• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Advice

Rashka

Hey forum!

As you may have seen I am selling some of my collector coins in UK Ungraded. I have some more coins I want to sell as well, but there has not been much interest regarding them apart from 1 I sold. I am selling them as close to my buy price, however I have been thinking of selling them cheaper and take that hit to exchange these coins for more well known generic ones (eg. britannias).

I was wondering what kind of advice more experienced forum members would have for me regarding this. Would it be better to hold these collector coins and wait for silver price to rise or sell them for a loss?

Thanks in advance!

Coins I am selling

Edited by Rashka

Hi Rashka

My advice is: Buy low, sell high.

I don’t know which coins you own or the condition but sounds like you are going to do a swap of some .999 for some other .999.

Personally, I wouldn’t be selling them for a loss, I would leave it for the price of silver to rise.  Especially if you don’t need to liquidate to cash.

Best

Dicker

Edited by dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

13 minutes ago, Rashka said:

Hey forum!

As you may have seen I am selling some of my collector coins in UK Ungraded. I have some more coins I want to sell as well, but there has not been much interest regarding them apart from 1 I sold. I am selling them as close to my buy price, however I have been thinking of selling them cheaper and take that hit to exchange these coins for more well known generic ones (eg. britannias).

I was wondering what kind of advice more experienced forum members would have for me regarding this. Would it be better to hold these collector coins and wait for silver price to rise or sell them for a loss?

Thanks in advance!

My advice would be include a link to your previous post(s).

😎

Chards

7 minutes ago, dicker said:

Hi Rashka

My advice is: Buy low, sell high.

I don’t know which coins you own or the condition but sounds like you are going to do a swap of some .999 for some other .999.

Personally, I wouldn’t be selling them for a loss, I would leave it for the price of silver to rise.  Especially if you don’t need to liquidate to cash.

Best

Dicker

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

My advice would be include a link to your previous post(s).

😎

I updated my post with a link to the coins I am selling. Most of these coins/bars are from when I was starting to get into silver and as you might know I took a liking to quite a few collecter coins 😆. As I learn more about precious metals I have been foregoing the collector stuff for more generic metals. I have paid quite a bit of premium for a lot of these and I am not sure if I will make that back.

54 minutes ago, Rashka said:

Hey forum!

Thanks in advance!

Coins I am selling

Asahi coins are vastly Overpriced unfortunately, I can get a tube of new ones on forum for £580 delivered. That £24 each in new condition, and yours are tarnished. 

Dragon bars go for £29-£31 so again your ones are on the high side.

I completely understand though that you have paid substantially more through different networks, I've been there and done it personally myself over and over again before finding the forum. 

@dicker is right , if not desperate for cash,then they are already yours and paid for, so put them away until spot price is in your favour. Now focus on bringing your 1oz cost average down by making smarter purchases in the future. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

If you are not in a rush to convert their value into other silver or cash I would keep them and just use your cash flow to purchase the more 'regular' silver you desire. At some point you will likely find that your pricing is more in line with what people will want to pay, or just keep them in your stack for the long haul. You've paid a few quid each one over what they can be had for, many of us have done the same at some point, it's not the end of the world. If you'd bought a monster box at +£4 or £5 a coin that would be a big ol' kick in the ghoolies, but as it is you've not done all that badly. 

4 hours ago, Rashka said:

Hey forum!

Thanks in advance!

Coins I am selling

I think the problem is some of them can be bought for the same price with postage inc from dealers so this may be where the lack of interest is.. 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

8 hours ago, Rashka said:

wait for silver price to rise or sell them for a loss?

To echo the above comments. If you do want to sell it would make more mathematical sense to wait until silver price is higher and you can break even or better including postage costs and just buy differently moving forward.

If you're selling to buy food and pay your bills this month then you might not have the luxury of waiting and in that case you'd have to reach a price or offer which entices a buyer.

The market doesn't care what price you paid whether £1 an Oz or £50 an Oz you will still sell at the current market price. 👍🏼

The other thing to remember is you can’t win ‘em all, sometimes things don’t resale aswell as you might of expected sometimes you’ve got to roll with the punches. Get off items and reinvest but then again all depends on each person financial status 👍

good luck with your sales

I'm currently seeing all over the groups that people are struggling to sell items. I guess its no surprise with the current inflation that folks are spending less on stuff they don't think they need and this will inevitably include coins especially premium vs cheap bullion. Its possible you missed the boat on being able to get a high premium for silver. Assuming you bought while premiums were high over the last couple of years (assuming that given you said your asking price is close to what you paid) then your best bet is to probably hold tight and put them aside for the long haul. The market is changing again and I doubt you'll realize the premiums you are currently asking regardless what you originally paid.