• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

British Monarchs Series - They Couldn’t, Could They?

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have fired an email off asking for all the coins I have bought to be returned and refunded.

This teaser for the next season of royally screwed looks good :D

on a serious note, that really sucks.

This must be damaging faith in royal mint product series, it's just bad business promoting and promising a full set then cutting it loose half way through.

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

1 hour ago, Jinxy said:

I’ve expressed my feelings to them strongly.Bearing in mind the number of limited series they are currently churning out, at least the the British Monarchs is interesting, educational, collectible and relevant.

probably the reason it was cancelled.  it didnt pander to the instagram mob.  look at the mainstream press coverage of the new star wars coin today.

16 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

This must be damaging faith in royal mint product series

8 minutes ago, timsk said:

I'm not going to collect any other series from The Royal Mint from now on.

And there ya go

A predictable and of course, well justified response.

The royal mint appears to be destroying itself from all angles at the moment.

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

41 minutes ago, timsk said:

I'm not going to collect any other series from The Royal Mint from now on. I'll stick with the 007 series as I'm about to take delivery of the 4th coin in the next few weeks. But that's it, no more after that. If they can cut what is arguably one of the best series they've come out with in recent years, then they can cut any future series at any time for no reason

In a single master stroke of self destruction, they've just removed any and all incentive for their customers to collect their coins - other than one-offs. Talk about shooting oneself in the foot! Jeeeeeeeeeez. What an absolute disgrace the Royal Mint are and, on top of everything else, they have the audacity to self proclaim they're a 'trusted brand'. The only thing I trust them to do consistently is to royally screw over their customer base at every opportunity. Grrrrr!

Mr. Very 'kin Angry from Devon.

😡

Same, but without the Bonds.

20 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

IMG_0578.png

Whilst I give up on this series early on so doesn't effect me personally, this has still infuriated me no end, I really feel for all those who went all in.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

But it's not canceled, it's merely "paused".

Crystal clear!

As clear as mud..Sounds like a slow let down, rather than hav

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

But it's not canceled, it's merely "paused".

Crystal clear!

Clear as mud. Sounds  like an appeasement to prevent an angrier response.

On 04/03/2024 at 19:41, Shinus73 said:

I read a comment from another poster either here on SF, or on a Facebook group, that they have delayed the series until 2025 or 2026. Ludicrous either way.

My Account Manager has not responded to my last request for clarity (may have been the volume of complaining). 🙂

Probably to embarrassed!

3 hours ago, Jinxy said:

IMG_0578.png

It's kinda cute how Brenda has copy-pasted the bit in italics, probably from someone high up in Marketing... including the concluding quotation mark. Remains a mystery what pearls of wisdom were at the front end of that quote, we'll never know! 

Haven't collected the series but feeling gutted for those who did. :(

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 20/03/2024 at 04:29, Jinxy said:

IMG_0578.png

This is bloody ridiculous. I’m beginning to hate that line “.. we remain committed to providing our customers with premium products and services”  

it basically translates to “ we will do what we want and pretend it in your best interests” I’m used to sub par service. But this is next level 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

On 20/03/2024 at 05:00, BackyardBullion said:

I have fired an email off asking for all the coins I have bought to be returned and refunded.

Can we organise a class action complaint on this? 
 behind the curve on this one .. but I’m absolutely bloody livid. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

On 20/03/2024 at 12:25, westminstrel said:

Paused… indefinitely. 😋

Paused so they can pretend it’s “not actually cancelled” to customer complaint. 

Aaaahhh😉

This is what happens when you increase the price more and more,and the QC is dogshit :)

I stopped buying them when the price kept going up and up,and cancelled the ten coin beasts set to.

other sets have been canned to,to risky to start a set with them now.

So they get ZERO money from me now,plus all the greed and shady terrible backyard bullion has highlighted lately.

Took them forever to deliver the box for the beast set,was meant to be 2nd coin in.

DOGSHIT.

1 hour ago, blackadder said:

This is what happens when you increase the price more and more,and the QC is dogshit :)

I stopped buying them when the price kept going up and up,and cancelled the ten coin beasts set to.

other sets have been canned to,to risky to start a set with them now.

So they get ZERO money from me now,plus all the greed and shady terrible backyard bullion has highlighted lately.

Took them forever to deliver the box for the beast set,was meant to be 2nd coin in.

DOGSHIT.

TBH why I’m so annoyed is because I actually loved this series for all its faults. I’d given up on ever selling at a profit, I just wanted to complete this ambitious series that had promised some stunning coins (many still to come). 

I agree with @paulmerton that clarity is needed. Given the Royal mint however I think a request to refund and return will be brushed off unless there is substantial backing. Like most I’ve been collecting the series in 2oz silver but I have a few 1oz and a single 1oz gold (Henry Vii, back when I was really excited for the series ). The ‘delay’ of this series makes all these coins basically worth bullion. I know they will use the ‘delay’ not cancellation to fob us off. 

Aaaahhh😉

So, I can just about see a small scenario where if you can demonstrate you were collecting the whole run of a particular coin type you MIGHT get a return refund IF they were acting in good faith and practice. One off coins I think that is a much harder argument to make. 

The big IF here is that The Royal Mint would act in good faith and "do the right thing" and we all know just how much that is likely to happen. 

The good news is that my request for a return refund has not been declined yet. They ARE considering it (or so I am lead to believe).

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

The Monarchs were good quality,well designed and packaged collectables. I never returned a single coin in the series. They’ll probably agree to a return for silver ‘spot’ price because somewhere in their T&Cs will mention that can stop a series without warning or compensation. I’ll be stuck with my last three for the melting pot.

I know there has been some very effective videos calling them out, but they really do not care because there is enough ‘satisfied’ customers🤷‍♂️#mugs

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 minute ago, NGMD said:

The Monarchs were good quality,well designed and packaged collectables. I never returned a single coin in the series. They’ll probably agree to a return for silver ‘spot’ price because somewhere in their T&Cs will mention that can stop a series without warning or compensation. I’ll be stuck with my last three for the melting pot.

I know there has been some very effective videos calling them out, but they really do not care because there is enough ‘satisfied’ customers🤷‍♂️#mugs

Oh don't worry I will be holding them to task on this. 

Our voices won't be ignored. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion