• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

11 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Bought this blind. Looks lovely ☺️

Does anyone know how accurate these prices are?

https://taxfreegold.co.uk/2000jerseyuksovereignproofpair.php

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes I saw that at HGM and seiously thought about it, good price, unusual piece.

What do you mean by "accurate"? That's what Chards are selling them for and they are in stock. Whether they will ever sell one for that, who knows?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 hours ago, morezone said:

Greeting the New Century Commemorative 2g Silver Bank Note.  Both authorised and printed/minted/manufactured by the government.  Would have liked it raw but couldn't see any at the time.  May cut it open one day.

2016-07-26 13.27.06.jpg

2016-07-26 13.27.42.jpg

2016-07-26 13.28.04.jpg

Got to ask what you mean by ' raw '? 

8 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Yes I saw that at HGM and seiously thought about it, good price, unusual piece.

What do you mean by "accurate"? That's what Chards are selling them for and they are in stock. Whether they will ever sell one for that, who knows?

Well when buy something for just over £500 and its for sale at just over £700 the only place I could find it, then you gotta ask whats up?

Anyway I'm not selling so its all just a paper exercise :D

1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

Well when buy something for just over £500 and its for sale at just over £700 the only place I could find it, then you gotta ask whats up?

Nice set. I like the pictures in the back. I love medieval type illustrations. 

2 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

With a mintage of just 1750 and being a millenium type issue, along with no one else selling it, Chards probably feel it's a good punt to mark it up at that inflated price.

Just business.

Bit off the 2002 1/10th Brittania proof..

b65bd7e37130b9870912ef1684572565.png

fc2bf5a4ad36810527c7aaa2ae94d930.png

This one will be graded and then put in my NGC registry set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit off?

edit: Just realised you probably meant "bit of", had some weird daydream that you had to bite the capsule off or something.... long day

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Bit off?

edit: Just realised you probably meant "bit of", had some weird daydream that you had to bite the capsule off or something.... long day

No Bit off )) as in bit off more than I could chew ))

13 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Jersey sovereign I would assume is just a novelty rather than being a serious thing for any collector 

I would assume it's still worth over spot, but not too much

£500 seems about right for what it is, not worth more than that. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Grades are out from NGC for a recent submission. This is only the 4th 1/4oz lion graded.

3fb74c93c90b3835cf2ec92528bc4c9c.png

38ea4a695d9d3491d908cced8d663524.png

So far no 70s

5 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Grades are out from NGC for a recent submission. This is only the 4th 1/4oz lion graded.

3fb74c93c90b3835cf2ec92528bc4c9c.png

38ea4a695d9d3491d908cced8d663524.png

So far no 70s

Numi 

given the trouble you and others have had with these - maybe a perfect 70 is impossible from our Royal Mint?? 

How many did you send in? 

4 hours ago, Kman said:

Jersey sovereign I would assume is just a novelty rather than being a serious thing for any collector 

I would assume it's still worth over spot, but not too much

£500 seems about right for what it is, not worth more than that. 

It also contains a UK 2000 proof sovereign, so 2 proofs for £500 in case with coa, or spot + 5%

HGM sell them at not much more than bullion prices while Chards sell at collector prices. Who's to say which one is "correct"?

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160727%2F3fb74c93c90b3835cf2ec92528bc4c9c.png&key=7d3f4e0a697d2eb0eac6bf64829b65b618c25036d5144d595bb4ee97e49ece95

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160727%2F38ea4a695d9d3491d908cced8d663524.png&key=1467dd2151eb5aded0bf13ba5fa0b8ef2f5790c20b6af2c0799b2f8bb0bc5cd8

So far no 70s

Numi 

given the trouble you and others have had with these - maybe a perfect 70 is impossible from our Royal Mint[emoji6]? 

How many did you send in? 

Just the one as I was not expecting them to vanish quite so quickly. You are right a 69 for a RM bullion coin is very good

10 hours ago, stackspot said:

From Pobjoy Mintimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Good job, I bought one too, back at £920 though :D

Also I don't care for the heat sealed stuff apart from on pandas so put it in a capsule!

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com