• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

4 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

As Above so Below 🤔😯

Deep for a Friday morning!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

How much power to normal buyers have over the gold price Vs governments and banks? I'm guessing not much. If public buying had most impact, gold would be put in a massive bubble what with all the American doom-merchants on YouTube telling us to buy gold to save our skins. The theorist in me wonders if that isn't partly the goal of those YouTubers, trying to pump gold like crypto YouTubers try to pump their coins.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bratnia said:

There's been a explosion of manufacturing buildings development across America, fundamentally its seeking to repatriate much of what is presently sourced from China. As part of that high tariffs against Chinese imported stuff will help kick start such domestic production. America is turning Japanese where instead of relying upon others (foreign) purchasing of its Treasury's its central bank will print/buy those bonds. Same as per Japan when large debts are held internally then they're not really a issue, they're just a internal money redistribution political matter.

Deglobalisation. Where capitalism is just used by around 25% of the global population, 75% who might instead align with Russia/China, and barriers between the two - until such time that that large majority without capitalism recognise that they live a relatively poor/low-quality life (but where the Russia/China governance imprisons them into that).

Yes many are starting to realise the benefits that including gold in a portfolio provides and particularly in reflection of more recent world events. Rising demand for gold is a upside price pressure factor. US debt expansion is within 'normal' limits in percentages/exponential terms, and with increased domestic manufacturing stocks might also be expected to do well. Fundamentally things are OK, just continue to buy/hold a combination/blend of both stocks and gold.

The politicians talk about repatriating production back into the US - we heard that back in 2016. It didn't happen. It's an election year so they say these things and it doesn't happen. They can't even keep the streets clean in US cities let alone recreate their manufacturing base. Where are the $trillions of investment going to come from? If it were all so easy why hasn't it been done already? Politicians, even the ones in power say they will make things so much better - well why haven't they done that already. They won't and they can't - it is all a lie. The best they do is talk about Green Energy to combat Climate Change. There is no Climate Change - Green Energy is neither Green nor sustainable. More lies. More delusionary talk from the clueless and the criminals. 

Foreigners haven't been buying US Treasures for the best part of 10 years. The ESF is buying Treasuries and stuffing them into offshore accounts. They have sought to hide the loss of confidence in the USD and global de-dollarisation this way but it is getting all too obvious. 

The West is collapsing. We are in a semi-Marxist state. We are drowning in Leftist propaganda. The majority of the population has been multiply injected with genetic engineering poison. The diet is full of seed oils and empty calories which is slowing killing the people. The West is way below replacement levels of new population; demoralised and sterilised with COVID injections, microplastics and oestrogens in the water as well as being flooded with foreigners. The cost of living is soaring. When i compare the situation with when i was starting out in the 1980's the situation is pitiful. When my schoolmates left school in the 1970's they all could get a job - they all got apprentice type jobs. People with a reasonable job could afford to buy a house. My grandfathers supported a house, car, wife and family on their incomes. This is now only a dream, beyond a dream for most people these days. The very reason people are cheering on the GBP price of gold is because Sterling is collapsing. 

We are not in some sort of capitalist eutopia. This doesn't exist outside the pages of rags like the Daily Express. We are in a failed state. This is why we are stacking precious metal and hunkering down - we know it isn't going to get better and likely is only going to get worse. I am being honest about the situation - the future is no longer in the West - those days of empire are long gone.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 hours ago, bluemoon said:

How much power to normal buyers have over the gold price Vs governments and banks? I'm guessing not much. If public buying had most impact, gold would be put in a massive bubble what with all the American doom-merchants on YouTube telling us to buy gold to save our skins. The theorist in me wonders if that isn't partly the goal of those YouTubers, trying to pump gold like crypto YouTubers try to pump their coins.

All the retail (small) gold stackers in the world combined are less than 5% of the total market. With silver it's roughly 5 times that or 25-30% of the market is stackers. In terms of value because the gold market is roughly 10 times larger than silver, stackers hold perhaps double the nominal USD value in gold as they do in silver. The ordinary person doesn't really "stack" gold as it's incredibly expensive, we invest in gold, but we do stack silver. Many ordinary people have 1,000oz+ in silver, no regular person has 1,000oz+ in gold (other than James, ZRPMs and modofantasma, @ZRPMs is going to build the Temple of King Solomon for his next BTL)

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

6 hours ago, m3rlin said:

haven't seen the post as i did skip to the last page. article was funny in a way because i closed my copper position at the end of April and now i want to slap myself. lol

You should never hit yourself.

Let me slap you.

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

I was watching a video the other day on how much in ozs of gold and silver do you need to own in the top 1% per person in the world.

Surprisingly is 500oz of silver by retirement 

And 40oz of gold by retirement.

Interesting I thought.

If that's true then imma big fooking deal. Put some respect on my name biatches 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I was watching a video the other day on how much in ozs of gold and silver do you need to own to be in the top 1% per person in the world.

Interesting I thought.

I've got a long way to go on both then..

Just now, James32 said:

If that's true then imma big fooking deal. Put some respect on my name biatches 

Who dis?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

3 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I was watching a video the other day on how much in ozs of gold and silver do you need to own to be in the top 1% per person in the world.

Interesting I thought.

Suspect there's a few in that category on here then @HerefordBullyun

... Sorry @James32
 😆

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

2 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Suspect there's a few in that category on here then @HerefordBullyun

... Sorry @James32
 😆

Target reached on silver 

Still got another 28oz of gold to go..

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

Target reached on silver 

Still got another 28oz of gold to go..

Don’t buy silver anymore , 36 ozs to go on gold, not too stressed, got another 56 odd years to go.

2 minutes ago, BLOOMMAN101 said:

image.thumb.png.5cd33145b2bd983fcc1e7a86f54c9f0d.png

That's one long arsed candlestick 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454