• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Member from UK - Hi all - Few newcomer questions also

Hi from cambridgeshire, 

I like the concept of saving and trading an object that doesn't lose value not to mention who doesn't like anything shiny.

Hope i will gain some knowledge through looking through this forums regularly. Im new to physical gold and silver but do have a number of stocks.

Questions i have - 

What postage do you guys use? tracked delivery?

Any advice on avoiding scams? i recently brought bullion and the guy wouldn't let me bank transfer as people request back the sent money as fraud and end up getting there money back etc.

Also are you using paypal or? 

Any advice appreciated thanks

Edited by Km93

Welcome aboard @Km93

Once your a bit more familiar I'd suggest a couple of things and I'm sure more will add...

• Decide what you want to stack if you haven't already, it's a slippery, expensive but imho rewarding slope
  • Documentation, a number of members have uploaded examples on how record your purchases, trades etc.
  • Storage, options on capsules, grading, safes, safety deposit boxes, treasure maps and boating accidents to name but a few...
  • Postage, RMSD is pretty much the default or buyers risk
  • Payment, Bank Transfer or PayPal F&F are generally accepted on TSF once you've built up a good reputation.

Defo familiarise yourself with the forum and be prepared for a few evenings reading up... you'll get all your answers and some just by investing a bit of time.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

Only Royal Mail special delivery covers bullion, so best to only use that when buying.  I will use signed for when selling for smaller inexpensive items but only at the buyers risk.

If you want to avoid scams, buy from established online dealers or established members on here or in other groups, avoid eBay and always do your due diligence.  I would recommend you invest in some tools if you intend buying in the secondary market, some digital scales and callipers as a minimum.

Bank transfer and PayPal are the most common payment methods on here.  

Welcome to the Forum.

With regards to postage only special delivery is insured by royal mail.  It can be expensive and so on smaller orders I tend to opt for 1st signed for.
With regards to avoiding scams I would suggest that you purchase on the forums buy and sell section or from an established coin dealer. I would never buy anything from eBay or facebook etc. Also some type of varification devices to measure the coins you recieve are what you are looking for. This could be accurate scales and calipers or something more advanced like the sigma precious metal varifier.
With regards to payment most are done using bank transfer or paypal. Some people accept crypto aswell

Hello and welcome from another fenland collector. I am relatively new myself and have found nothing but help and knowledge on the forum. All of the above points raised are excellent follow the advise and learn and you won't go far wrong.

Enjoy the crazy train

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme