really like to find a reasonably priced 10 oz version of this one. Love the barb wire and the Kook is really well done.

2000- I like this one a lot. Perhaps it's the simplicity of it.

I collect the Kooks and have a couple of complete sets all nicely boxed.
Also got a few 2 ounce coins which are nice in the hand and a couple of proofs.
All in all one of the nicest sets to collect.

6 hours ago, motorbikez said:

The Beast 826 euros is my guess, its a lovely coin but has been taken out of a 5 coin set.

The coin was sold for “just” €760, i already bought the 3 coin 2000 set, so my pockets were empty. 

Maybe one day i buy that 5 coin set.... 😏