• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

3D printed custom coin tubed

Not really sure where to post this. I’ve started experimenting with designs for 3D printed coin tubes. This design is for 5 x 1oz Britannia coins or similar

133E650D-4C4B-440D-86FC-C878ADBD48FE.jpeg

@James32 @Fenlander1

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Just now, James32 said:

Sovereign tubes with the TSF logo will sell like water?

will need to get a logo file from Chris. He hasn't replied yet so no guarantees. Also need the dimensions for a sovereign tube. With capsules or without capsules? How many in a tube? Screwtop?

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Screen grab logo-Trace-Export to stl file.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

6 minutes ago, bobski said:

will need to get a logo file from Chris. He hasn't replied yet so no guarantees. Also need the dimensions for a sovereign tube. With capsules or without capsules? How many in a tube? Screwtop?

Obviously check with @ChrisSilver like you're doing, but anything that gets the name out is a positive. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, NGMD said:

Screen grab logo-Trace-Export to stl file.

No decent logo file. Need a high resolution one to make it worthwhile. No point in adding logo if it looks c**p. Also, wouldn’t use logo without chris’ permission 

Just now, James32 said:

Obviously check with @ChrisSilver like you're doing, but anything that gets the name out is a positive. 

Exactly. I wouldn’t do it without his permission as you know mate

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

25 in a tube 

Dimensions here without capsules..just add a millimetre or so to internal diameter. 

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/full-sovereign-gold-coin/bullion-gold-sovereign/

So, you’re saying 25 sovs naked without tubes yeah?

And yes of course I’ll add to the diameter. You’d want to be able to get your coins out! Lol

3 minutes ago, bobski said:

No decent logo file. Need a high resolution one to make it worthwhile. No point in adding logo if it looks c**p. Also, wouldn’t use logo without chris’ permission 

Exactly. I wouldn’t do it without his permission as you know mate

Definitely permission-no dispute.

BYB has a logo and maybe suitable.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

How about a watch Roll flip design with slots vertically instead of horizontally. 
Coloured for sizes.

-Royal Mint 2024

1 minute ago, NGMD said:

How about a watch Roll flip design with slots vertically instead of horizontally. 
Coloured for sizes.

Got an example?

There’s nothing like it, that’s why I said it.

-Royal Mint 2024

Don’t know what a watch roll flip is. I’m just a simple engineer lol 😂 

Googled it. I get ya now

Replace watch grooves with coin recesses top and bottom.

B21C4596-7D8A-4E6B-A4EE-C39E09F3A90D.jpeg

-Royal Mint 2024

23 minutes ago, bobski said:

So, you’re saying 25 sovs naked without tubes yeah?

And yes of course I’ll add to the diameter. You’d want to be able to get your coins out! Lol

Yeah people that want capsules will likely go for see through air-tite ones.

So I'd imagine 25 naked in a tube like the royal mint ones with tsf logo will do well 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Yeah people that want capsules will likely go for see through air-tite ones.

So I'd imagine 25 naked in a tube like the royal mint ones with tsf logo will do well 

sorry, i meant caps!

will get the tube and lid design right before any logo addition

3 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Interesting idea. I'm not upto date with the idea of printing but is it something that could be customised relatively easily once you've got the spec of the tube itself? 

Relatively, yes. Once I’ve designed the tube and lid itself, I’d have to take a logo and convert it to a 3D file and then merge the 2. Hope that makes sense

Just now, bobski said:

Relatively, yes. Once I’ve designed the tube and lid itself, I’d have to take a logo and convert it to a 3D file and then merge the 2. Hope that makes sense

Thanks, yes I'm with you. I've 2 different types of tubes one is the royal mint sovereign tube which @James32 linked to earlier, they can hold up to 30 naked full sovs, then the other tubes I have fit the sovs that are in capsules and they are deep enough to hold 20 sovs or quarter oz in caps. The outer diameter of the caps I have is about 30mm

4 minutes ago, bobski said:

Appreciate you are a fine engineer but maybe look at the cost of raw material, print time cost and whether you can get a clear material for tubes. Might be a little expensive. Just my uneducated opinion of course.

-Royal Mint 2024

Currently designing a calibration jig to send out to one of you. anyone got a bunch of half sovs they can test in this, so i can get the opening right for a sov/ half sov pocket tester? will be adding more diameters and a bunch of slots too.

Will obviously be doing a full sov jig too, so will be doing a sov calibration jig so someone to test for me.

half sov cal screenshot.png

3 minutes ago, bobski said:

Currently designing a calibration jig to send out to one of you. anyone got a bunch of half sovs they can test in this, so i can get the opening right for a sov/ half sov pocket tester? will be adding more diameters and a bunch of slots too.

Will obviously be doing a full sov jig too, so will be doing a sov calibration jig so someone to test for me.

half sov cal screenshot.png

@Fenlander1 this is entirely your fault lol