• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

@Numistacker I'm pleased it was just dust, always disappointing getting a faulty coin.

Me too it's driving me nuts sending stuff back )) just got the cheque for the last postage I paid to return the previous set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I must say the reverse proof looks a bit disappointing from your photo. How does it look in hand?

It doesn't look as nice as a standard bullion Perth lunar or kookaburra coin, which, considering the premium, is poor IMO. I realise it has a micro-mintage but still...

Of course, everything is subjective and I agree that on its own, the frosted reverse proof might not be everyone's cup of tea. I think it looks fine on its own. What, somewhat interestingly, was of note ( to me at least), is that side by side as a presentation, they somehow play off of each other to decent effect.....strange but true.

It is kind of like that unexpected FA Cup final when you get a top team up against an underdog who surprises everyone on the day by winning but it takes both teams to make the event.

Edited by Oldun

My latest buys

20 Franc for spot

5$ Gold coin for spot 1852 pics

Traded silver for a 5$ Fifa guld coin around spot 

_20160828_233737.thumb.JPG.f9348501cc249a2d7d294f2fecfcd039.JPG

_20160828_233848.thumb.JPG.ee3a191a03d8c20409c8bfef5fc21974.JPG

It looks cleaned but what a great pickup such an early date at spot

42 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Oh, took the photos with my cellphone.. If its not cleaned would it be worth more than spot?

42 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

most coins from the US are cleaned aren't they?

Someone said to me that if a coin in the USA is worth more than $100 and it's not slabbed it's a problem. I have found that to be 80% true.

2016 Commemorative Pandas.  I do collect the silver ones when I can get them at a reasonable price but they always seem to be crazy expensive for what they are.  Decided to splash out a little on this set as it commemorates 120 years of the Shenyang Mint.

57c56a19dd149_2016-08-3011.20.33.thumb.jpg.9a42c7156b3c19d147a3d974a47921cf.jpg

57c56a39e8848_2016-08-3011.21.05.thumb.jpg.6940d06504df65a0db981d9b97e1aa1c.jpg

I have been thinking about that one and considering a purchase. It's a great set.

40 minutes ago, PureGold said:

How much is the set and who is stocking it??

Currently I only see 2 sellers on eBay with it.  I've heard that they haven't filtered down the supply chain just yet so may be cheaper once it reaches more sellers.  However, if it proves to be more popular than previous commemorative sets then the price could remain at current levels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272344568222?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152202726123?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thincat will do a better price dealing outside of eBay.

I thought I would share some good news that is presently on its way back to me from NGC.

92d73eae7e14b525efaa7224348dc8f8.jpg

My Reverse Proof Britannia got a PF70 grade. I believe that's a world first... Though inevitably a few more will be graded with a 70.

Only 500 of these 1oz reverse proofs were minted..

Alas not - a massive population of two now and wow, check out the asking price for the double 70 pair with coa and original box included.....lol....makes me want to go get mine graded now but I cant believe anyone is going to pay that asking price...http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X2016+britannia+reverse+proof.TRS0&_nkw=2016+britannia+reverse+proof&_sacat=0

Edited by Oldun

Alas not - a massive population of two now and wow, check out the asking price for the double 70 pair with coa and original box included.....lol....makes me want to go get mine graded now but I cant believe anyone is going to pay that asking price...http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X2016+britannia+reverse+proof.TRS0&_nkw=2016+britannia+reverse+proof&_sacat=0

My regular proof only got a 69 alas and I didn't pay $15 bucks for the blue label

On 2016年8月10日 at 02:21, Numistacker said:

That seems to be the error certificate. It says maximum coin mintage and has wrong figures

Following up to this (3 coin gold proof 2016 britannia set I received), The RM will be sending the correctly printed coa in two weeks, so bonus of having the error coa and the corect reprint :)

Edited by Oldun

6 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

My regular proof only got a 69 alas and I didn't pay $15 bucks for the blue label

Yes but jeez, you have a 70 reverse. Go get thee a 70 proof to go with the box and coa and you have some serious limited action.

Edited by Oldun

The one with Big Ben? These labels are getting a bit tacky now.

NGC charge $15 per coin for "early release" designation that has blue label

They are a business just like everyone else and they will provide the services that the market is willing to pay for, just like specialty labels - they make an otherwise boring holder into a little nicer showcase for the graded coin.  

In this case - may have been worth it to get the early release label since the mintage is so low and the coin is perfect - 

hats off to @Numistacker for the great addition to the collection.

They are a business just like everyone else and they will provide the services that the market is willing to pay for, just like specialty labels - they make an otherwise boring holder into a little nicer showcase for the graded coin.  

In this case - may have been worth it to get the early release label since the mintage is so low and the coin is perfect - 

hats off to @Numistacker for the great addition to the collection.

I had a go at NGC for this crazy charge )) as it used to be $5! I did pay the price for my Nanjing pandas as I thing I will get the $15 back on resale for those.