• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi friends, I found this silver 1 oz Britannia Elizabeth II Silver Coin | 2023  - for £22.80  -   what do you think?  good buy?   for investment purposes .

shabs

You will have to pay import taxes/VAT on that coin, and at £22.80 it would work out at a minimum of £27.36 with just the VAT added on, which is still below prices in the UK, but when you add on shipping, processing fee and import duties it wouldn't make it cost effective 

16 minutes ago, shabs said:

Hi friends,

I'm new to investing in Bullion - I found this silver 1 oz Britannia Elizabeth II Silver Coin | 2023  - for £22.80  -   what do you think?  good buy?   for investment purposes .

https://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/britannia/1-oz-britannia-elizabeth-ii-silver-coin-2023/

It looks like a bargain...

... until you go to checkout:

Shipping price:£15.95
Total Price (including delivery): £38.37
IMPORT DUTIES NOT INCLUDED

Although there will be no "import duties", you will probably have to pay VAT,which might be 20% of the total cost, adding another £7.67, subtotal £46.04, and there may also be a shipper's customs handling fee.

Does this answer your question?

Do you really want a QEII?

This offer is for KCIII:

https://www.chards.co.uk/2023-king-charles-iii-silver-britannia-bullion-1oz-coin/17653

Quantity Premium Price Per Item (Exc. VAT) Price Per Item (Inc. VAT) Total (Inc. VAT) Est UK Delivery
£3.50
£23.03
£27.64
£27.64 £3.50
£3.45
£22.98
£27.58
£137.90 £6.00
£3.45
£22.98
£27.58
£275.80 £6.00
£3.40
£22.93
£27.52
£688.00 £6.00
£3.20
£22.73
£27.28
£1,364.00 £11.00
£3.10
£22.63
£27.16
£2,716.00 £27.60
£3.10
£22.63
£27.16
£6,790.00 £30.60
£3.10
£22.63
£27.16
£13,580.00 £50.20
1000+
£3.10
£22.63
£27.16
£27,160.00 £100.40

So, for 1 piece £27.64 + £3.50 = £31.11

Your choice?

... and don't ask for free postage!

😎

Chards

4 minutes ago, daca said:

and if you type in bankpayment on coupon code you get a 1.4% reduction for doing direct BT

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

6 hours ago, shabs said:

Hi friends,

I'm new to investing in Bullion - I found this silver 1 oz Britannia Elizabeth II Silver Coin | 2023  - for £22.80  -   what do you think?  good buy?   for investment purposes .

https://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/britannia/1-oz-britannia-elizabeth-ii-silver-coin-2023/

The days of cheap EU silver for average UK punters have gone. The EU dealers send it you VAT free but customs will add it on at the border. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, Gordy said:

are the new ones with the king on

Hey Gordy, but as an investor, i want most value for my £.    so does it make a difference which one I get? ..  when it comes to re-selling it vs cost to buy etc? thanks!

2 minutes ago, shabs said:

Hey Gordy, but as an investor, i want most value for my £.    so does it make a difference which one I get? ..  when it comes to re-selling it vs cost to buy etc? thanks!

for stacking, cheaper is better

3 hours ago, shabs said:

While the intrinsic silver value on both will always be the same, there is an interest to these particular Britannia's which others don't have.

You can either have the very last Brit with the queens head on it.  Or the very first Brit with the Kings head on it.  If selling privately, rather than at 'scrap', that could make a difference to value and demand.  (I'm tempted to buy both to hedge my bets lol!)

Also, you may or may not know, brand new silver & platinum coins have VAT added in the UK.  However brand new gold coins are VAT-free.  This often makes gold better value for money when buying new.  

46 minutes ago, shabs said:

@Gordy @Minted this is the cheapest one i found?   https://www.chards.co.uk/secondary-market-silver-britannia-coins/11811

Can i get cheaper on this forum? or is this the best i will get from chards?

get a silver membership Shabs, have a proper look around and patience is the key

2 hours ago, shabs said:

@Gordy @Minted this is the cheapest one i found?   https://www.chards.co.uk/secondary-market-silver-britannia-coins/11811

Can i get cheaper on this forum? or is this the best i will get from chards?

You will often have to wait to get secondary market silver bullion coins, as they usually fly out quicker than we can buy them!

Nothing wrong with buying on TSF!

😎

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

Nothing wrong with buying on TSF!

Put your money were your typing hand is 😆 

I find it almost insulting you have never made a purchase on here!! Over 18000 members and you have never seen anything you liked? I mean nothing? 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

I find it almost insulting you have never made a purchase on here!! Over 18000 members and you have never seen anything you liked? I mean nothing? 

I bet he'd even ask for a deal on the postage if he ever did...🤣

32 minutes ago, James32 said:

That's because I can always get a great deal from my LCS, or direct from RM, PM, etc

25 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

I bet he'd even ask for a deal on the postage if he ever did...🤣

I don't pay postage at my LCS, I collect instead,

or I can get free storage.

😎

Chards

5 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

and "probably" TSF needs a rules update "bullion dealers/ owners can point/ link their site/shop in comments a finite number per day"

PS: I swear that LawrenceChard message above reads as "free shipping for next 24 hours", probably just my Dislexia

😎

4 hours ago, daca said:

and "probably" TSF needs a rules update "bullion dealers/ owners can point/ link their site/shop in comments a finite number per day"

PS: I swear that LawrenceChard message above reads as "free shipping for next 24 hours", probably just my Dislexia

😎

I said "probably" because it would have required too muc effort to calculate all the quantity discount price breaks, at least our site make it quick and easy to see our premiums, so you can compare. Most other dealers don;t want to make it easy for obvious reasons.

Sometimes I point out Harrington and Byrne's loss-leader one per household per annum bullion sovereign price, and encourage all 18,000 TSF members to buy one, but exercise extreme caution with any of their other offers, or bait and switch suggestions.

I am all for people getting the best deal, and not getting ripped off!

😎

Chards