• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tavex

33 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Some good points. If I may add some personal comments from my time here.

Tavex’s @TavexBullion range is small but one one the best. Bought from them and they tick the boxes of price, quality and delivery. They are my guide for bars on pricing.

Sigma Verifier are around £910 from @Fadeingstarwith all the wands. Worth every penny.

You really need to differentiate TSF with Flea-Bay and Facebook groups. It’s chalk and cheese. To get the real quality deals, you need to be a paid member and listings usually sell very quickly before it becomes available to standard members. You also have sellers selling bulk buys of normally hard to find worldwide coins/rounds/bars (example @Panda6Pack)You post a wanted listing and you are likely to get a response and fair price below Bullion Dealer’s pricing.

Paid buyers here have an excellent reputation within the PM community and are not looking to earn a quick £ from deceit or false representation. It is a big ’No No’ and will be called out and scolded by everyone. This is not Flea-Bay. Reputation, integrity and honesty separates us from the rest. I cannot over emphasise this.You will also see many YouTube channels who proudly mention TSF and are associated with the site. From BYB @BackyardBullionto GoldDiggerDave @GoldDiggerDave, you need to look at the overall picture. Buyers, Sellers, Grading,Pouring, it’s all here with member’s experiences.

TSF also has experienced Admin and owner @ChrisSilverwho runs a tight ship. Issues are resolved or expulsion. No nonsense. 

Normal insured cost (SD)from buying a 1oz Gold Coin is £6.55. If you take into account, your tube return and time spent then that’s cheap.

Just my opinion of course and my experience.

well said, that man.... wise, you are, young Padewan

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 hour ago, Gordy said:

if you go  into Tavex shop to buy make sure you take I.D....

Thanks.

My passport expired a year or so back and I was going to renew it in March but then saw that they were going on strike for 5 weeks, so I still haven't got around to renewing it yet. I also hit problems trying to change my driving licence address as without a current valid passport you can't use the automated/online approach to do that. Mostly the reason I haven't dropped into Tavex yet (you need to make a appointment), as I wouldn't be bothered with visiting them without ID (passport, utility bills (new and former address), driving licence, bank statements etc.).

I also have yet to register with HMRC as gold purchase in a single year is going to be more than the £10K (whatever) figure. I believe the dealer (Tavex) also record such details as a part of law.

Still striving to grasp the law requirements, such as section 7.4 in https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gold-acquisitions-imports-investments-and-vat-notice-70121#sect13 internet sales 'force of law' requirements. Doesn't make any statement as to about cash sales, where for instance I might Western Union cash transfer as cash to a seller for gold coins, in which case as the buyer sending cash the seller only needs the tracking number and to bring ID to the Western Union outlet named in the transfer in order to collect the cash. I guess that as the buyer just recording the transfer number is enough, as that's all that is available anyway and that any investigation would then fall upon that Western Union agent/outlet in regard to whom the cash was actually paid to (I believe they are expected to record a copy of the passport as part of record keeping).

Things used to be so much simpler, few paid any income taxes as otherwise that involved to much breaching of individuals privacy. Nowadays individuals privacy rights have pretty much been thrown away to the extent that if you do desire privacy its assumed your up to illegal activities. Which sadly leaves the population in effect living in a Open Prison, totally monitored/controlled by the state/others, along with added complexities such as fitting in within legal requirements. Unlikely anyone really fits within all legal requirements such that everyone is guilty one way or another and the state can just decide whom/when they actually raise such issues/matters with each individual.

At first I was tempted by the 'what gold?' path. My money and none of anyone else's business. But then realised that with the way things are headed that could  result in gold, cash and other assets being confiscated due to presumed illegal activities, even though a genuine and above-board intent. OK whilst hidden and not sold/moved, but problematic as/when you or heirs may sell/move some or all of it. So as I see it you have to keep good records and be able to demonstrate where the cash came from to buy gold, and where the cash proceeds of selling gold were banked.  A pet hatred of that, as when others know where and how much your wealth is, then its no longer really your wealth but there's, a loan, open to being fully or partially confiscated at any time. A enslaved population when slavery is suggested as having been abolished!

On 01/06/2023 at 15:44, VinylSloth said:

Anyone got their own 1g gold seems very cheap?

Yes.  It's actually made by Nadir Refinery.  They sell it cheap as a sort of flagship item.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, CoinBug said:

Has anyone ever noticed that there is a spelling mistake on the reverse of the CertiPack of the Tavex 1g gold bars? The ‘g’ is missing from ‘packaging’.

well spotted, never noticed this before, and no, i have never removed from card

29 minutes ago, CoinBug said:

Has anyone ever noticed that there is a spelling mistake on the reverse of the CertiPack of the Tavex 1g gold bars? The ‘g’ is missing from ‘packaging’.

I was also wondering if anyone has ever removed the Tavex 1g gold bar from the plastic card to confirm its weight and gold content?

Would like to buy some of these but am hesitant to do so at the moment.

Cool kids innit bruv. 'Packagin' 😆 

Could always buy one extra and remove yourself to alleviate fears, then sell for £2 less

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 hours ago, CoinBug said:

I emailed Tavex and got a quick response which is as follows:

“As for the spelling mistake, we are aware. I have been informed that it is a security feature. Strange one I know but I don’t think we will be changing it.”

12 minutes ago, CoinBug said:

I emailed Tavex and got a quick response which is as follows:

“As for the spelling mistake, we are aware. I have been informed that it is a security feature. Strange one I know but I don’t think we will be changing it.”

that's a new one on me..... oh well, it is unique I guess...... 

I’m a sucker for gold, so I’ve ordered ten. Not sure how long I will resist the urge to open one up. At £54.62 each (plus delivery), it seems worth a punt. Especially as I was going to pay over £57.00 each last week for ten even with the Silver Forum discount code. 

Edited by CoinBug
Added “for gold”.

I also have the 1 gram  bars and always wanna add one to my order but it just doesn’t look like a gram like the pamp ones I have I love taxex brilliant service but yes I might take one out to weigh it does anyone know the best way to take it out 

Edited by BipolarStacker