• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1oz silver brits storage?

matt1r

How does everyone store there 1oz silver coins? They’re fine in capsules but what then? I can’t just chick them in a box, I could obviously just put them in tubes but would prefer not to. Suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by matt1r

Airtite red top is an option, but you may have to change capsules to suit. 

1 hour ago, matt1r said:

How does everyone store there 1oz silver coins? They’re fine in capsules but what then? I can’t just chick them in a box, I could obviously just put them in tubes but would prefer not to. Suggestions? Thanks.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Does silver/gold need to be stored in air tight containers.

Mine are all capsuled and stored with a few little gel packs to remove any moisture in the air.

Not that its stored in damp conditions.

4 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Does silver/gold need to be stored in air tight containers.

Mine are all capsuled and stored with a few little gel packs to remove any moisture in the air.

Not that its stored in damp conditions.

No not at all, that's just the brand name of the tubes,quite handy things although ridiculously overpriced for a piece of think plastic with a lid.

Any type of storage can fail in all honesty, a simple tupperware box with the anti moisture packs would suffice.

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

25 minutes ago, James32 said:

This is probably my best option could you show me the tubes/caps I need please

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

@Silverlocks has pictures i seen recently, he may even have some spare

I will say his name 2 more times to see what happens 🤣🤣

@Silverlocks

@Silverlocks

you-rang.gif

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

they are just silver bullion. stick em in tubes or just pile them up around your keyboard so they make you happy

untill we hit 400 pounds an ounce next week.  then wrap them in greaseproof paper and keep them in the oven at 50 degrees c 

Edited by CANV

So, I got a bunch of air tite tubes.  A couple of sov sized ones and a bunch of 'H' tubes.  You can get these on ebay for not painful but not terribly cheap prices either.  I've also got a few coinsafe tubes that I got on ebay.  These are the ones at the top of the stack pic with all the silver below.

This is an air tite 'A' tube with a 30mm internal diameter and some 22mm capsules for sovs.  The caps are air tites.

image.thumb.jpeg.f0ace3ba74fb88762d3a55c5115158e1.jpeg

This is an air tite 'H' tube with some brits in Lighthouse 39mm caps; the internal diameter of the tube is 46mm.  Note that the Lighthouse 40mm caps don't quite fit into these tubes, so you will have to find some other sort of caps (e.g. air tites) that does if you want to store Dollaridoos, ASE's or Libertads in these.  There are vendors flogging these tubes on Ebay at reasonable but not super cheap prices.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b94c1fc76deda9c9eba57583357a046b.jpeg

This is a coinsafe 40mm tube that I'm currently storing my dollaridoos in.  These can also be had off ebay for a few quid.  You can get these in various sizes, including 39mm ones that are the right size for Brits, Maples or Krugs.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5ffc32d78db7343fc3a1a96a9312016.jpeg

12 H tubes will fit cleanly into a 3l Really Useful Box

image.jpeg.9ae1d4aaf9bd73f8472d3ee7c64c81cf.jpeg

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

24 minutes ago, James32 said:

@Silverlocks has pictures i seen recently, he may even have some spare

I have many Lighthouse Ultra 40mm caps spare but they don't fit in H tubes.  However, if anyone wants some Lighthouse Ultra 40mm caps - which fit Dollaridoos, Silver Eagles, Libertads and various other coins of that size, feel free to PM me.  Maybe I should put up an ad for them.

6 minutes ago, Petra said:

If I was to ever be in this precious metal game as long as you have been then I may convert the spare bedroom into a strong room!

🤔😁🤡

Do you know how much even a small strongroom weighs?

If your spare bedroom is on the ground floor, it might be OK, but underground is far better!

😎

Chards