• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tudor beasts 2oz Seymour panther silver proof

Longjon

Hi everyone.

I just want to pick all your brains,

Im thinking of selling/exchanging my 2oz Seymour panther but I’m not sure of it’s value. I was interested in your opinions of how much you think it’s worth or how much you think it would sell for on here. 

so it’s the silver proof Tudor beasts 2oz panther of Seymour coin in capsule and original box with certificate. It’s 1 of only 2000 minted. 

Hope that’s enough info, I look forward to your opinions, thanks!  

Well I have no way of knowing what they are selling for, only the price they are listed for on websites. I don’t believe in selling it for what I bought it for because then it’s not an investment. Things go up in value based on scarcity and collectibility not just intrinsically. I was hoping someone who collects this type of coin would have a ball park figure that’s all. 

They are quite scarce online, and listed for around £245, that’s £60 more than the original price which seems high to me. I can’t see many getting sold at that price 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I’m not an expert, hoping you guys would know more than me. 

3 hours ago, Longjon said:

They are quite scarce online, and listed for around £245, that’s £60 more than the original price which seems high to me. I can’t see many getting sold at that price 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I’m not an expert, hoping you guys would know more than me. 

Here's my honest opinion of recent observations, they are not selling well at all, two established members both had the 2oz up for sale at very reasonable prices above rrp ( £240 and £230 ) they both reduced to £220 then withdrew to sell on ebay ( not sure what they went for in the end.

The 1oz done even worse £95 rrp and have become almost a joke coin on the sales page,£70/£65 recently. Even one member done an auction just to get rid and even added extra coins but still achieved substantially less than rrp.

My advice is to hold until better/more sought after coins in the series come out then people will want in at the start..so your coin then becomes sought-after 😀 

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Thanks @James32 That’s the kind of reply I was hoping for. I was planning on selling it because of what you just said, there seems to be no buzz around the Tudor beast atm so I was going to get rid, but I think your right, when more in the series get released the interest might pick up. I think I’ll hold onto it for now 👍

22 minutes ago, James32 said:

The 1oz done even worse £95 rrp and have become almost a joke coin on the sales page,£70/£65 recently. Even one member done an auction just to get rid and even added extra coins but still achieved substantially less than rrp.

Yes i've tried twice to get rid of mine lol :)I think the RM knew this to,and pushed the release of the box back.So more people would keep buying longer to get the box.

11 hours ago, Longjon said:

Thanks @James32 That’s the kind of reply I was hoping for. I was planning on selling it because of what you just said, there seems to be no buzz around the Tudor beast atm so I was going to get rid, but I think your right, when more in the series get released the interest might pick up. I think I’ll hold onto it for now 👍

I really think you answered your own question here, you want to sell the coin but there is no buzz around it, but you want more than what you paid and that is going to be very unachievable so I only see 2 options for you.

1. Sell at a loss that you are not going to be happy with or

2. Hold for the long term and hope the series picks up and someone wants it down the line that missed out and is willing to pay over the odds.

Many have fallen foul of this RM tactic in the past I've done the same with some SP 50p proofs but we live and learn.

1 hour ago, Longjon said:

Yea that’s a real shame @ArgentSmith, do you wish you had kept them, or glad you sold them? 

Glad to see the back of them personally. I think they will revert to mean rather than pick up although without a crystal ball who knows Petra  might be spot on?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

I mulled over buying into this set for ages. I didn't. In the end.

I suppose the fact that I was able to mull it over for ages and they were still available at RM for a good long time after launch was a warning sign.

They are nice enough, but too similar to and released to soon after the original QBs. Not to mention all the quality issues.

What I think could make them interesting is what would happen if the Queen doesn't live for the remaining 4 years of the series. What would happen then?

....I don’t believe in selling it for what I bought it for because then it’s not an investment...

That's because they aren't an investment - at best they are a speculation.

Historically RM silver proof coins are overpriced and drop in value from the moment they are purchased. Anyone who has spent five minutes looking on Ebay (other auction sites are available) can see that.

I would hazard that 80% of proof product from the RM eventually get re-sold at a loss. The few exceptions are low mintage popular coins that sell-out quickly - and even then, prices tend to stabilise after the initial frenzy.

All you can do is hope that the series takes off around issue 6 or 7 creating a demand. Selling at exactly the right time is the key.

On 12/06/2022 at 09:19, AgD said:

I really think you answered your own question here, you want to sell the coin but there is no buzz around it, but you want more than what you paid and that is going to be very unachievable so I only see 2 options for you.

1. Sell at a loss that you are not going to be happy with or

2. Hold for the long term and hope the series picks up and someone wants it down the line that missed out and is willing to pay over the odds.

Many have fallen foul of this RM tactic in the past I've done the same with some SP 50p proofs but we live and learn.

Don't disagree, however there is always trade for X amount of bullion

19 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

Don't disagree, however there is always trade for X amount of bullion

That is true, there will always be someone that will want a certain just gotta hold until that time 

Interesting comments 🤔  - I also happen to have a 2oz Tudor Lion Silver proof - but have decided to go with the 2 coin Tudor Beasts Proof sets, including the reverse proof coin (1000 mintage) instead.

I have been thinking of offering the 2oz for trade for a half sovereign (which at current prices would be around the same as I paid for the 2 oz coin) - my reasoning would be that if someone wanted my 2oz and had a half sovereign that they had held for a while, they might decide that it was a good trade...?

Probably dreaming again, but did make me wonder if it would be of interest to anyone 😊

Bob