• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Old sovereign vs new uncirculated sovereign when stacking?

VinylRush

On 10/03/2022 at 18:41, GoldDiggerDave said:

Royal mint “historic” sovereigns are over priced and under graded.  

https://www.chards.co.uk/elizabeth-ii-first-portrait-mint-bullion-sovereign/10411

these are a gem to collect from chards, 

On 10/03/2022 at 18:47, TommyTwoShots said:

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/buy/gold-sovereign-elizabeth-pre-decimal

cheaper here

Edit: I just bought a few so only 1 left

I'm somewhat wary about buying 2nd hand sovereigns online.  I'd really like to see them in person and make sure I wasn't going to receive a worn one. 

I'm tempted by a 2020 Royal Mint brand new sovereign.  They have dropped over the last few days to around 385 and could drop lower if this correction in price continues. 

I went to see my local dealer on Saturday and he had a collection of common older sovereigns in good condition.  He was asking £375 each.  I said I would have a mull over it and be back in a hour but when I went back he had sold them.  Damn!  Oh well, I will go again this Saturday and see what he has got.

2 hours ago, VinylRush said:

Is the RM trading bullion again?  I mean can I buy gold from the RM?

You’ll be paying a hefty premium buying from RM, £385 is still a little high I’d say. The best place to buy is here on the forum or as others have suggested above.

Someone is selling a 2021 sovereign on the for sale part of the forum, I’ve no idea who that could be. 😆

On 11/03/2022 at 10:29, GoldDiggerDave said:

Might look the bargain of the century in 18 months. 

On 11/03/2022 at 10:36, harrygill111 said:

... or they might look like the highest price's in history

That is somehow always the deal. If you are totally new stacking, the spot isn't that necessary. For people, buying their gold for years, or years ago, gold right now is really expensive. But they hold gold, they can wait for better days. If you start, don't look just on the spot. Look, what you can afford to buy over the next months, or years. And don't buy everything on one day. You will buy for more, for less and get a good average cost of your buys. And don't use money, that could be needed for something else. PM's are not for a short flip, especially not these days we are living in.

7 hours ago, VinylRush said:

I'm somewhat wary about buying 2nd hand sovereigns online.  I'd really like to see them in person and make sure I wasn't going to receive a worn one. 

I'm tempted by a 2020 Royal Mint brand new sovereign.  They have dropped over the last few days to around 385 and could drop lower if this correction in price continues. 

I went to see my local dealer on Saturday and he had a collection of common older sovereigns in good condition.  He was asking £375 each.  I said I would have a mull over it and be back in a hour but when I went back he had sold them.  Damn!  Oh well, I will go again this Saturday and see what he has got.

This forum is the single most trusted and reliable place for my coin purchases. Every single silver member I have dealt with has been totally honest and reliable.