• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Black Friday Weekend

Gordy

Just now, James32 said:

I mean being charged extra 

Ah OK.

I don't know how that would even work.  The card charges are one-offs.  They can't just arbitrarily take more money from your card, unless you pre-authorise it.  Can only think it would work if you held an account with them.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

Just a thought, for the person I know got charged and extra £220 on a 10 bar (£5620) purchase

I know some credit cards charge you as a cash transaction for buying from the Royal Mint, an this works out to 3.9% which is about right for a cash charge.  I have messaged the person to see if they can tell but thought I would mention it here

Edited by Orpster

2 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Ah OK.

I don't know how that would even work.  The card charges are one-offs.  They can't just arbitrarily take more money from your card, unless you pre-authorise it.  Can only think it would work if you held an account with them.

Yeah I would assume same. Might be card charging cash fee.

Just now, Orpster said:

Just a thought for the person I know got charged and extra £220 on a 10 bar (£5620) purchase

I know some credit cards charge you as a cash transaction for buying from the Royal Mint, an this works out to 3.9% which is about right for  cash charge.  I have messaged the person to see if they can tell but thought I would mention it here

Just thinking same 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

They told me that they are able to sell them so cheaply because they have developed a cutting edge new way to copper spot the bars to the same standard the silver milk spots.

They are very excited about this new development

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

36 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

They told me that they are able to sell them so cheaply because they have developed a cutting edge new way to copper spot the bars to the same standard the silver milk spots.

They are very excited about this new development

Can't expect much at spot price😉

Edited by 9x883

8 minutes ago, dmcac said:

I ordered 8x 5g bars with delivery to Portugal... It said delivery total £12.50 but didn't even charge me for delivery.... I wanna see what's coming from this order 😂

Empty cards I'm afraid with a cashew inside for nostalgia 

In a few days time people will have the cheapest or the most expensive 5 g bars in the UK.

It will make penny punching over arguing who  pays the postage on a sovereign look like a walk in the park.

Edited by Dankanugget
Spelling

I had an afro back then..

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

1 hour ago, dmcac said:

I ordered 8x 5g bars with delivery to Portugal... It said delivery total £12.50 but didn't even charge me for delivery.... I wanna see what's coming from this order 😂

If memory serves me well, imported gold bars into the EU aren’t exempt from duties and vat charges. I’m afraid you’re in for a surprise. 😭 

Edited by Ignorant

10 minutes ago, Ignorant said:

If memory serves me well, imported gold bars into the EU aren’t exempt from duties and vat charges. I’m afraid you’re in for a surprise. 😭 

Whaaat really??? 😯 I thought it was vat free. It's gold... 😯 Ohhh no thanks for letting me know. I'll have a look and try to change it if I can. 

15 minutes ago, dmcac said:

Whaaat really??? 😯 I thought it was vat free. It's gold... 😯 Ohhh no thanks for letting me know. I'll have a look and try to change it if I can. 

It is VAT free across the Europe if is 24k purity

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk