• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

50 minutes ago, Petra said:

I imagine that what they pay someone for one either hasn’t changed or gone down!

Definitely wouldn't of gone up put it that way lol

Edited by Mtaybar

19 hours ago, Orpster said:

They are separate to the limited numbers.  I believe they don’t get a COA number allocated but get a personal document signed by the mint to say they were struck on the tour.  There are only 4 people on each VIP tour and only 2 a week so limited extra

I am sure the strike your own sovereigns are included in the maximum mintage for the 2022 proof sovereign (they are exactly the same coin after all), as there were a few hundred left unaccounted for after counting up all the ones that were sold individually or in sets. I worked it out a while back but can't find the post now - probably somewhere in that million page thread about the 2022 sovereigns :D 

There are 6 people on each tour now, and even though they added Friday tours recently there is still enough room to avoid going over the mintage limit. They could of course change the coins at any point too. At the end of last year and the start of the year it was still the 1/4oz Gold Standard coin, which I really wanted, but I can't really grumble about it being changed to the 2022 proof sovereign.

Only 2 of the 6 on my tour (me, and my other half on behalf of me! :D) actually struck commemorative coins. You also get a free standard strike-your-own, which is currently the FA Cup £2 bunc, but can pay the extra £6.90 to get a second.

13 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

2022 sovs back in at Tavex

If anyone can actually make a successful payment with whatever system that is. Apparently they are due to have the improved payment system very soon

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

If anyone can actually make a successful payment with whatever system that is. Apparently they are due to have the improved payment system very soon

Yeah frustrating is an understatement, took three goes on my last outing 🙃 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

I have bought from them, the way it links your account once you pay them the next time is much easier.

I did have to research their payment system first time, made me a bit twitchy but no issues so far

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Do they not accept card payments any more? Their website says they do but the checkout makes it look like they don't.

Na, some trustly bank app that does and doesn't work. 

7 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yeah frustrating is an understatement, took three goes on my last outing 🙃 

I usually get the option to scan a QR code or continue by authenticating via the bank's browser (on computer). As long as I avoid the QR code, seems to be fine. I even bought a new 2022 sovereign just now in the interests of science.

3 minutes ago, StackerBritt said:

I’m trying to navigate Trustly as I’m writing this.  Trying to buy 5 sov and I’ve been on the Trustly page for about 1/2hr so far☹️

Happened to me last week and it took three attempts ...make sure to use the webchat to explain the situation and they will honour the price, plus send to a direct link to pay

5 minutes ago, StackerBritt said:

I’m trying to navigate Trustly as I’m writing this.  Trying to buy 5 sov and I’ve been on the Trustly page for about 1/2hr so far☹️

It took seconds with Monzo but various high street banks didn't work even after all the verification steps

2 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Don't get your hopes up might have to skip a night out on Friday 🤣 

Good deal though on the 2022s if anyone is looking 

Problem is deals are like buses, the best value sovs came back into stock at Brittania Coin Company this morning and I spent my pocket money on them

14 minutes ago, James32 said:

make sure to use the webchat to explain the situation and they will honour the price, plus send to a direct link to pay

I just used the web chat and they said they can’t accept other forms of payment and basically there was nothing they could do so the order is just going to auto cancel 😠

Just now, StackerBritt said:

I just used the web chat and they said they can’t accept other forms of payment and basically there was nothing they could do so the order is just going to auto cancel 😠

They seriously need to get this fixed ASAP 🙄 

1 hour ago, modofantasma said:

£359 delivered per sov if buying a few, good price on a low quantity but more than 1

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/gold-coins/full-gold-sovereign-pre-owned-best-value/

I have bought from them in the past and they did give good sovs, but a few have been banged up, but I guess it is the gold content at the end of the day.