• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

The Bank Term Funding Programme ends in USA in March. That would spell disaster for banks. Would they sell their gold as there's no chance of a loan? And will that cause the Gold price to collapse short term? But then a huge recession will starts and gold rockets....

Or they may just extend the programme and kick that can down the road... (wouldn't surprise me)

Edited by katyc

23 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

Oh my it’s gone up again. Daaamn. Nice jump within 24 hours. 

Why doesn’t this ever happen beginning of the month? 😭😂

If you see a coin you want from members mid month, why not agree to pay them at the end. I have done this many times (as a seller) and even up to two months.  A deposit should be fine.  If some members are not willing, then look for those that are.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

8 minutes ago, BLOOMMAN101 said:

I like this boring c**p. It's true, it is a leap in the dark and nobody knows what will happen because it's unprecedented. That didn't stop us doing unprecedented things in 1999-2008, 2008-2019, 2020-23 .... 

The BoE and Fed had their pants pulled down by inflation when they claimed it would be inconsequential and "transitory". The BoE hired the big dawg of the last 20 years in central banking - Ben Bernanke - to help them not be so wrong next time. Benny was involved in the USA's total inability to create accurate forecasts and the former Chair and current Secretary of the Treasury, Janet Yellen, is an acolyte of Ben Bernanke. She owes much of her career and her philosophies to Bernanke. Everybody got it wrong and they're now saying the recession in the UK is already over. It must have been "transitory" 😂. To be fair Bernanke is a very serious and credible economist, I quite like him 🤷‍♂️

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

8 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Janet Yellen, is an acolyte of Ben Bernanke

She is also mendacious, incompetent and corrupt.

Granted, these are compulsory attributes at the Fed.

Edited by PapaLazarou

All Wars Are Central Bankers' Wars

4 hours ago, Petra said:

🤔so gold going up ….. are you all planning on selling (or trying to)🤔 or just sit there counting the increase in your stacks value🤔🤔we need a crash so we can carry on buying!😮😮

If we have a crash the people that say they won't buy because it's too expensive still won't buy because the price drop will just spook them. We don't need a crash, leave the boom/bust cycles to crypto and stock speculators. 

5 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

She is also a mendacious, incompetent and corrupt.

As opposed to ...?

Anyway gold just hit £1642/$2075 and is flirting with the ATH. I have a strong feeling we will close on Friday with a new ATH

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

1 minute ago, Paul said:

fiat debt tokens

🤣 brilliant.

Can you collect them on cigarette cards to one day buy a small Italian car?

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.