• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

9 minutes ago, Kman said:

£31.76 - £988.06

1oz gold coins currently over £1000 at dealers.. dang

Will we get to £1000 per oz spot today? 

I would be very, very surprised if we don't hit £1010/oz at some point today.  BoJo's statement about his Brexit-vision will do little to settle people's nerves - calling for the UK to basically remain in the EEA will not sit well with Leavers and damage his leadership chances.

The Corbyn affair continues to add to uncertainty in the UK.

I beleieve the Chancellor is set to make a statement Monday morning - this may be too little, too late; he must be expecting to resign soon... If he goes tomorrow, the markets will go loopy.  Hopefully it's just a statement of reassurance that calms the stock market.

Pound to fall against the dollar.  Gold to rise in GBP for the next 12 hours.

1 minute ago, Clens92 said:

I would be very, very surprised if we don't hit £1010/oz at some point today.  BoJo's statement about his Brexit-vision will do little to settle people's nerves - calling for the UK to basically remain in the EEA will not sit well with Leavers and damage his leadership chances.

The Corbyn affair continues to add to uncertainty in the UK.

I beleieve the Chancellor is set to make a statement Monday morning - this may be too little, too late; he must be expecting to resign soon... If he goes tomorrow, the markets will go loopy.  Hopefully it's just a statement of reassurance that calms the stock market.

Pound to fall against the dollar.  Gold to rise in GBP for the next 12 hours.

Unless Osborne says him and the Bank of England are going to throw in a ton of money?

If it goes crazy tomorrow I may just trade my gold queens beasts coins lol

13 minutes ago, rebnah said:

Unless Osborne says him and the Bank of England are going to throw in a ton of money?

I susect that there will have already been some high-level support of Sterling.  Whether he will announce it or not is another matter, as that might be seen as a sign of panic - that the Bank is fighting to keep the exchange rate stable.  Far better to let the 'plebs' believe that the markets are accepting it without too much drama.

I think he'll try to focus on Tata Steel - a good news story, to distract from the big market shifts.

As an aside... Hatton Garden Metals have just sold out of all their 3% premium gold...

10 hours ago, rebnah said:

They haven't got enough money to make a real difference, it's all PR.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

18 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

Where next? 

£7,777 per oz is my hope, but wont hold my breath, the magic number 7  :)  

What my logical head says is I'm really not sure at the moment.  

I cant expect the powers that be letting it going up and up without some financial 'whack-a-mole' down to the price to remind folk who is driving the bus

It going to be turbulent times ahead.

For some reason I have a strange feeling another referendum may be announced from one or two other member states, which could only be positive for gold

Everyone on here should be ok, people should of been prepared no matter which way the vote went.  

Gold goes up because the £ has gone down and risk has gone up.  

I am holding my physical until the over the top,  I think I may batten down the hatches for a few weeks and monitor, we may even get a run on the £ yet.  

Word of warning ahead of time, The Chilcot Report into the Iraq war is due to be released on July 6th, just 9 days away.  

This could affect markets/gold/UK government/EU/USA as to what it may hold

Who knows what that holds or reveals, but could certainly cause some more gitters for a lot of vested interests

• Labour party downfall, Corbyn resigns as a result of it ???
  • Exposes Blair, sends him to the Hague for war crimes ??  
  • Show up USA dodgyness for petro-profit?

Of course, it is my hope it will be totally impartial and true 

Or if they want to brush it all under the rug and down play it, expect this EU referendum dog and pony show to take up every inch of media space as it is confined to the vault of history.  I somehow dont think this will be the head line

Iraq.jpg

On 27/06/2016 at 10:48, Paul said:

For some reason I have a strange feeling another referendum may be announced from one or two other member states, which could only be positive for gold

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3664626/Backlash-against-EU-spreads-political-parties-continent-call-34-separate-referendums.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/28/brexit-contagion-uk-vote-raises-fears-of-a-tsunami-of-eu-members/

Britain 'got the first shot in' by voting to leave the EU, French far-right leader Marine Le Pen has said amid calls for 34 separate EU referendums across Europe. 

As I feared a few days back, this may spread contagion & start self-destruction of the EU grand experiment ?

If the collapse of the euro currency happens remember this is the very reason to the reason why you are buying gold, 'SHTF - collapse-insurance'.  

It is not just looking to take the fiat paper profits

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3664626/Backlash-against-EU-spreads-political-parties-continent-call-34-separate-referendums.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/28/brexit-contagion-uk-vote-raises-fears-of-a-tsunami-of-eu-members/

Britain 'got the first shot in' by voting to leave the EU, French far-right leader Marine Le Pen has said amid calls for 34 separate EU referendums across Europe. 

As I feared a few days back, this may spread contagion & start self-destruction of the EU grand experiment ?

If the collapse of the euro currency happens remember this is the very reason to the reason why you are buying gold, 'SHTF - collapse-insurance'.  

It is not just looking to take the fiat paper profits

Which apart from tinkering around the edges of my stack, it's the reason I'm still buying now and not selling

Up, up up !! again today 

up-arrow.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/diyinvesting/article-3674045/Standard-Life-Aviva-commercial-property-funds-suspend-trading-does-mean.html

Standard Life yesterday and now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3674391/2-9billion-property-fund-freezes-investors-cash-crash-fears-Standard-Life-comes-fears-grow-sharp-fall-property-prices.html

Aviva today - suspend the ability to withdraw from their real estate investment trusts

ANOTHER few holes appear in the dam wall. What is this building up to in September, the traditional month for all monumental collapses??

Black Wednesday    Sept 1992  The Conservative government was forced to withdraw the pound sterling from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM) after they were unable to keep sterling above its agreed lower limit. ? 9/11 - another false flag terrorist attack to divert the great unwashed from financial shenanigans and take us to another war? lehman brother collapse sept 2008 ? 1929 USA wall street collapse ?

Yazz - "The only way is Up!, Baby, For you and Me ! The only way is Up !!" Keep your gold and strap in tight, its going to be a bumpy ride