• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

3D printed custom coin tubed

most of my day is spent staring at 4 screens full of numbers and placing bets on horses and football teams (neither of which i follow or have any ideas about)

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

18 minutes ago, bobski said:

i'll send you the half test sheet for your feedback and it should help me to calibrate for both anyway

Sounds good!

Are you looking for a tight fit so you can add your margin on top or do you want a bit of leeway when I'm measuring?

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

2 minutes ago, stackerp5 said:

Sounds good!

Are you looking for a tight fit so you can add your margin on top or do you want a bit of leeway when I'm measuring?

How you would like a real sovereign to feel/fit in a set hole. So, either all of my sovereigns fit nicely in this hole, or if your sovereign doesn't have a tiny bit of wiggle in this hole then it's fake"

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

7 hours ago, NGMD said:

Appreciate you are a fine engineer but maybe look at the cost of raw material, print time cost and whether you can get a clear material for tubes. Might be a little expensive. Just my uneducated opinion of course.

Yeah I’ve already looked at that. Every 3D file I create, I slice in cura and label the print time and how many grams of material. Have looked at clear PLA but that’s a way down the line in my process. Just need to get a design together first. I wanted to give back to a couple of helpful members on here and that’s why I initially wanted to create something, just to say thank you 

11 minutes ago, bobski said:

How you would like a real sovereign to feel/fit in a set hole. So, either all of my sovereigns fit nicely in this hole, or if your sovereign doesn't have a tiny bit of wiggle in this hole then it's fake"

Is this for a tube or for the tester?

Depending on price I'd be interested in a half sov tube ;)

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

54 minutes ago, stackerp5 said:

Is this for a tube or for the tester?

Depending on price I'd be interested in a half sov tube ;)

i'm looking to make tubes AND a sov tester at he moment mate. started off as a " I'd like to help out" and progressed to a sov tester gauge and Happy to look at ideas

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Bigbug said:

Sorry to hijack your thread but maybe you'd like these.

The box fits 8 sovs and 1 half. I may edit it further to fit a brit in aswell because why not. 

The sizer I saw another member with a similar one so made something similar however added a scale. 

20230512_221403.jpg

20230512_221318.jpg

20230512_221231.jpg

20230512_221204.jpg

Nice work there mate! Feel free to hijack any time. It's very much appreciated and welcomed

1 minute ago, ady said:

Just thought of my testing equipment, how about some pingers!

image.thumb.jpeg.4edb41251931e8bf8cbb43c03a6f2211.jpeg

I've made a couple of different ping testers. I've seen that particular design on YouTube. How do you find it? What would you change about it?

3 minutes ago, bobski said:

How do you find it? What would you change about it?

It is really just another tool in the box. Its beauty is the simplicity and size and not sure I could think of an improvement. I am looking for another as a gift and am not paying the prices I have seen them at, for an item similar to something one would get out of a cereal packet!

32 minutes ago, ady said:

Just thought of my testing equipment, how about some pingers!

image.thumb.jpeg.4edb41251931e8bf8cbb43c03a6f2211.jpeg

I made one of these aswell minus the silicone parts but it didn't work as. Good as I'd have hoped. 

18 minutes ago, ady said:

It is really just another tool in the box. Its beauty is the simplicity and size and not sure I could think of an improvement. I am looking for another as a gift and am not paying the prices I have seen them at, for an item similar to something one would get out of a cereal packet!

How much did you pay for it?

Just now, ady said:

From memory I think I got 2 for £5, but I do a lot of markets and sales buying and selling.

Decent price to be fair

18 minutes ago, ady said:

They look great. If you went for a finer pinch you could add silicone covers they use for tweezers to get the grip!

I guess earbud tips or apple pencil tips I could work into a design. unless you know what tips yours has?

2 hours ago, Bigbug said:

Sorry to hijack your thread but maybe you'd like these.

The box fits 8 sovs and 1 half. I may edit it further to fit a brit in aswell because why not. 

The sizer I saw another member with a similar one so made something similar however added a scale. 

20230512_221403.jpg

20230512_221318.jpg

20230512_221231.jpg

20230512_221204.jpg

That box also fits 2 microSD cards lol 😉

25 minutes ago, bobski said:

I guess earbud tips or apple pencil tips I could work into a design. unless you know what tips yours has?

I have some spare silicon tips you may find a use for. I use them for a thing called Kirchner Wires to protect sharp points.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 minute ago, NGMD said:

I have some spare silicon tips you may find a use for. I use them for a thing called Kirchner Wires to protect sharp points.

Do you have a link to the ones you have mate? Or a spec sheet?