• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

10 minutes ago, oddball said:

just received my 1/10th gold standard. do they all say 1 of 8. or have i hit the jackpot. anyone know the value what this will bring down the line. is number 1 worth more etc. 

you are numero uno….of 8 of an unissued U.K. coin as far as I can tell. I cannot find a reference for any others.

48 minutes ago, oddball said:

i saw pauls post and just took a a punt.it seemed good value. think i owe him a beer. 

Very rude of them to not send me #1 when I ordered first and then helped them sell out :D

On a serious note though, I don't think a #1 is worth any more than the others in the context of the Trial of the Pyx (I consider myself non biased as I also have a #1 (different coin obviously!)). There are at most 10 of each coin and the numbering is arbitrary (merely to uniquely identify them) and doesn't relate to order of mintage - all of the coins were mixed in the same paper envelope at some point.

On the other hand, I still regret not just buying them all myself 🤣

Ramsdens have these 1 Oz gold bars at below spot price. Whilst they seem to have adjusted the price of their sovereigns, they seem to have missed these bars

https://www.ramsdensjewellery.co.uk/product/1oz-rmc-sealed-ingot-89988?_gl=1*1t0f7q4*_up*MQ..&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiYOxBhC5ARIsAIvdH50Be6_AmWmm7ZRHI_PatNDHu-JAYgnWp7fF8I8JI5kZgSDDdX4N7vcaAtLbEALw_wcB

Also, just noticed they are on top cashback as well

Edited by BullionBuyerUK

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Just now, BullionBuyerUK said:

Never used them myself, but Ramsdens have pawn shops everywhere, and I know people on here have used them several times

I'm tempted. Topcashback offer 0.85% cashback, which I think works out about £16

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

2 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Someone posted a few weeks back a code newsletter10, don't know if that still works

Just tried. No cigar

28 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Someone posted a few weeks back a code newsletter10, don't know if that still works

Yeah me, I've tried since but it seems after honouring my order they patched it to exclude certain items :(

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

8 hours ago, oddball said:

gold standard.jpg

😮great coin, well done 👍had to get my coin slabbed myself 😮

8 hours ago, oddball said:

i bet some one dm's me. offering me spot. 

I take it that it’s a no🤔😮😁

4 hours ago, bobski said:

Have you used them before?

They are ok, just takes a few days to get an order sorted, but no problems.

4 hours ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Ramsdens have these 1 Oz gold bars at below spot price. Whilst they seem to have adjusted the price of their sovereigns, they seem to have missed these bars

https://www.ramsdensjewellery.co.uk/product/1oz-rmc-sealed-ingot-89988?_gl=1*1t0f7q4*_up*MQ..&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiYOxBhC5ARIsAIvdH50Be6_AmWmm7ZRHI_PatNDHu-JAYgnWp7fF8I8JI5kZgSDDdX4N7vcaAtLbEALw_wcB

Also, just noticed they are on top cashback as well

Funny how the description says 22CT. 

😅

I've seen a few high street pawnbrokers and jewelers not putting their prices up recently. Well worth a look at them in the passing. 

Caught one a week ago who had put their prices up on 2.5g bars but not 5g bars. Snatched a few at spot price. Since I've gotten rid of my last spot price 5g bars from the mint from last year. 

1 minute ago, cjbcomm said:

Think I just missed the last one of those. Bought the 1/2 Oz instead but would have made a great pair of unreleased coins 

IMG_20240418_182429_HDR.jpg

🤔great coin. Well done👍

1 minute ago, cjbcomm said:

Think I just missed the last one of those. Bought the 1/2 Oz instead but would have made a great pair of unreleased coins 

IMG_20240418_182429_HDR.jpg

There's also the unreleased 1oz! (Still available!).

And the 2022 1/4oz wasn't released either was it? But it had been in previous years, so that's not as exciting.

16 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

There's also the unreleased 1oz! (Still available!).

And the 2022 1/4oz wasn't released either was it? But it had been in previous years, so that's not as exciting.

Not certain what they released in 2022 but be useful to check out. The 1/10th and 1/2 were interesting as the GS doesn't appear to have been released at any time in these denominations. 1 Oz were only proofs previously I think and plenty of 1/4's.

Will try and find out what exactly they issued in 2022 and keep an eye out for a 1/10th in the future if anyone sells

5 minutes ago, cjbcomm said:

Not certain what they released in 2022 but be useful to check out. The 1/10th and 1/2 were interesting as the GS doesn't appear to have been released at any time in these denominations. 1 Oz were only proofs previously I think and plenty of 1/4's.

Will try and find out what exactly they issued in 2022 and keep an eye out for a 1/10th in the future if anyone sells

It would be nice to know what happened to the others, if there are any. With the unreleased Roosevelt and Churchill coins, it's known that all minted were sold to a US pension fund and haven't been available on the open market since. Could be the same for these gold standards.