• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Whilst today is the first time I have ever been positive on my gold - I am holding it tighter than ever.  There are going to be stormy waters ahead for ship UK.  I voted for the first time in years yesterday for OUT 

Don't expect the power-mongers up top of the food chain just let little UK go about their own way now the great unwashed have rejected their media propaganda.

Expect sheer punishments,  financial, economic in coming years now

Expect the replacement to Camer-moron to be a bumbling useful yes man idiot like Gordon Brown was after B.Liar left office.  Like Bulliondon club Toff-Boy Etonian Boris Johnson

Who will feck things up and make things x10 worse than things were before.

The stay in vote wins yesterday = BUSINESS AS USUAL Pass Go, Collect 250 euros showing up money

Vote OUT wins yesterday = We have the useful idiot n place already, hes one of us, been through the same establishment indoctrination centres of the Elite, he is happy to be a sacrificial lamb, if they dont vote the way we want them to.

"Problem - Reaction - Solution" aka The Hegelian Dialectic

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel was a 19th century German philosopher who devised a particular dialectic, or, method of argument for resolving disagreements.

His method of arriving at the truth by the exchange of logical arguments is a system of thought process still use to this day.
To put it simply, the basis of Hegelianism dictates that the human mind can’t understand anything unless it can be split into two polar opposites. Good / Evil, Right / Wrong, Left / Right.

So for The Powers That Be - create the problem, general public react SOMETHING MUST BE DONE, then offer the solution you have covertly created.  

DONT FALL FOR IT FOLKS - its been done 100s of times to us over the centuries 

Edited by Paul

Gold back on the climb again 

Looks like my next monthly purchases are going to be silver for a while - gold looks SO EXPENSIVE now

around £1000 for a 1oz coin - eek !!

As long as the financial uncertainty remains next 12 months at least if not 24 or 36+ even Gold prices will be up and down constantly with swings easy the size of yesterdays or greater imo. Brexit was a once in a generation game changer and I dont care what or who says it nobody knows where this is heading with any credible degree of certainty yet, we are truly in uncharted waters.

Purely personal decisions based on your goals......if a flipper flip when you like and don't get down if price shoots up next day, similarly don''t be over pleased with yourself if price tanks next day, that's flipping, just stay calm and accept it and enjoy the ups and downs, hopefully with more ups than downs though of course.

Different for me I'm in it for my Grand kids and if I'm still here I'll still be a buyer when I believe Gold is undervalued, as I do now, and I can afford some.I doubt I'll ever cash my stack in..........GKs' can do what they like with it when I've left it to them.

Even if it crashes it will never be worthless like those useless "I owe you" bits of paper always end up being one day or other.

Edited by Ravinella

On 6/24/2016 at 11:04, PureGold said:

I 100% won't be selling gold is still undervalued

+1.

When the day comes that gold is fully valued (Gold:Dow at least in low single digit, under 100oz for a standard house) of gold  then this week's price action won't even be distinguishable as a blip on the overall chart. 

Buying fiat currency with real money is the craziest thing that you can do right now.

Carney has pretty much just said that they're prepared to do "whatever is necessary to stabilize financial markets" ( = codeword for more fiat currency dilution). That's all they have in their locker, and they're about to wheel out the bazookas and heavy artillery.

To all my friends in the UK 

you have started the worldwide revolution to bring back the power to the people.  Too long have the masses been looked over.

Although you venture on into uncharted territories, you have made the right decision and lead the world into the new brighter future we deserve.

Gold will lead the way 

You cannot print Gold!!!!!!

There will be profit opportunities along the way but in the medium term gold is the only common sense store of wealth and value.

I am not a seller for fiat but I might sell for London property that is almost as good as gold and provides an income.

Gold is about wealth creation long term for retirement and the next generation it's not designed for short term £5 here and there profit taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold is still good in the longer term, but in the short term, I'm not so sure. For one thing, markets always overreact to bad news. Friday morning, gold lurched up to £1000 per ozT and then settled back; GBP/USD fell to 1.30 then recovered to 1.37; FTSE dropped 10% then recovered to down 3%. Over the next 3-4 months, the big event is the US election. The establishment are desperate to get Hillary elected and shut Trump out. Since the current president is a democrat, this means they will talk up the economy and publish lots of strong results: high GDP growth, low unemployment, high job creation, etc. Most of the results will be bull**** but people will believe them and it will make them want to vote for more of the same. This will be negative for gold. You may well be able to buy gold more cheaply in 3 months time than today. No guarantees of anything, just watch the price closely and maybe use cost averaging to get yourself in.