• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What do you think the purity of this nugget is? Just for fun

2 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

@GoldDiggerDave Hi, Have you forgotten about this post?…..🤬

On 10/02/2023 at 21:42, Spyder said:

Has the OP forgotten about giving us the answer.

This is like one of those 5 day Dutch auctions.

Nope.!!!

In fact, @GoldDiggerDave have not any clue about the purity of this nugget.

Look what he said on the main page:

"......., @CoinStruck sent me this Western Australian gold nugget. It weights 0.826g"...

He never mentioned that the nugget ever arrived and/or been tested.

So, another few words said by OP give me a weird sensation that all of us just wasted our time for a childish joke:

"Just for a bit of fun..." said @GoldDiggerDave on 8th of February...

giphy - 2023-01-26T124608.484.gif

@stefffana @dicker @Britannia47   @CoinStruckThe results........... I was genuinely expecting to find more contamination/more elements within the XRF test.   It's known that Western Australian gold is more pure in its un refined state than Northern American gold for example   The results are as follows......

Result          

97.37 Au       

2.55 Ag         

0.08 Fe

This was run for a full cycle and no other trace elements were detected. 

I've love to build a sovereign "DNA" database to see if there is a detectable difference between Perth sovereigns and Canadian mint sovereigns for example. 

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I find its crazy that it's so pure.  I thought it would have more trace elements even in parts 1000's or 10,000's 

When you watch then Australian gold mining  shows, in the outback, they seem to have the purest of gold in their nuggets.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

I'm good

image.png.eec83e7b53a49129d2b2c2cb1ee1d8cb.pngim better!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

97.37%

Did I won?

Fooking bluffer

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

49 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@stefffana @dicker @Britannia47   @CoinStruckThe results........... I was genuinely expecting to find more contamination/more elements within the XRF test.   It's known that Western Australian gold is more pure in its un refined state than Northern American gold for example   The results are as follows......

Result          

97.37 Au       

2.55 Ag         

0.08 Fe

This was run for a full cycle and no other trace elements were detected. 

I've love to build a sovereign "DNA" database to see if there is a detectable difference between Perth sovereigns and Canadian mint sovereigns for example. 

Well, here's a start -

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-xrf-gold-tester.html?SearchText=xrf+gold+tester

I would hazard a guess that the X-ray tubes are actually made by third parties.  If you could find out what models of tubes they take and identify a second source for the tube, one of the Chinese ones might be worth getting.  This might take a little bit of digging.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

8 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

Well, here's a start -

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-xrf-gold-tester.html?SearchText=xrf+gold+tester

I would hazard a guess that the X-ray tubes are actually made by third parties.  If you could find out what models of tubes they take and identify a second source for the tube, one of the Chinese ones might be worth getting.  This might take a little bit of digging.

Those are just the cheap ones 😁 

9 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

I wonder,how many people clicked that link and have been off on a tangent looking at all other things. I hope I haven't missed a deal why I was away.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Those are just the cheap ones 😁 

Gotta start somewhere.  I suspect a full-fat one might even cause your missus to break a sweat.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.