• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2022 platinum jubilee £5 Sovereign MS70MATTE

3 minutes ago, cliveb13 said:

Dave

this is an astounding price for a perfect great coin. Think I should own it & wait for market to recover somewhat. 
I’ll take it please & we’ll be meeting soon I hope so put my name on it & I’ll pay your chosen account . 
thank you to @9x883 for the heads up to this post. My email alerts have disappeared again !! Aaaaargh 

clive 

Pleasure as aways Clive!  I’ll PM young. Thanks Dave.  

9 hours ago, cliveb13 said:

Dave

this is an astounding price for a perfect great coin. Think I should own it & wait for market to recover somewhat. 
I’ll take it please & we’ll be meeting soon I hope so put my name on it & I’ll pay your chosen account . 
thank you to @9x883 for the heads up to this post. My email alerts have disappeared again !! Aaaaargh 

clive 

Congratulations Clive. A good purchase at a bargain price. My own is in the same FR label slab, albeit at the wrong side of £3K. You did well.

Thank you @GoodAsGold , & great username by the way 

the market is weird at the moment & great coins are coming up, and some haxe surprisingly little real interest. I’ll cite this one & the 1989 2sov but also on Facebook there is a 1989 5sov 70 that has very surprisingly hung around longer than might be expected. Maybe this is the new normal and we can all expect to add exceptional coins to our collections at will. We’ll see 

delighted though by my latest trade w @GoldDiggerDave 

clive 

Cheers @cliveb13.  I’ve been watching the £5 1989 sov for ages on Karl’s website (Mr 1817). The reason being that I want to get a rough idea what my own is worth.

My own 1989 long set was submitted for conservation and grading to NCS/NGC through Dave’s service last year and only the full £1 sov failed to achieve PF70 UC. That coin has recently been moved on (in response to Touvex’s wanted PF69 post) but the top grades £5, £2 and half are still with me on hold.

A weird market as you say, but hopefully not the new normal for much longer. I agree - we’ll see. Enjoy your big Platinum Jubilee gold coin when it arrives.

• 4 weeks later...