• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 matt finish sovereign

Goldmick

4 hours ago, soverignstacker said:

Any one know the actual cost to get one graded ? As I am very curious to know what they will come out at.

Basic coat will be £18. Then will depend if you submit with other coins as there is a £12 tier fee. Speak to @Numistacker and he can help you out.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, terakris said:

Basic coat will be £18. Then will depend if you submit with other coins as there is a £12 tier fee. Speak to @Numistacker and he can help you out.

The tier fee was $8 wasn't it, wow have prices gone up that much?

Also when you share a tier with other members the prices should be reduced/shared out anyway.

1 minute ago, soverignstacker said:

So that's 30 all in ?

If you do it yourself yes. If you submit via someone else then you can share out the tier cost. Those are uk prices btw which I now always do as you get coins back much faster.

5 minutes ago, soverignstacker said:

So that's 30 all in ?

I would guess plus postage both ways if you are not submitting yourself, but happy to be corrected there :) (And in fact I would love to know!)

6 minutes ago, terakris said:

If you do it yourself yes. If you submit via someone else then you can share out the tier cost. Those are uk prices btw which I now always do as you get coins back much faster.

And NGC UK submissions are insured posted to the US grading centre I think, which is the only way to get that insurance, and anything else is at the sender's own risk? Hence why NGC UK are more expensive - ?

10 minutes ago, AlphaBeast said:

I don't know how the London coin company sell anything other than by auction because their BIN prices are always over the top 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I guess if it never sells at that price but you don't pay any fees then don't really coat anything. And on the off chance it does sell then it's a huge win. I thought about listing some of my coins I don't want to sell for crazy prices and if they sell then for the crazy price I can live with it :)

16 hours ago, terakris said:

I guess if it never sells at that price but you don't pay any fees then don't really coat anything. And on the off chance it does sell then it's a huge win. I thought about listing some of my coins I don't want to sell for crazy prices and if they sell then for the crazy price I can live with it :)

That means I have paid crazy price to buy your coins ? 

Its just what the buyer would pay really 

For example mr sovereign would not agree at 750 pounds but some other people have already paid 900 plus for this coin 

1989 sovereign was an unloved coin , 2012 was ugly coin  .... but what happens after a few years ? 

So nothing crazy , it’s just supply and demand . When supply is 650 , there must be more than 650 people demanding this coin 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 minute ago, fehk2001 said:

That means I have paid crazy price to buy your coins ? 

Haha no, i mean for instance I have a 4 coin 2012 set at PF70UC... lets say i put it on ebay for £5k, knowing it would never sell but never paying any fees. If it did sell then I could live with that, if it didnt then all good as i didnt want to sell it anyway. Now it sounds like I overcharge for anything I sell, I really dont - I only sell what I have duplicates of and at what I think are reasonable prices. What I'm saying is i guess everyone has a point where if the money is crazy enough I'd part with it.

26 minutes ago, terakris said:

Haha no, i mean for instance I have a 4 coin 2012 set at PF70UC... lets say i put it on ebay for £5k, knowing it would never sell but never paying any fees. If it did sell then I could live with that, if it didnt then all good as i didnt want to sell it anyway. Now it sounds like I overcharge for anything I sell, I really dont - I only sell what I have duplicates of and at what I think are reasonable prices. What I'm saying is i guess everyone has a point where if the money is crazy enough I'd part with it.

The coin was 350 pounds issue price and it was <<< an ugly coin that no one wants And nothing special , 

so may I have the price difference back please hahahahaha 

And earn money never crazy as soon as things going in the right direction 

so the 2017 strike on the day must be crazy price ? They have proof as well though

1 minute ago, CadmiumGreen said:

@fehk2001 would contend that the 2012 Sov was an ugly coin.😁

That’s what my daddy sovereignsteve said yesterday night 

then I was trying to explain to him , it is not an ugly coin as soon as money keeps on going up 

it will suddenly become a beautiful coin 

eg 2014 Britannia was unloved one 

14 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

That’s what my daddy sovereignsteve said yesterday night 

then I was trying to explain to him , it is not an ugly coin as soon as money keeps on going up 

it will suddenly become a beautiful coin 

eg 2014 Britannia was unloved one 

I would tend to agree with you both...the 2012 Sov design is kind of “flat”. Even if the value/worth goes up on the coin it will still not be as beautiful as the other designs. The 2014 Britannia is unique but she is lyth in that portrait...unlike the 2013 design where it looks like she is preparing to breast feed an owl.

Mine arrived today but I dont know how I feel about it.  I was looking to get my first coin graded with @Numistacker but looking through a loupe there are lots of white specs where frosting should be (I think)  Especially the high points of the dragon that are way to shinny for a matt finish.  Is this normal I dont think this would get a 70 although I've never had a coin graded before so I may be picky.

Do I return the coin, sell it on or try my grading look.  Is this normal, have any others out there looked at their coin under magnification and notices similar marks?

Archived