• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

2 hours ago, refero said:

the Sotd will be a 1800-2000 gbp coin. If figures are accurate, out of 1260 minted, how many will be available on the market on regular basis? 

Mine not for sure.

I bet there are out there hundreds of collectors that will just keep their Sotd and will never ever sell.  And for the few ones available there will immediately be hundreds of collector willing to add it immediately to their collection

No room for regular traders imho

And i dont think the proof release will change that. Assuming the only difference being the plain edge, this Sotd will be always linked to the specific day of coronation, no matter how many generic 2023 proof will be around

The proof set will likely not change how sotd performs, but I think there is potential for the proof to perform just as well. The special obverse/reverse sovereigns have always performed well.

Someone a while ago speculated about a Wyon St. George & Dragon as the EIC has done. I must say this is wishful thinking but if indeed made would have huge upsides.

1oz Gold Coronation been in and out of stock. Picked one up.❤️

Just browsed the site and it became available. Trickling a few in/out of stock which is strange considering a 500 mintage.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

5 hours ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

The proof set will likely not change how sotd performs, but I think there is potential for the proof to perform just as well. The special obverse/reverse sovereigns have always performed well.

Someone a while ago speculated about a Wyon St. George & Dragon as the EIC has done. I must say this is wishful thinking but if indeed made would have huge upsides.

That was me.

Since the EIC produced WW’s G&D this year but the RM didn’t as part of the Great Engravers series, I suggested they were perhaps saving it for the 2023 Coronation Sovereign so it would be special.

But I suppose since they (very brilliantly!) came up with the idea of the crowned portrait, they chose to stick with the standard G&D design.

It means they can use WW’s G&D design for the Great Engravers series in the future.

Seems to me like a win-win all around. 

6 hours ago, NGMD said:

1oz Gold Coronation been in and out of stock. Picked one up.❤️

Just browsed the site and it became available. Trickling a few in/out of stock which is strange considering a 500 mintage.

You do right.

If I had more funds, I would have bought the 1 oz too.

Good choice! 👍 

On 25/04/2023 at 06:51, westminstrel said:

Here are some from 2017 onwards that I remember:

- 200th Anniversary of the Sovereign

- Platinum Wedding Anniversary of the Queen and Prince Philip

- Sapphire Jubilee of the Queen’s Accession

- Sapphire Jubilee of the Queen’s Coronation

- Prince George’s 5th Birthday

- 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Queen Victoria

- 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Prince Albert

- Withdrawal from the European Union (Brexit)

- 75th Anniversary of Victory in Europe

- 75th Anniversary of Victory over Japan

- Queen’s 95th Birthday

- Platinum Jubilee of the Queen’s Accession

- Coronation of King Charles

Of course you remember them!  You just roll up your sleeves and there they are, tattooed on both of your arms!

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

Just now, Midasfrog said:

Strange that the RM website says limited edition of 300 for the 2oz gold and the COA says maximum of 106 

the standard proof is 300, this is the matt proof 100 mintage 

the matt was not available for general release on the web site 

59 minutes ago, Paul said:

I might send it back cos its not a reverse proof as promised 

It must be a difficult decision as it is a lot of money and not what you were expecting.  There must be a danger that the RM is going to ruin the market with all these variations.