• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

PF 3?

Fathallazf

1 hour ago, Fathallazf said:

Anyone can explain what is a PF 3 please? Never seen it before. I though a pf starts from 60? 

PF- Proof, is the Strike Type which has no bearing on a coins Numeric Grade- 70 we are all familiar with, but the grade can be as low as 1 !

https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-grading/grading-scale/

I think the coin in your photo has been harshly graded!  Likely a missing digit on the label.  

It's actually a 3!!! I thought it was a typo on the label, I have a coin on my hand with several scratches together and the score is 66...if it's a 3 what would it look like...but if If the wear is too serious, it will be a detail

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Try looking at the coin / medallion instead of "buying" the slab / grade!

While most people will shudder when I tell them this....I have bought three coins I wanted that were graded and (very carefully) jail broke them - none were super high grades btw I do still have a couple of high grade slabbed coins

But then I also take coins out of secondary mint first day covers (Harrington and Byrne, London Mint etc).  I do keep RM coins in their presentation or blister packs but never secondary mint presentations.

23 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Try looking at the coin / medallion instead of "buying" the slab / grade!

😎

I dont really care much about slabbing tbh, it can be nice though sometimes to protect/display special coins. I just saw this coin online and i thought something was wrong. Wanted to ask the experts 😅