• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Double Sovereign

Smiler999

I can understand getting one or two especially of this year's design but not something I'd stack a lot of. Seems like the worst of both worlds? A bit like half oz gold coins 

14 hours ago, Smiler999 said:

Anyone know a dealer who has the DS apart from the Royal Mint and in stock?

Thanks

Do Costco have them? Someone just shared in gold deals the full sov is well priced there at the moment 

14 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

I can understand getting one or two especially of this year's design but not something I'd stack a lot of. Seems like the worst of both worlds? A bit like half oz gold coins 

Do Costco have them? Someone just shared in gold deals the full sov is well priced there at the moment 

Only ever seen bars, sovs and 1oz brits in Costco

19 hours ago, Smiler999 said:

Thanks

19 hours ago, MJCOIN said:

No.  I've been looking and had to pull the trigger with RM.

7 hours ago, Jvw said:

Seems that GS have a couple ( https://goldsilver.be/nl/goud/4416-uk-double-gold-sovereign-2022.html )

Expensive though. 

The TLAs (2 Letter Acronyms) are flying today, DS, RM and GS.

I know one BD who is full of BS in case that helps.

I know Ch in BP are working on them, but will not buy stock unless or until they / we feel the price is right.

OK for now?

😎

Chards

36 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

The TLAs (2 Letter Acronyms) are flying today, DS, RM and GS.

I know one BD who is full of BS in case that helps.

I know Ch in BP are working on them, but will not buy stock unless or until they / we feel the price is right.

OK for now?

😎

Incidentally I also know a BD who is full of BS and it ain't bullion sovereigns 😋

😎

4 minutes ago, Smiler999 said:

Hurry up and get the new double sovereign in and less of your nonsense lol 

At the latest point I was involved in we could either buy 500 (which we don't want) at a reasonable price, or a reasonable quantity at a price which we don't want to pay.

😎

Chards

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

we could either buy 500 (which we don't want) at a reasonable price, or a reasonable quantity at a price which we don't want to pay.

Shirley, you could use your Mint Marquee status to get preferential pricing ;) 

It does seem as if BDs who are not the RM are less keen/less able to offer DS for sale at a price that is competitive with the RM.  This is a pity for TSFGS* or TSFGC** like many of us here, who would rather buy from a BD like Ch of BP rather than reward the RM.

But - similar to @MJCOIN, I bought my DS from the RM.  In 2020 I bought one from A because the price was similar to the RM.  BBP also had them but the price was OTT.

*The Silver Forum Gold Stackers

** ~ Gold Collectors

😀

Edited by Stuntman

• 1 month later...
On 11/02/2022 at 20:06, Smiler999 said:

Thanks

Everything comes to he who waits:

2022GoldBullionUngradedDoubleSovereignElizabethIICoinSingleUnitedKingdomTheRoyalMintrevcrop.thumb.jpg.0308a6454f1b6a26791ce0c50abff57b.jpg

Although I have not looked to see how to tell a 2022 £1 sovereign apart from a 2022 double sovereign, from photos. Obviously, in the flesh, it's obvious!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Everything comes to he who waits:

2022GoldBullionUngradedDoubleSovereignElizabethIICoinSingleUnitedKingdomTheRoyalMintrevcrop.thumb.jpg.0308a6454f1b6a26791ce0c50abff57b.jpg

Although I have not looked to see how to tell a 2022 £1 sovereign apart from a 2022 double sovereign, from photos. Obviously, in the flesh, it's obvious!

😎

Can't beat a bit of tautology!

(You can say that again)

😎

13 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Obviously you are correct😉

Correct!

😎

Chards

27 minutes ago, Smiler999 said:

Laurence I can't seem to find it on the Chards site

That's because you mis-spelt Lawrence! 😎

It might not be there yet.

I saw it in our "Photos" workstream, and had to ask if we had now got a trade supply of them from somewhere, but it was just a single secondary market buy-in, there are a few spots visible on the coin.

There is a distinct possibility we could source new ones at some stage.

Chards