• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mail offering free parcel pick-up for up to 5 parcels as part of new scheme to promote Parcel Collect

Gordy

Dont know if anyone is aware of this but right now they are offering free pick up for up to 5 parcels

All you need to do is pay online for your postage and they'll collect it for nowt .......

Saves trips to the post office, i've used this before when only posting 1 item which is normally 60p and its dead easy... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 hour ago, Gordy said:

Dont know if anyone is aware of this but right now they are offering free pick up for up to 5 parcels

All you need to do is pay online for your postage and they'll collect it for nowt .......

Saves trips to the post office, i've used this before when only posting 1 item which is normally 60p and its dead easy... 

Yes,, but do they offer "free postage"?

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, Gordy said:

So a new charm offensive from the Royal Mail? That's cool, thanks for the heads up. I know they collected for free when they started the collection service, but after a while they began to charge.

Seems it didn't go down well to pay the postie to pick things up as well as drop stuff off lol 😆 

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

For me it's ball ache enough waiting for deliveries to come, do you have to wait for a different person to collect? Can't see the postman being able to collect while he's delivering. 

I got a PO BOX just so I don't have to keep waiting in all day for the special delivery by 1pm turning up at 3:45pm.

15 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

For me it's ball ache enough waiting for deliveries to come, do you have to wait for a different person to collect? Can't see the postman being able to collect while he's delivering. 

I got a PO BOX just so I don't have to keep waiting in all day for the special delivery by 1pm turning up at 3:45pm.

Last time I used this service, when it was first introduced, it was the postman who collected yes. Not sure if its the same these days. Hopefully @Gordy will know the answer.

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

2 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Last time I used this service, when it was first introduced, it was the postman who collected yes. Not sure if its the same these days. Hopefully @Gordy will know the answer.

first couple of times the lovely lady who drops off my stuff picked it up, now she does both, delivers and picks up but she has a van now to help her with her extra workload, other times it can be a random dude.... think it depends on the round as our round even though its in the city is quite small so probably easier

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

first couple of times the lovely lady who drops off my stuff picked it up, now she does both, delivers and picks up but she has a van now to help her with her extra workload, other times it can be a random dude.... think it depends on the round as our round even though its in the city is quite small so probably easier

Thanks for the info @Gordy, it kinda makes sense for them to have same person picking up and dropping off. Can't see them employing additional people to collect only, unless it takes off and everyone starts using their services 👍

Thanks for the heads up. I use this service regularly so will definitely take advantage. Whenever I've used it its always been the same person picking up that delivers the post. If you don't live in a sketchy area you can nominate a safe place in advance when booking the collection so you don't have to wait in all day.

I've used it a few times.

A drive into town, park up, walk, waiting in queue, petrol used, parking charges for some. Half hour lost you could be doing other things at home

The pick up price is more than fair if you have just one or two items to go.