• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

3D printed custom coin tubed

Just now, bobski said:

Do you have a link to the ones you have mate? Or a spec sheet?

Not to hand, but I will find out Monday, take some pics and you are welcome to them. I buy a lot of tubes/containers/caps from a company called Rose Plastics. 

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

18 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Not to hand, but I will find out Monday, take some pics and you are welcome to them. I buy a lot of tubes/containers/caps from a company called Rose Plastics. 

Got any fish antibiotics? 😉

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

5 minutes ago, bobski said:

Got any fish antibiotics? 😉

Lost me on that. 🤪

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 minute ago, NGMD said:

Lost me on that. 🤪

Assumed you were a vet, based on your YouTube channel (with 1 video), and you talking about Kirchner Wires lol

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

You tube should have about 15 training videos etc. stacks of catalogue downloads and other outrageous patents I designed. If you have the right site😁

you need ketamine….

-Royal Mint 2024

3 minutes ago, NGMD said:

You tube should have about 15 training videos etc. stacks of catalogue downloads and other outrageous patents I designed. If you have the right site😁

you need ketamine….

it was just the one you used to comment on cobras video lol. Never a fan of drugs like ketamine to be honest. Bit of a lightweight for a big dude. Antibiotics though, a very useful prep! (also saves me hours of phone calls and 2 visits to out of hours doctor to get them when I already know I need them. I've had this body 44 years and I know when I need them, weirdly.

4 minutes ago, bobski said:

it was just the one you used to comment on cobras video lol. Never a fan of drugs like ketamine to be honest. Bit of a lightweight for a big dude. Antibiotics though, a very useful prep! (also saves me hours of phone calls and 2 visits to out of hours doctor to get them when I already know I need them. I've had this body 44 years and I know when I need them, weirdly.

Problem with antibiotics if you abuse them your body gets used to them. Then when you really need them…..you’re fudged.

Let’s stick to your 3d stuff.

PM later.

-Royal Mint 2024

17 minutes ago, bobski said:

Assumed you were a vet, based on your YouTube channel (with 1 video), and you talking about Kirchner Wires lol

That’s not me though. Vet of the year.

-Royal Mint 2024

4 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Out of interest what software do you use for design?

I use freecad for everything I do.it's got a wealth of add ons you can download for creating threading for nuts and bolts. Haven't been stuck with it yet. It makes most things pretty easily.

7 hours ago, Bigbug said:

I use freecad for everything I do.it's got a wealth of add ons you can download for creating threading for nuts and bolts. Haven't been stuck with it yet. It makes most things pretty easily.

Thanks, can this program directly run your printer? 

The reason I am asking is that I would like to have a go but would like to try and avoid paying a subscription. 

56 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Thanks, can this program directly run your printer? 

The reason I am asking is that I would like to have a go but would like to try and avoid paying a subscription. 

You design your 3D model in that software (or similar). Then you prepare (or ‘slice’) the model in another piece of software (such as cura). Then you add that sliced file to your 3D printer with an SD card (in most cases)

2 hours ago, bobski said:

You design your 3D model in that software (or similar). Then you prepare (or ‘slice’) the model in another piece of software (such as cura). Then you add that sliced file to your 3D printer with an SD card (in most cases)

Cheers, I run a laser cutter. Same thing, can use open source software for the design but to run it on the cutter is the expensive bit and when I looked at updating my machine to a newer version it all seems to be a monthly subscription. 

• 1 month later...

What ever happened here. Did you ever make these tubes or the sovereign scales?

One of my neignbour is into 3D printing to a point that he has made his own 3D printer. If anyone needs something printed and has plans let me know. 

Never Chase and Never Regret 

5 hours ago, Spyder said:

What ever happened here. Did you ever make these tubes or the sovereign scales?

One of my neignbour is into 3D printing to a point that he has made his own 3D printer. If anyone needs something printed and has plans let me know. 

Chris said no to the TSF logo being used. I've made myself storage and a cool device for checking specific gravity on coins. Not had the time to devote to designing anything lately. Feel free to leave ideas or comments on this thread though mate.