• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

1 hour ago, SovereignBull said:

Do you have a line on the rim after the II and between the D?

Its there on all of them even on the Royal Mint website of the coins. Also on historical coins too but done better.

Edited by Taikonaut

2 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

Its there on all of them even on the Royal Mint website of the coins. Also on historical coins too but done better.

Yeah spoke to a few others so that’s obvs acceptable the mark by the tail isn’t though. Really wants this to be good! Oh well back to just buying gold bullion! 

Just to note. Been in touch with royal mint customer services and they’ve been superb.

The Royal Mint get absolutely everything spot on apart from the quality of the coin!

The quality of the packaging to the way they ship the product is second to none (don’t ask me about the Brit/lib 1/40th!)

such a shame they have blind people in QC

After a close inspection I noticed this also the lettering on the rim some of it isn’t centred has any one else who owns a 10 oz seen this ?

IMG_1050.jpeg

Edited by Steve66
Better image

3 minutes ago, Steve66 said:

After a close inspection I noticed this also the lettering on the rim some of it isn’t centred has any one else who owns a 10 oz seen this ?

IMG_1050.jpeg

I think the PF70 version of these coins will be few and far between!

18 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Wee day trip out to see CrazyDave in Blackpool, had a lucky win in the coin pusher... CrazyDave said he'd send them to America, where they'll put them in a different plastic container! That Dave, he crazy!!!

20240309_121539.thumb.jpg.0a99745d408829cb746d132a3e914921.jpg

I thought you’d have a few more silver ones😄

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

10 hours ago, goldhunter said:

This coin is DOA.

Sending mine back due to quality issues and not requesting a replacement

I don’t understand how RM get it wrong every time and can not be sure that all these coins are in perfect condition before they send them out to customers, it’s only 200 gold coins ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Goldfever20

Just opened my 2oz silvers and they look outstanding and absolutely perfect .

Off to get them graded now. 
Sorry might be a stupid question but would you send the capsule or take the coin out and place it in a flip and then send the coin. 
thanks in advance 

8 hours ago, Taikonaut said:

For me the gold 2oz has the most potential but the above if you include ebay fees the seller actually made a loss.

Maybe the seller got that coin at trade price, i.e., below RRP?

5 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Maybe the seller got that coin at trade price, i.e., below RRP?

My guess is this (very low feedback) seller took a punt, listing a coin he doesn't have, so will be unable to complete the sale ;)

Interestingly, he has listed another 2oz for a much higher BIN price... hmmm... [https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126348710638]

16 hours ago, Goldfever20 said:

I don’t understand how RM get it wrong every time and can not be sure that all these coins are in perfect condition before they send them out to customers, it’s only 200 gold coins ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

I think the main thing is because they just don’t care. … it helps them massively. 

Aaaahhh😉

6 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

I think the main thing is because they just don’t care. … it helps them massively. 

They're proud of their low returns rate.

And while it remains low, it's not worth their effort improving quality. They can just pump this stuff out, knowing that most of it will be accepted regardless.

When something has a £2k premium, I think they can justify having someone spend a full 2 minutes looking at the coin for defects.

But they don't.

1 hour ago, Darr3nG said:

My guess is this (very low feedback) seller took a punt, listing a coin he doesn't have, so will be unable to complete the sale ;)

Interestingly, he has listed another 2oz for a much higher BIN price... hmmm... [https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126348710638]

Sounds about right. I see there's one in hand already on eBay also 

1 hour ago, Jeffers46 said:

Has anyone had a 5 oz dispatched yet?

My 5oz appears to be holding my 2oz coin hostage. Cant wait to see this coin in the flesh, photos so far look amazing

I am the same the 5 oz is holding back the 2 oz, I had a 2oz come through separately, the Reverse was stunning absolutely perfect, the edge lettering fully frosted,

turned it over to the obverse, completely scratched up counted at least seven different marks all visible to the naked eye, will be sending it back at the end off the week.     

Just found this image

This looks more like a kilo rather than the 5 or 10 oz coins, not sure if this has been mentioned before, however this is first time I have seen the image. 

old-new-george-the-dragon-coins-2.jpg

Edited by Wampum

5 minutes ago, Wampum said:

Just found this image

This looks more like a kilo rather than the 5 or 10 oz coins, not sure if this has been mentioned before, however this is first time I have seen the image. 

old-new-george-the-dragon-coins-2.jpg

Pretty sure those images are of the 5oz.

7 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Pretty sure those images are of the 5oz.

Hope so, just looked at a 5 oz I have on hand, and it does look comparable.        

17 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Was always expecting the 5oz to be last out … but at what point do you start worrying 🤣

Well, last time it took half a year since release ...to cancel 5oz denomination.