• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Silver Coin Giveaway Thursday 14th April 2022 at Windsor Castle

Don't miss the great silver coin handout!

"Prince Charles and Camilla will join the congregation for the Royal Maundy service at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, and will be welcomed by the Right Reverend David Conner, who gave the address at Prince Philip’s memorial service.

For the past two years, the service has not been held due to the pandemic and instead the queen wrote to recipients of Maundy money, who received the coins in the post, to thank them for the community work that had earned them their nominations.

This year, Prince Charles will distribute the Maundy coins to 96 men and 96 women — as the queen will be 96 this year, celebrating her birthday on April 21.

Each recipient receives two purses, one red and one white.

The white purse is filled with uniquely minted Maundy money — silver 10p and 3p pieces — to the value of 96 pence.

In the red pouch is a £5 coin and a 50p coin honouring the queen’s platinum jubilee. Both coins were newly minted this year.

The Royal Maundy is an ancient ceremony that traces its origins to the commandment Jesus gave to love one another after he washed the feet of his disciples on the day before Good Friday, two days before Easter Sunday."

I don't know whether an invitation is necessary to attend the ceremony, but it certainly would be required by those who were due to receive the coins.

If any TSF member is due to be a Maundy Money recipient, it would be interesting to hear about it, if not, you will have to wash your own feet!

😎

P.S. I should mention that most of the above is an unedited quote direct from thenationalnews.com

I also should have read it in full, then I would have noticed the idiocy about silver 10p and 3p pieces!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard
added postscript

Chards

30 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Prince Charles and Camilla will join the congregation for the Royal Maundy service at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, and will be welcomed by the Right Reverend David Conner, who gave the address at Prince Philip’s memorial service.

For the past two years, the service has not been held due to the pandemic and instead the queen wrote to recipients of Maundy money, who received the coins in the post, to thank them for the community work that had earned them their nominations.

This year, Prince Charles will distribute the Maundy coins to 96 men and 96 women — as the queen will be 96 this year, celebrating her birthday on April 21.

The white purse is filled with uniquely minted Maundy money — silver 10p and 3p pieces — to the value of 96 pence.

In the red pouch is a £5 coin and a 50p coin honouring the queen’s platinum jubilee. Both coins were newly minted this year.

The Royal Maundy is an ancient ceremony that traces its origins to the commandment Jesus gave to love one another after he washed the feet of his disciples on the day before Good Friday, two days before Easter Sunday.

I don't know whether an invitation is necessary to attend the ceremony, but it certainly would be required by those who were due to receive the coins.

If any TSF member is due to be Maundy Money recipient, it would be interesting to hear about it, if not, you will have to wash your own feet!

😎

Are you a local to Windsor elderly person who is deemed worthy?😁

42 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Prince Charles and Camilla will join the congregation for the Royal Maundy service at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, and will be welcomed by the Right Reverend David Conner, who gave the address at Prince Philip’s memorial service.

The Royal Maundy is an ancient ceremony that traces its origins to the commandment Jesus gave to love one another after he washed the feet of his disciples on the day before Good Friday, two days before Easter Sunday.

If any TSF member is due to be Maundy Money recipient, it would be interesting to hear about it, if not, you will have to wash your own feet!

😎

Will you be stocking these?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

46 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

i got an invite as declined as Ive been left of the new years honurs list for the past 30 years out of protest. I should have got one for services to TSF

yours honourably

HerefordBullyun MFI Twix DFS KIT KAT and BAR - Operational Service Medal x3  and LSGC, the latter one I do hold and is  in the london gazette! 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Will you be stocking these?

If we get offered Maundy coins, we try to buy them, but new ones almost always sell for much more than normal, so you can buy a 10, 20 , or 50 year old set for perhaps half the price of new one. We never chase after sets from the current or recent years.

So, probably yes in another 10 or 20 years time.

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

i got an invite as declined as Ive been left of the new years honurs list for the past 30 years out of protest. I should have got one for services to TSF

yours honourably

HerefordBullyun MFI Twix DFS KIT KAT and BAR - Operational Service Medal x3  and LSGC, the latter one I do hold and is  in the london gazette! 

Lucky for you that you turned down Boris' birthday party invitation.

😎

Chards

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Lucky for you that you turned down Boris' birthday party invitation.

😎

Hell still  get knighted for pishing it up whilst people dying. Corruption is rife in the establishment! If Tony blair can get it any idiot can!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

14 hours ago, TeaTime said:

....'The white purse is filled with uniquely minted Maundy money — silver 10p and 3p pieces — to the value of 96 pence'...

I have never heard of a Maundy 10p - looking forward to seeing one 🤨

P.S. I should mention that most of the above is an unedited quote direct from thenationalnews.com

I also should have read it in full, then I would have noticed the idiocy about silver 10p and 3p pieces!

😎

5 hours ago, SidS said:

Surely it should be 1p-4p pieces?

Edited to add: it feels really weird using 'p' with Maundy coins.

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Aww, I was really expecting there to be a queue on the RM website this morning :D 

No, to relieve traffic at Llantrisant, today's queue was at St. George's Chapel.

I thought half of TSF would have been there, and was looking forward to seeing the selfies posted here.

Chards

19 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

I think it was the Mamas & Papas that said: "Maundy, Maundy. Can't trust those coins."

• 2 weeks later...