• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

3 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Do we think it’s possible to buy a house with gold in the uk? I mean would sellers accept it as mortgages become unaffordable and not to be able to convert it back to the pound note as banks close their doors….

will it catch on or transactions will become harder for more expensive items.?

1 minute ago, Dankanugget said:

I mean I’m guessing some folk here are banking on it  to be able to realise their hard earned asset’s to provide a future for them and their loved ones?

Very valid questions. We could shift it to countries that would accept it, or we could end up with a barbarous relic!

My take would be that we potentially see an underpinning of FIAT with gold as Central banks try and woo us with financial stability.. but again it'll be a magicians trick/slight of hand. They could go down the compulsory purchase route though and then jack up the price a-la US style...

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

8 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Do we think it’s possible to buy a house with gold in the uk? I mean would sellers accept it as mortgages become unaffordable and not to be able to convert it back to the pound note as banks close their doors….

The short answer is - no I don't think so, maybe long-term (but you will need receipts)...

1 hour ago, Bratnia said:

....sorry you can't buy concert tickets to xyz because your citizen score is too low (or you voted for the wrong party in the General Election - that they can tell because when you present your ID the first clerk records a number against your name that corresponds to the voting papers you are handed).

I always spoil my ballot paper. I voted for Larry the Cat again. Best candidate in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, 9x883 said:

From what I've understood this afternoon, protecting wealth is pointless as it'll either be taken away from you or laws will be put in place so you can't use it. 

Where's the booze and cigs que @ArgentSmith

Yet all those prophesying doom and gloom continue to stack gold…I wouldn’t worry too much

Interestingly junior gold miners etf rose by 3.2% today....

Maybe there is something on the cards if wall st is speculative...

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

16 minutes ago, 9x883 said:

From what I've understood this afternoon, protecting wealth is pointless as it'll either be taken away from you or laws will be put in place so you can't use it. 

Where's the booze and cigs que @ArgentSmith

Gold is right up there as a potential asset to side step such geopolitical risks (confiscations). A couple of properties in different countries, a yacht, gold and art (such as paintings that can be rolled up and transported in tubes). Even a slightest sniff of 'hit the rich' ... and they're gone. Foolish policies as otherwise the richest 1% pay a third of the tax take, better would be to treble that number. Truss/KK intended policy - poorly implemented, replaced with 'tax the rich/rejoin the EU' policies where Conservatives as-is are little different to Labour.

I do struggle to understand why investors in pms always seem to have a safe or lockbox across an expanse of water…I mean surely there’s a better place in the high st to store valuables?

it would certainly stop all theses water mishaps.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dankanugget said:

Solicitor asks for proof of funds so I wonder if anybody has sent back a picture of their stack🤔

Edited by Brit2023
Spelling

5 hours ago, Bratnia said:

Yield curve inversion (2 year Treasury yields higher than 10 year) often is a precursor to a recession.  With a normal yield curve longer dated tend to pay a higher yield in compensation for taking on inflation risk. With an inverted yield curve risk is being suggested as a near-end/soon to occur event.

🤔… oh🤔why not just say that🤔😁cheers

9 minutes ago, bobski said:

Also worth noting, that if someone doesn't want to see my posts, they can use the ignore function. Less crying that way

Well played sir. You win top trumps

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/