• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bizarre seymour Panther statement

So...just saw this on Facebook. The mint were posting about the launch of the dragon and were asked about the bullion Panther. The representative said there will not be one, when asked to clarify they confirmed no bullion Panther.

This surely must be a mistake, who on earth would think that's a good idea? If, as I assume, it's a mistake then who the hell handles their social media advertising? That's a big **** up

Screenshot_20240212_101910_Facebook.jpg

50 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Many series have changed Monarchs. I don’t see why the Tudor Beasts would be an exception. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I suppose if there was some kind of rule about monarchs not being aloud to change on a coin design then we wouldnt have the soverign any more...or the great engravers

Edited by apachebleu

It says … not remaking with Charles on? No issue, we’ve had coins with Charles on, so now the collection has two monarchs on… they said not remaking🤔😮

Pretty shoddy reply from the RM advisor. Even more stupid that they didn't release a bullion version back in 2022 with the proofs. Dragon makes sense this year. I really hope they do release the Panther bullion version soon.

4 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

So far the panther is my favourite. I'm already starting to save for the 1oz gold completer lol.... that'll be a belter!

Be like a who's who of party animals on the 90s rave scene. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

So far the panther is my favourite. I'm already starting to save for the 1oz gold completer lol.... that'll be a belter!

Yes, I reckon I might even chance the gold proof on that one as it could be a very nice coin indeed and the queens beast proof completer has done very well price wise.

Considering I wasn't too in to this set at first I'm starting to find I have rather a lot of them!

4 hours ago, MrStacker said:

Pretty shoddy reply from the RM advisor. Even more stupid that they didn't release a bullion version back in 2022 with the proofs. Dragon makes sense this year. I really hope they do release the Panther bullion version soon.

That first release was weird, remember the 2 coin set was released ages after the initial launch.

Just re-read the comments. They are referring to the gazette statements and there hasn't been one for the panther bullion so definitely just confused.

Also is anyone selling any unicorn 1/4oz golds cheap?

I think I may have understood a nuance here…

The RM person said they don’t plan to redo the coin because of the change of Monarch.

Since this change, has there been any coin that has the same reverse but different Monarchs (QE II and KC III) on the obverse for proof versus bullion?

I think this might be the nuance. The fact that the proof had QE II, and a new Proclamation will have to be issued if KC III is to be on the obverse of the bullion.

15 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

think the person responding has got confused

I think the person that replied is off their t!ts on something. 

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I think I may have understood a nuance here…

The RM person said they don’t plan to redo the coin because of the change of Monarch.

Since this change, has there been any coin that has the same reverse but different Monarchs (QE II and KC III) on the obverse for proof versus bullion?

I think this might be the nuance. The fact that the proof had QE II, and a new Proclamation will have to be issued if KC III is to be on the obverse of the bullion.

They do specifically say there was no plan to do a KCIII in bullion finish. 

I’ve had to try and explain the details of coins to customer services before. Clearly they don’t employ customer services people that actually know about coins.

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

9 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

I think the person that replied is off their t!ts on something. 

They do specifically say there was no plan to do a KCIII in bullion finish. 

I’ve had to try and explain the details of coins to customer services before. Clearly they don’t employ customer services people that actually know about coins.

You would be surprised  that many people who work in this industry especially those at the front of of the business have zero interest in coins, know  nothing about the industry and don't care about the people buying the coins.  I'm not singling  anyone or any dealer or business.  It's just my experience I've found.  

It's impossible to know every fact and details about coins but you would have thought some people would at least do their homework or have some idea about the coins they are selling.  

Also these people I mention they are clues about the people buying coins they are all just "coin collectors"  which has a tweed jacket nerdy connotation and they see their customers as such......Yes we look like complaining, fact checking nerds to most of them. 

Theres so many different people buying coins for vastly different reasons, and It's really not that hard to speak to customers show a genuine interest in them get to know them and build some meaningful relationships most dealers struggle with this they just have a web site and just want their customers to click a button and the item turns up 2-3 days later without ever speaking to anyone.    

Don't get me wrong theres also some very good people in this industry who are extremely knowledgeable  but surprisingly they are the owners or someone who has a steak in the industry and not someone turning up for £9 per hour.

Yes, this is just a basic-wage social media rep, who won't have the information or confidence on the mint's plans for the series. They did a similar thing with the Griffin in the Queen's Beasts series - 2017 for bullion, 2021 for proof. There will be a bullion version of the panther eventually. As Dave mentioned above, a lot of people in the industry, and the mint, who do not know or care about coins, it's just a job, and the sheer number of products the mint releases (with weird discrepancies like this to boot) makes it quite difficult to keep up with.

Probably find that any of the Tudor beasts in proof with Queen Elizabeth on won’t be done as bullion. No problem with that for the mint. 🤔😮

On 13/02/2024 at 02:20, modofantasma said:

What if there were another change of monarch before the end of 2027 or maybe 2028 by the time the sets done? 🤔

Then it may go down in history as a truly unique set and I won't feel like I wasted 2 grand on the reverse proof sets?